Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Tinted my reverse lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2005
ThE CoRRupToR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
Tinted my reverse lights

Yup, i retinted these wit some real tint

http://stickercity.com/store/customer/home.php

Oh yea and i took this wit my new cam
Old 01-29-2005
i have a new home do u
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

v8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of light
i dont really like but thats my opinion
Old 01-29-2005
Registered!!

isuzu5000 will become famous soon enoughisuzu5000 will become famous soon enough
i've been tryin' to find out where i can get those yellow ones for the headlights. should i do yellow or smoke?
Old 01-29-2005
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
i dont get it? how do you see at night. I notice you have tint in the back. I have limo tint in the back and i can barely see with my stock reverse lights. I had to put some xenon reverse lights just so i can see when i'm in reverse.

It looks ok, but i dont think its a great idea, safety wise.
Old 01-29-2005
You bought a used dog??

def01tones will become famous soon enough
umm......ok......
Old 01-29-2005
Registered!!

caliart is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah what he said......?
Old 01-29-2005
Registered!!

MasterSadon is an unknown quantity at this point
Master Sadon is confused
Old 01-29-2005
Registered!!

02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light
its done cleanly, However, i would never do that.... looks good with out that IMHO.

as for isuzu5000 "i've been tryin' to find out where i can get those yellow ones for the headlights. should i do yellow or smoke?"

If you want Yellow, go in the Marketplace thread, there is someone selling them but dont smoke em.
Old 01-29-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
It sounds like a good idea, but the tint is way too dark to the point of being ricey. I think with a partial tint is would blend better. Then again, the 01 tails look alot cleaner than those imo.
Old 01-29-2005
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute
take it off man, i think if you have JDM clear strip then tint clear strip black, it would look million times better. but if u are just simply tinting that small reverse light, not good. IMO.
Old 01-29-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
I think you should try tinting it not blacking out. Then take it off if it doesn't work.
Old 01-29-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
have fun getting pulled over man, espically in LA

Injen
Old 01-29-2005
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
Looks out of place man, I dont really like it.
Old 01-29-2005
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
Originally Posted by injencivic
have fun getting pulled over man, espically in LA

Injen

Haha!! You dont have to tell me that Need to goto court on the 10th
Old 01-29-2005
Tighter than a third eye after 1 week in prison.

Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
eh, i don't like it
Old 01-29-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by TemjinX2
i dont get it? how do you see at night. I notice you have tint in the back. I have limo tint in the back and i can barely see with my stock reverse lights. I had to put some xenon reverse lights just so i can see when i'm in reverse.

It looks ok, but i dont think its a great idea, safety wise.
wouldn't xenon (not true HID) bulbs actually hinder performance? i'm pretty sure yellow > blue...
Old 01-29-2005
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
look diff
Old 01-29-2005
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by infinite012
wouldn't xenon (not true HID) bulbs actually hinder performance? i'm pretty sure yellow > blue...

xenon as in white light (4300k). Yes i would lose lumens but i would get more luminace. I dont need the light to travel that far, just make everything brighter. In this case then, the xenons are better because they make everything brighter over stock.
Old 01-30-2005
Premium Member

stock is brighter because the bulb is not coated. Those coatings reduce light output to change the color temp.

Dru don't make me fly to cali and take it off!
Old 01-30-2005
ThE CoRRupToR

Originally Posted by gearbox
stock is brighter because the bulb is not coated. Those coatings reduce light output to change the color temp.

hehe
Old 01-30-2005
Boosted Auto Sedan Project In Progress

02sleeper is an unknown quantity at this point
sweet
Old 01-30-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox

Definition of the difference between lumens and luminance. I already said the lightout put is lower then stock because of the lose of lumens. I said it was ok because you get more luminance because of the higher color range, which is fine for reverse lights, since you want the light from your reverse lights to make the area around your car brighter so you can see how far you can go not travel further especially if your back windows are tinted.

http://www.hubbell-ltg.com/products/...l/glossary.pdf
Old 01-30-2005
Premium Member

Oh ya I see now.
Old 01-30-2005
Registered!!

^^^^^^^^

yup
Old 01-30-2005
Registered!!

chrisleecool has a spectacular aura aboutchrisleecool has a spectacular aura about
not feeling it...(u musta've been bored tho eh? )
Old 01-30-2005
Premium Member

I've done that too. When you run out of real mods to do, you start doing ricey ones. Don't worry, you'll realize and change it.
Old 01-30-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
yeah i'm getting bored and low on funds so i'm doing a retrofit and angel eyes
Old 01-30-2005
nor cal 7thgens

allmotor can only hope to improve
never seen that done before
Old 01-31-2005
Registered!!

cdmx will become famous soon enoughcdmx will become famous soon enough
Original
Old 01-31-2005
Euro-Spec

tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
I don't like it man. I say take it off. Up to you though

Quick Reply: Tinted my reverse lights