Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

My 04 Civic got Hit

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ty.barrack is an unknown quantity at this point
My 04 Civic got Hit

My 04 Civic got hit in the parking lot of the grocery store, this young lady backed right into the side of my car, and said it's my fault.

I called the police, I let her use my cell to call her insurance, I called my insurance. I took the car in for an estimate for my insurance, and called her insurance, they said it was my fault, she backed into me WTF.

Anyway, I wrote a two page report of what happened, and took a lot of pictures of my car. the estimate to repair my rear quarter panel, and side of my back bumper was almost $1,300.00 WTF again.

Her insurance didn't need me to get an estimate for them, but they blew it.

I'm just pretty mad about this whole thing. my car is only 5 months old.
Old 01-15-2005
Go Team Venture!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light
if she backed into you how the hell is it yer fault ??

i think its time for an mspaint diagram of what happened

i would have just killed her on the spot
Old 01-15-2005
Premium Member

genx_7 is an unknown quantity at this point
^wtf?
Old 01-15-2005
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
takumi is on a distinguished road
Were you parked or moving?
Old 01-15-2005
Registered!!

that's the funny part, after she backed into the side of my car, We both pulled into parking spots opposite eachother. her left corner of her rear corolla's bumper was smashed in like it hit a wall, there is a dent that matches in my left quarter panel, and scratches going back to the end of my bumper from when we separated, and pulled back into our spots.
Old 01-15-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Takumi
Were you parked or moving?
I was moving I was backed almost all the way out of my spot and onto the road way, when her car backed into my quarter panel, I was going very slowly, watching for grocery carts, and kids. from the impact point I continued to back up about three inches, when I suddenly saw her trunk right under my driver door window.
Old 01-15-2005
I love to suck t3h c0ck & am supr ghey

i8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nice
that's gonna be hard to say that you had no fault in the collision cause you were both backing out
Old 01-15-2005
StAyInG StOcK aNd MarRiEd

ES2Guy is an unknown quantity at this point
What state are you in because a lot of the laws are different depending on where you are. If you were here in California it would have been her fault only because you were most of the way out. Were there any witnesses? Hope you got their names and whatnot, any police report? Good luck!
Old 01-15-2005
Registered!!

yes I see your point but the pictures, and my report make it very clear as to who hit who.
Old 01-15-2005
StAyInG StOcK aNd MarRiEd

ES2Guy is an unknown quantity at this point
We at 7thgen are very visual people, so if you could create a "diagram" of what happened it might help some.
Old 01-15-2005
I love to suck t3h c0ck & am supr ghey

i8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nice
visual = we're too stupid and dumb to read what you say so we need a picture... hey that's what i do in TIME magazine
Old 01-15-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ES2Guy
What state are you in because a lot of the laws are different depending on where you are. If you were here in California it would have been her fault only because you were most of the way out. Were there any witnesses? Hope you got their names and whatnot, any police report? Good luck!
yeah I was almost all the way out, and I called the police they got there in about 10 minutes took down the report of the accident. I'll post pictures probably tonight.

Yes I am in San Diego
Old 01-15-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
post some MS paint pics ASAP! lol
Old 01-15-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
um yeah it's her fault for not paying attention.Doesn't matter if both of you were moving. Whoever is on the roadway has right of way over those in a parking spot.
Old 01-15-2005
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute
first mistake, you should have never moved, fvck that ****. i would have stayed as is. so when the police comes, he will tell who's fault it is. fvck whoever tells you to move. you should have not moved that car a single inch. if that was me, aint putting that key to my ignition once im hit. hell if someone tells you your blocking traffic etc. fvck it, they all can get the fvck out of the scene and go around.
when i was hit on DC, and you know how busy DC streets are, i ain't move that car a single inch of ****. i waited for the police to tell me to move it.
anyways hope its not your fault, and did you get all her info?
Old 01-15-2005
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by CiViCPrAnInG2k1
first mistake, you should have never moved, fvck that ****. i would have stayed as is. so when the police comes, he will tell who's fault it is. fvck whoever tells you to move. you should have not moved that car a single inch. if that was me, aint putting that key to my ignition once im hit. hell if someone tells you your blocking traffic etc. fvck it, they all can get the fvck out of the scene and go around.
when i was hit on DC, and you know how busy DC streets are, i ain't move that car a single inch of ****. i waited for the police to tell me to move it.
anyways hope its not your fault, and did you get all her info?
I love the attitude! I should have done the same thing.
Old 01-15-2005
Registered!!

lilravingmatt has a little shameless behaviour in the past
^^ Same Here!
Old 01-15-2005
BOOSTED DOHC i-VTEC

stl01civic is an unknown quantity at this point
what did the police report said??? They should have something to said like who fault was it.

Don't call ur insurance company when it is her fault. That way ur insurance would go up, even though it is not ur fault.
Old 01-15-2005
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
damm yongster
Old 01-15-2005
Registered!!

well If we didnt move we would have been blocking about 4 people from getting out of their cars, and it was about 3:45 in the afternoon on a Wednesday Afternoon. anyhow, she was obviously at fault, we both have insurance, no matter what kind of creative bull story she comes up with the physical evidence will tell the truth 100%.

I am just going to be happy when my car is fixed. I just don't think my insurance should pay for her reckless driving. I have been driving for almost 21 years now, and never been in a car accident of any sort, she might have been 18 years old.

In fact according to her she just got her car back from the body shop a couple days before our accident, for the same corner of her bumper being smashed.
Old 01-15-2005
Registered!!

nickm748 is an unknown quantity at this point
That sucks man, I woulda flipped out if she tried tellin me it was my fault
Old 01-15-2005
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
they probably do a risk analysis of the accident based on your stories and damage. Sometimes insurances like doing percentages on whose fault it was. Sometimes it could be 100% there fault or it could be 70% there fault and 30% your fault. If you have good insurance, all you really have to do is tell them your story and they should take care it for you and tell you how there going to settle it.

sorry to hear about your 04
Old 01-16-2005
Registered!!

yeah it sucks, and the body shop is going to need my car for 5 to 7 days to fix it. Ouch. good thing it's early in the year got plenty of vacation left.
Old 01-16-2005
Registered!!

cdmx will become famous soon enoughcdmx will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by ty.barrack
that's the funny part, after she backed into the side of my car, We both pulled into parking spots opposite eachother. her left corner of her rear corolla's bumper was smashed in like it hit a wall, there is a dent that matches in my left quarter panel, and scratches going back to the end of my bumper from when we separated, and pulled back into our spots.

There was your first mistake

you'd be surprised older people who have more experience know how to work the system

Next time...if there is a next time...do not move the vehicles till the officer gets there so he can see the points of impact and where the cars were..skid marks etc....

i had a horrible time one time as well, they said it was my fault

haha check out my diagram i did at the time.

Last edited by cdmx; 01-16-2005 at 04:30 PM.
Old 01-16-2005
Registered!!

did it look like this?

like this???

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	accident.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	45425  
Old 01-16-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ty.barrack
yeah it sucks, and the body shop is going to need my car for 5 to 7 days to fix it. Ouch. good thing it's early in the year got plenty of vacation left.

Let them take their time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cannot stress that enough...do not hurry them

try and let them know your willing to sacrifise more days without your beloved car for them to fix it as best as they can :-P
Old 01-16-2005
Registered!!

jackal903 is an unknown quantity at this point
i got the same **** like this two months ago. a bitch hitted my exactlly like this, but only hit my rear bumper, we didnt' call insurance because she knew that was her fault. then i said need about $500 to fix it. but she only got $400 cash. I took it and bought a 04 tail lights and 04 rear bumper only cost $300.....
Old 01-16-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by cdmx
like this???

Dude you must have seen the accident, that is exactly what it looked like.
Old 01-16-2005
Registered!!

Civic04 is an unknown quantity at this point
thats her fault .
Old 01-16-2005
Registered!!

Dude you need to e-mail me that picture, sub Bitches car with Bonnie, I can send that to both of our insurance companies, along with the pictures.

Quick Reply: My 04 Civic got Hit