Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

wrecked em'?..damn near killed em

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2004
You gotta be as blind as Anne Frank not to see that

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ddevil0013 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy wrecked em'?..damn near killed em

Well....it was bound to happen. I was heading southbound on 7th St. and I pulled into the Hilton just south of Thunderbird. As far as I can recall, I was probably going a good 60mph. All of the sudden i hit the curb on the left side of the road, tried to get away, but ended up streering right into the guard rail on the right side. Then I bounced off that and straight into a deep grassy ditch. I swear to god my little vic was airborne for about 4 seconds. All in all, I'm ok and yes I'm an idiot for not wearing my seatbelt. The passenger was wearing his belt so he was fine. I kind of ended up getting thrown around in the car a bit and on top of him. My neck kind of hurts too. As far as the car is concerned, the back bumper is falling off, huge dents in both passanger doors, front is banged up, hood doesn't sit right but still drivable. Im going to go get an estimate at Bell Honda today, but I'm guessing it'll be somewhere around 5K total. Does anyone know a cheap but quality shop around here in the valley? Any help would be appreciated oh and i'll get some pics up for you guys tomorrow.
Old 12-05-2004
Proud Protaganistic Propagandist

MisterTinkerTrain should not be trustedMisterTinkerTrain should not be trustedMisterTinkerTrain should not be trustedMisterTinkerTrain should not be trustedMisterTinkerTrain should not be trusted
You get what you pay for...remember that.....

WEAR YOUR SEATBELT!
Old 12-05-2004
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
youre an idiot. youre going 60mph and suddenly you hit the curb?? were you watching the road?? i dont understand how you can all of a sudden just hit a curb...and even more so, how it was bound to happen? you are damn lucky no one else got hurt. and very stupid for not wearing a seatbelt. you might get sympathy from others on the site, but you wont get any from me.

and like tinker said, you get what you pay for.
Old 12-05-2004

yea, i realize i'm an idiot. and im not looking for sympathy. the thing is i do usually wear my seatbelt, but for some reason this time i didn't. i also had the new slipknot cd on and it kinda got me goin. the road also curves to the right a little and it's at an incline so i didn't expect the curve to be that much so the curb kind of surprised me. i know i didn't expolain how it happend very well because to tell you the truth im not even sure myslef . anyone from phx that has passed by there probably knows it's a bit tricky ..but flame on about the seatbelt..i know i deserve it
Old 12-05-2004
Registered!!

bentspoon is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by PbFoot
youre an idiot. youre going 60mph and suddenly you hit the curb?? were you watching the road?? i dont understand how you can all of a sudden just hit a curb...and even more so, how it was bound to happen? you are damn lucky no one else got hurt. and very stupid for not wearing a seatbelt. you might get sympathy from others on the site, but you wont get any from me.

and like tinker said, you get what you pay for.
lmfao, i was about to type the exact same thing
Old 12-05-2004
Mr. Clean

Changu-San can only hope to improve
wow you're and idiot...j/k

sounds like serious damage though...should be around $6-7k if you get it fixed at the dealer...mine came out $5k + $500 deductable when i got into my accident. they replaced my whole quarter panel, repainted my whole car, replace two of my rims and my sideskirts and did a sh*tload of other stuff. My car was at the shop for a good 15 days.
Old 12-05-2004
Go Team Venture!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light
hahahaha slipnot.. hahahaha

sorry bout yer car
Old 12-05-2004

here's the pics... not that bad but still sux
http://reg.imageshack.us/forums/view...hp?p=8272#8272
Old 12-06-2004
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
If you need any of these parts lemme know

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=177369
Old 12-06-2004
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
Whatever
Old 12-06-2004
Registered!!

Danman114 will become famous soon enough
might as well buy a body kit, make you car look nice when this is all over.
Old 12-06-2004
Premium Member

bfitz is an unknown quantity at this point
Well I guess when all this is done you'll be wearing your seatbelt religiously (and that doesn't mean just on Sundays!) Cars can be fixed. That's not always the case with people. Glad you weren't seriously hurt.

-Fitz
Old 12-06-2004
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PbFoot
and very stupid for not wearing a seatbelt. .
yeah, seat belts are there for a reason........but i know someone that got into a accident and burned alive, they think.........b/c she got stuck in her seat belt. I try to wear mine, but sometimes i don't b/c of that.
Old 12-06-2004
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by ddevil0013
yea, i realize i'm an idiot. and im not looking for sympathy. the thing is i do usually wear my seatbelt, but for some reason this time i didn't. i also had the new slipknot cd on and it kinda got me goin. the road also curves to the right a little and it's at an incline so i didn't expect the curve to be that much so the curb kind of surprised me. i know i didn't expolain how it happend very well because to tell you the truth im not even sure myslef . anyone from phx that has passed by there probably knows it's a bit tricky ..but flame on about the seatbelt..i know i deserve it

Was gonna type that. The first few times you go over that, just hold the wheel pretty nice. It is much different of a hill than normal driving in Phoenix. Sorry to hear that, gotta pay attention on 7th by the mountains. It is a fun road to take fast though. I always catch myself speeding on 7th by T-Bird.
Old 12-06-2004
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
nice pics, that musta sucked big time. You went off the road to the left before the mountain??????
Old 12-06-2004
Still in the game...

scatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to behold
what,were u all cracked out or somethin and seeing ish !!
Old 12-06-2004
USMC - Semper Fi

2004CivicHBSi is on a distinguished road
that sucks...its good ur ok though... by the way... there was no need to be a total you know what to the guy.. dont sit there and rip on him
Old 12-06-2004
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
Sorry to hear all that happened. I hope you find a place that doesn't rip you off.
Old 12-08-2004

gotti will become famous soon enoughgotti will become famous soon enough
meh, your car was stock. Not a big deal. Just use insurance money to pay for aftermarket ****.
Old 12-09-2004

the scary part about all this is i just found out that 2 days after my wreck, a guy from my former high school was driving his mustang down the exact same road and now he is dead... he hit a pole that i barely missed by like 10 feet ...freaky stuff
Old 12-09-2004
Premium Member

jeffsta17 is an unknown quantity at this point
damn thats one crazy street!!! Accidents suck I had a 2 cars jump the center divider on the 110 north on sunday almost kill me... anyways do what the others say and use the insurance money to buy a kit!
Old 12-09-2004
Registered!!

Ershall is an unknown quantity at this point
You're a bloody idiot. suck it up b*tch.
Old 12-09-2004
Premium Member

jeffsta17 is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^someones in a bad mood?
Old 12-09-2004
Registered!!

Ershall is an unknown quantity at this point
no, he began the thread by saying that "it was bound to happen." and then sealed the deal by further mentioning that he wasn't wearing a seat belt.....

As if he had nothing to do with the accident occuring and he couldn't have killed himself. Had he hit a pole or enbankment, he'd be dead....but hey, it was bound to happen. We'll all get into such accidents one day or another, right?

Last edited by Ershall; 12-09-2004 at 08:12 PM.
Old 12-09-2004
THE CHOSEN ONE

2k1HXVTEC should not be trusted2k1HXVTEC should not be trusted2k1HXVTEC should not be trusted
yeah, quite honestly, i got to agree with ershall. maybe you should use the insurance money to buy a lifetimes worth of bus fare and stay off the road.
Old 12-09-2004
deploy,engage,destroy.. to fail is not an option

thrash_273 is an unknown quantity at this point
what you see is what you get. that's the lesson for you as of today. poor civic. that's not you.
Old 12-10-2004

i started out saying "it was bound to happen" because i've been driving for over 2 years now and never had any accidents, no tickets, only got pulled over once so i'd consider myself a good driver. i don't street race and i don't drive recklessly at all. this is just one of those things that happens, a bit of bad luck and bad decisions. happens to everyone. my insurance guy told me there was $6K in damages so i def need to get that fixed. im thinking about a tegra gs-r instead. found a 2000 model for $7500, what u guys think?
Old 12-10-2004
THE CHOSEN ONE

2k1HXVTEC should not be trusted2k1HXVTEC should not be trusted2k1HXVTEC should not be trusted
well, i really dont think your previous drivers record has anything to do with it. that just means you were lucky. Most people are horrible drivers but they just get lucky. Oh and BTW 2 years is a VERY short time to go with no accidents.
Old 12-10-2004

well.. my insurance guy called me this morning and told me as the shop was looking at my car they found some extra damages. that's an extra 2500 ducks. this brings the repair cost to 8500, but my car is only worth 9000. is this considered salvaged then? if so im looking for a new car around the 9000 price range and low miles. anyone have any ideas? not looking for a F1 car, just something reliable to get me through college
Old 12-10-2004
THE CHOSEN ONE

bus tokens are cheap

Quick Reply: wrecked em'?..damn near killed em