Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

ooh, i got a package... (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skunk2ner is an unknown quantity at this point
ooh, i got a package... (pics)

oh boy, i got a package.

what could be inside?

ohh, brembo blank rotors and PBR/Axxis Ultimate pads

pretty. now i have something to do on my day off tomorrow.
Old 11-10-2004
Registered!!

dchalifoux7 is an unknown quantity at this point
oh nice.... just rub it in!!! lol
Old 11-10-2004

sw388integra is a jewel in the roughsw388integra is a jewel in the roughsw388integra is a jewel in the roughsw388integra is a jewel in the rough
no pads?!?...
Old 11-10-2004
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
Awesome. After you get them installed, tell me if they produce a lot of dust...
Old 11-10-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sw388integra
no pads?!?...
look on the right in the second pic, i have PBR/Axxis ultimate pads.
Old 11-10-2004
Registered!!

joe6680 will become famous soon enoughjoe6680 will become famous soon enough
You shoulda gotten cross drilled rotors.
Old 11-10-2004

sw388integra is a jewel in the roughsw388integra is a jewel in the roughsw388integra is a jewel in the roughsw388integra is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Skunk2ner
look on the right in the second pic, i have PBR/Axxis ultimate pads.
oh okay..my computer is real dark..my b...
Old 11-10-2004
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by joe6680
You shoulda gotten cross drilled rotors.
RICER!!!!! Cross drilled rotors will crack/shatter under pressure. They're only good for looks.

Skunk2ner: You bought the rotors and pads from importrp?
Old 11-10-2004
Mr. Clean

Changu-San can only hope to improve
nice. post some pics after inatallation!
Old 11-10-2004
Registered!!

joe6680 will become famous soon enoughjoe6680 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by infinite012
RICER!!!!! Cross drilled rotors will crack/shatter under pressure. They're only good for looks.

Skunk2ner: You bought the rotors and pads from importrp?
Ok then get slotted ones.
Old 11-10-2004
Registered!!

yeah, i got them at importrp, $120 shipped.

i chose blanks instead of slotted because i intend to do auto-x and i'm trying to stay in HS, and in HS you're not supposed to upgrade rotors, but these look stock-ish and they wont be able to tell heh...
Old 11-10-2004
Registered!!

exclusive_vtec will become famous soon enough
mmmmm yummy.. looks good
Old 11-10-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Get yourself a big bottle of wheel cleaner... you're gonna need it. Dust storm is the only downside to those pads, Its the same set up I've got.
BTW ricers.... blanks are actually the preferred choice of high performance braking whenever they provide enough cooling capacity. No features in the surface mean more braking area and no stress concentrations, and brembo's venting system is more than adequate.
Old 11-10-2004
Custom Titles are played out

RiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Boilermaker1
Get yourself a big bottle of wheel cleaner... you're gonna need it. Dust storm is the only downside to those pads, Its the same set up I've got.
BTW ricers.... blanks are actually the preferred choice of high performance braking whenever they provide enough cooling capacity. No features in the surface mean more braking area and no stress concentrations, and brembo's venting system is more than adequate.
For street applications, slotted is an okay way to go and will increase stopping power and decreasing stopping distance, right?
Old 11-11-2004
Registered!!

NitehawkVTEC is an unknown quantity at this point
I have Axxis Ultimates and Rotora Slotted Rotors on my CL Type-S. and damn, when i first put those things on they were so damn dusty. Not so bad now. Not PBR2 however. what is that. a new version?
Old 11-11-2004
Registered!!

haha, well i'm still running my steelies and hubcaps, i just hose them off when i was the car, they are going to be replaced with rotas soon enough though. i take it you like your brake setup? i'm going to do auto-x so i want the best i can get.
Old 11-11-2004
Registered!!

ferio is an unknown quantity at this point
just curious. what's the difference between stock? are they bigger?
Old 11-11-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ferio

Maximum safety in time: Careful design, based on advanced calculation systems, controls the heat transmission from the braking surface to the hat section.
Advanced solutions: the use of specific cast irons, coming from the integration of foundries in the production process, allows for exclusive technical and planning know-how.
Smooth braking and longer durability: Exact tolerances guarantee maximum performance of braking system components.
Better synergy between the friction material and disc: Careful finishing guarantees a turned or ground braking surface as for Original Equipment specifications.
Reduction of vibration risks: A computerized (electronic) balancing system is used during the production process to eliminate possible unbalanced weight distribution of ventilated discs.
High efficiency and greater stopping power.
Pillar Venting allows more even cooling of the rotor which eliminates "hot spots" on the braking surface.

on edit: they are OEM size though. also, not noted about, i believe they are designed to prevent the formation of a gas layer between the rotor and brake pad sometimes found on other setups.

Last edited by Skunk2ner; 11-11-2004 at 12:34 AM.
Old 11-11-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by RiceRocketeer
For street applications, slotted is an okay way to go and will increase stopping power and decreasing stopping distance, right?
No. They increase your stopping distance because there's less area for the pad to grab. Someone on here tested this about a year ago. Slotted rotors took 2 feet longer to stop from 60 than blanks (thats A LOT). You wanna do it, I don't care, no one's stopping you, but they're not of much use.

Originally Posted by ferio
Brembo has their own material composition that will withstand much higher temperatures for prolonged periods of time vs. stock, and Brembo's internal venting system is far better than stock, so they cool more effeciently.

Originally Posted by Skunk2ner
haha, well i'm still running my steelies and hubcaps, i just hose them off when i was the car, they are going to be replaced with rotas soon enough though. i take it you like your brake setup? i'm going to do auto-x so i want the best i can get.
The only thing I can't stand is the dust. Its to the point of rediculous, but for the price, there had to be some fault, if its dust, I can't complain too much, because they bite like crazy hell.

Last edited by Boilermaker1; 11-11-2004 at 10:35 AM.
Old 11-11-2004
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
ya cross drill sucks unless u are tracking and brake hard all the time. Also you will be replacing drilled alot more due to less structural stability. sloted is best for street.
Old 11-11-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion

Originally Posted by diskreet
ya cross drill sucks unless u are tracking and brake hard all the time. Also you will be replacing drilled alot more due to less structural stability. sloted is best for street.
Crossdrilled is the LAST thing you want on a track car. Just stop talking now.
Old 11-11-2004
Premium Member

Mr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to all
looks good...
Old 11-11-2004
Registered!!

Da1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura aboutDa1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura about
if the brake pads have a lot of dust, then does that mean the pads will wear out faster? just wondering.
Old 11-11-2004
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Crossdrilled is the LAST thing you want on a track car. Just stop talking now.
if you disagree then explain. maybe im wrong but dont be a **** sucker about it.
Old 11-11-2004
JDM-Jonathan David Martin- I own everybody

topnotch7gen is on a distinguished road
So for just street you would want slotted and not cross-drilled or what? Just a lttle confused about the whole rotor thing
Old 11-11-2004
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by n20hcvc
So for just street you would want slotted and not cross-drilled or what? Just a lttle confused about the whole rotor thing
for street you would want blank...for show you would want slotted/cross-drilled/slotted & cross-drilled
Old 11-11-2004
Premium Member

CivicHX01 is an unknown quantity at this point
for street you would want blank...for show you would want slotted/cross-drilled/slotted & cross-drilled
yup... slotted/cross drilled should be used all for show... blanks are the way to go if you want better performance...
Old 11-11-2004
Sweetest Dude on 7th Gen

xX03EXx will become famous soon enoughxX03EXx will become famous soon enough
If this is the case, how come a lot of the expensive benzes all have slotted? I would assume they know what works best?
Old 11-11-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xX03EXx
If this is the case, how come a lot of the expensive benzes all have slotted? I would assume they know what works best?
probably mostly for looks...

it is a fact that drilled and slotted rotors increase the stopping distance, they don't have as much contact surface with the brake pad as a blank does. the idea behind slotted rotors is that they will cool better at the expense of stopping distance. most road-race cars (like speed channel world-challenge) use blank rotors and i'm certain they know what they're doing for performance.

on a side note, i was thinking about drilled rotors. being that the holes are drilled to allow the rotor to cool better by having more surface area exposed to cool, wouldn't the rotor heat up faster as well since the mass of the rotor is less too? less metal heats faster.
Old 11-11-2004
Registered!!

AZNRACR is on a distinguished road
I have that same exact setup sitting in my room right now. I tried taking the bolts off by hand and couldn't budge them, so I'm waiting to use my dads airtools next time I visit. I bought my setup from importrp for around $120 shipped also, very good service and super quick shipping.

Quick Reply: ooh, i got a package... (pics)