Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

No More Civic's :)

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eightball will become famous soon enoughEightball will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by slOciVicGrrL
Yep so I got the car I was approved and got the 3.9% APR too..Woot...I pick up on Saturday..I'll take pics for you all.. But I'll still stick around here even though I'm no longer a Civic owner..
girls that like cars rock and girls that drive gtis rock even harder because gtis are faster than sht** and will sure *** hell make them happier than a civic...although i do love my civic... enjoy!
Old 11-10-2004
Registered!!

joe6680 will become famous soon enoughjoe6680 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by dvsdara
Huge mistake as far as what??? They're not that bad. Fun little car to drive. 1.8 with turbo isn't that bad of a mistake if you'd ask me. There's a lot you can do with it still. Only downfall is that their aftermarket stuff is pretty expensive. That's probably the only reason I really didn't get into euro tuning.

Huge mistake as in buying a car that doesnt have the durability or re-sale value of not just a civic but any honda for that matter. I know a lot of people who have VW and start having problems with them in a relatively short period of time. I dunno I prefer quality and durability over performance any day. I'm 90% sure that she is just going to be using this car as a daily driver and if she managed to put 26 some odd thousand miles on a car in one year then shes going to need a car thats durable not quick. Civics still manage to do the speed limit. So her mistake was she bought a car that was fast not durable. When durability would have benefited her more.

Last edited by joe6680; 11-10-2004 at 10:41 AM.
Old 11-10-2004

slOciVicGrrL will become famous soon enoughslOciVicGrrL will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by eightball_469
girls that like cars rock and girls that drive gtis rock even harder because gtis are faster than sht** and will sure *** hell make them happier than a civic...although i do love my civic... enjoy!

Haha thanks..I think? Yeah..I'm only keeping it as a daily driver..If I mod it, it wouldn't be for another year or two probably..And even then I wouldn't plan on much..As for everyone's remark on it being faulty and ****..That's okay..Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And that's fine. I like what I got, it's mine and I'm happy with it..
Old 11-10-2004
Bobaganoosh!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
Haha thanks..I think? Yeah..I'm only keeping it as a daily driver..If I mod it, it wouldn't be for another year or two probably..And even then I wouldn't plan on much..As for everyone's remark on it being faulty and ****..That's okay..Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And that's fine. I like what I got, it's mine and I'm happy with it..
whether it qualifies as a mod I can just see this car being assaulted with a ton of Hello Kitty gear

congrats on the new wheels.
Old 11-10-2004

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
mini cooper... best held value (low depreciation value) for cars other than like rare or incredibly expensive cars
Old 11-10-2004

slOciVicGrrL will become famous soon enoughslOciVicGrrL will become famous soon enough
I can't afford a mini..Lol..let alone another car that's $25-$30k whoever said that..I'm a poor bitch! Haha..But I gotta buy what I can afford..and I liked this and can afford it..and well we'll see what happens..Thanks Mike..I dunno about HK anymore..we'll see
Old 11-10-2004
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
Thanks Mike..I dunno about HK anymore..we'll see
haha...but you already have so much
Old 11-10-2004
lkm

lkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trusted
to the idiots saying about the civic holding value. it was 6th gens. not 7th gen. i got my 03 lx sedan auto with 16k miles @ 10.5k. minor wreck onto the front end but i bought it repaired. 0% financing....
Old 11-10-2004
Registered!!

dchalifoux7 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have 82,000 miles on my civic and I have had it for 3 years... Those drives to Mexico, Oklahoma and Louisiana add up!! I wouldn't get sheeit if I traded in. Nice choice on that car but damn I heard they can be expensive if something breaks. My wife wants one...
Old 11-10-2004

Yeah the Civic's reliability and durability was great and sure I'm taking a little bit of a loss but also getting a better car compared to a Civic..It's hard to compare a GTi to my LX Sedan..But to a Si yeah they might be pretty comparable..But can't afford a new Si either let alone can't even find a used one due to the fact they get stolen so quick. But yeah they are expensive to fix but it's worth it..I still got a decent warranty left..So I'm not too worried about it. I gotta have a friend check out the turbo before I get it on Saturday..
Old 11-10-2004
Go Team Venture!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light
yer tails have been cleaned up and will continue to live out a nice happy life attached to the back of my car.. unless someone rearends me that is..

goodluck with the new ride
Old 11-10-2004
YoUnG N SuXsExFul

guamcivic2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
sweet deal
Old 11-11-2004

Originally Posted by againifall
yer tails have been cleaned up and will continue to live out a nice happy life attached to the back of my car.. unless someone rearends me that is..

goodluck with the new ride

Hehe thanks glad to hear it..Post pics man..Gotta see where the tails went and how they look now!
Old 11-12-2004
Registered!!

rckdrmr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by joe6680
Huge mistake as in buying a car that doesnt have the durability or re-sale value of not just a civic but any honda for that matter. I know a lot of people who have VW and start having problems with them in a relatively short period of time. I dunno I prefer quality and durability over performance any day. Civics still manage to do the speed limit. So her mistake was she bought a car that was fast not durable. When durability would have benefited her more.
Old 11-12-2004
Since 2002 Baby!

chicohonda02 has a spectacular aura aboutchicohonda02 has a spectacular aura about
that will be sweet
Old 11-12-2004

I love it and I like it a lot and that's all that matters.
Old 11-14-2004
Registered!!

joe6680 will become famous soon enoughjoe6680 will become famous soon enough
I love it and I like it a lot and that's all that matters.
You wont like it so much when it starts giving you issues.
Old 11-14-2004
E36 M3 Driver.

jonnyg is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't act like civics don't have issues either, there's a whole damn section dedicated to civic problems, here take a look http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36
Old 11-14-2004
Every predator is someone elses prey!

04RedCiVP is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by gearbox
Civics don't hold much value either. Good choice with the vw, I'm sure you'll like it and the extra speed
I disagree with civics not holding their value....honda/acura have one of the best resale values...
Old 11-14-2004
Registered!!

BlackFire is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by 04RedCiVP
I disagree with civics not holding their value....honda/acura have one of the best resale values...
You are 100% right!

I would not ever buy a car that even consumer report don't recommend to buy. Now... I do know that VW's have some quality problems with their engines (not anything else, they are great in suspension, braking, and they have great interior features, and interior quality is really great), but those cars really look great.

But if you do like that one, go and buy it!! it looks really good!!

Good Luck!! ;-)
Old 11-14-2004
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
lol have fun
Old 11-14-2004
Bobaganoosh!

She got the car she felt was best. Of course everyone is entitled to an opinion...just as long as nobody is knockin her out for it.

Katie: C'mon over and race me now while you can Next year will be different.
Old 11-15-2004

Haha yeah..I will race you when I get the time to come back to Ottawa, don't worry it's on. I got torque now unlike the Civic's who have none. I just think I got a way better car than a Civic compared to what I have with the GTi..given yeah I'm paying more but I also have a hell of a lot more of a car. Yes everyone is entitled to their opinion and I have spoken mine. Civic's are great cars and are definitely great for the money but want to spend a little more so I did and bought the GTi
Old 11-16-2004
Registered!!

BlackFire is an unknown quantity at this point
Have fun and enjoy!!

too bad.... one girl less for 7thGenCivic... frustrating!
Old 11-17-2004

Haha, I'll still be sticking around just no more Civic had to be quicker And too much money to put into a Civic to be quicker..Few hundred bucks and I'm set
Old 11-17-2004
I can resist everything except temptation.

ffokuf is a jewel in the roughffokuf is a jewel in the roughffokuf is a jewel in the rough
Congrats on the new car! I love those cars! A few of my friends have VW's, but for the love of the car the few problems that come with them are not to bad. They have all been easy and CHEAP to fix, and nothing major on any of my friends cars has gone out. So its all good. Enjoy! Lets see some pics? I'm keeping my 03 vic till I can move up to something closer to the $30k range....a Legacy GT Limited to be exact, hopefully around christmas time...all depending on me getting my new job !
Old 11-17-2004
Bobaganoosh!

Haha, I'll still be sticking around just no more Civic had to be quicker And too much money to put into a Civic to be quicker..Few hundred bucks and I'm set

Correction katie....too much money into your 7thgen Civic to get quicker.
Old 11-17-2004

Oh bah any Civic it doesn't matter it's too much to modify it..To what I wanted it to be on the Civic it only takes maybe a few grand if that for the VW whereas the Civic was looking close to probably about 8k-10k lolz..Too much..So it's ok..I can't wait to start working on my Vdub!
Old 11-17-2004
Registered!!

K20A_Wanabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh yeah most definitely..But hey it's a car it's meant to be driven! But if I had the right amount they said they'd only give me maybe 11k for it becuz it's a Civic and they don't hold value whatsoever..
Are you kiding me Civics are known for holding there value. I see used civic's go for 16 gs. You got screwed where you sold your car to and if it was a dealer they buy **** lower.
Old 11-17-2004
Registered!!

K20A_Wanabe is an unknown quantity at this point
You should of waited untill the 2006 golf. There coming with a 2.0L Turbo and i heard with the turbo it's 200 hp and just the 2.0L is 200 hp + Turbo. There having the VVT **** too.

Last edited by K20A_Wanabe; 11-17-2004 at 08:50 PM.

Quick Reply: No More Civic's :)