Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

I'm begining to think...

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2004
One Slow Civic.... But I can take turns pretty well :-)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trusted
I'm begining to think...

I'm begining to think my car is never going to be fast . So maybe I should just go all show? But I don't know. I would rather not be called a ricer
Old 11-06-2004

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
then dont make it ricey keep it clean n sleek lookin
Old 11-06-2004
Registered!!

Revmaster is an unknown quantity at this point
Just how fast for you is fast?
Old 11-06-2004

Blahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trusted
Originally Posted by Revmaster
Just how fast for you is fast?
atleast a 12-13 second 1/4 mile.
Old 11-06-2004
MmmMMm.. I smell boost!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

joski will become famous soon enough
Blaahhhh mannnnnn
Old 11-06-2004
..w0rrrrrrd..

ThaitaniumGK is a jewel in the roughThaitaniumGK is a jewel in the roughThaitaniumGK is a jewel in the roughThaitaniumGK is a jewel in the rough
^^ that can only be accomplished if u are willing to spend money on either a engine swap or turbo or both... $$$.. or u can trade for a faster car...
Old 11-06-2004
Owned By Slo Rex

Day_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questioned
you can go show with out being ricey...
Old 11-06-2004
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah I've got tons of mods and my car is clean. But you're right about engine mods. You won't really make it fast unless you go turbo.
Old 11-06-2004
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
Engine swap or Turbo.
Old 11-06-2004

I'm either thinking all show now.. Or saving for a few years and droppin the cash on a k20. But all I know right now is, I want H.I.D.S! I'm a huge lighting *****! Also, i've been thinking about neon's under the dash, but everyone I bring it up with hates the idea. But for some reason I like it. Although I would never install neon's anywhere outside my car, ever.
Old 11-06-2004
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Just don't fall into the trap of spending money on cheap rice mods like taillights and crap. Save up for the nice things you like--HID is definately good to get and Impulse can hook you up.
Old 11-06-2004
Registered!!

Pnoymugen is an unknown quantity at this point
It's your car, ricey or not, hook up your car the way you want to, not the way people want you to....everyone has a different prespective on what is ricey or not, if you want to make your motor go fast, which is not meant to be dragged on a strip, be prepared to shell out major bucks, this can include increasing displacement, building the bottom end, forced induction, ecu upgrade/tuning, there are a lot of things you can do to your sohc car, just make sure your checking/savings account can handle it ;-) just my .02
Old 11-07-2004
Registered!!

exclusive_vtec will become famous soon enough
turbo that biaaaatch or swap the **** out of it
Old 11-07-2004
Premium Member

Mr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to all
Originally Posted by ncirom2003
then dont make it ricey keep it clean n sleek lookin
yup.
Old 11-07-2004
Desperate Custom Swapper Speed Freak

vtecd17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Neons under the dashboard actually help you to see alittle better in ur car. I used to have blue neons inside of my 02 Celica I used to have. They looked good, and I could see the pedals N stuff easier too.

As far as ur engine. Only way ur gonna go fast wit stock engine is turbo. Turbo is expensive too, if you want to get it done the right way. I am looking at almost 9K for my turbo setup.
Old 11-07-2004
(SnOwBoArDeR | FoReVeR)

Civic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Blahman2
I'm begining to think my car is never going to be fast . So maybe I should just go all show? But I don't know. I would rather not be called a ricer
just drive it stock...save ur money and buy a new-fast car
Old 11-07-2004
Registered!!

Revmaster is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Blahman2
atleast a 12-13 second 1/4 mile.

If that be the case....Turbo Boost is what you need.
Old 11-07-2004
Banned

Basicboltons is an unknown quantity at this point
that goes through my head evey day.. but the second i look at the gas prices.. i forget about it. going from a 17 second car to a 12 second car is a big jump. some would consider 17 to 15 dramatic.. i would go with a k20.. leave it stock for like 6 months and get used to everything.. get better tires and brakes ofcourse.. after 6 months start getting some bolt ons and opeing up some vtec.. then when u have a better feel of the car.. get some suspension tunning.. drive that some more .. by now if im not satisfied.. get nitrous, turbo , or sell the car, swap the motor into a hatch back.. any of those routs will but u easily in the 12s, by buck o five on that.
Old 11-07-2004

youll still need alot more than engine swap and turbo to get it to 12 seconds... unless u swap for the type s motor turbo it buy intake and header back exhaust then buy stronger internals like connecting rods so you can turn up the boost
Old 11-07-2004
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by vtecd17
Neons under the dashboard actually help you to see alittle better in ur car. I used to have blue neons inside of my 02 Celica I used to have. They looked good, and I could see the pedals N stuff easier too.
see the pedals easier? if you need to see the pedals then you shouldnt be driving.
Old 11-07-2004

Originally Posted by HustleLikeM0FO
see the pedals easier? if you need to see the pedals then you shouldnt be driving.
lol!
Old 11-07-2004

owned ^
Old 11-08-2004
Desperate Custom Swapper Speed Freak

vtecd17 is an unknown quantity at this point
::hands over keys::

ok.
Old 11-08-2004
Electric Boogaloo...

PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by vtecd17
As far as ur engine. Only way ur gonna go fast wit stock engine is turbo. Turbo is expensive too, if you want to get it done the right way. I am looking at almost 9K for my turbo setup.
Unless you're getting a stage 4 turbo, the people that are pricing this to you are owning you. What is the "right" way? The way the shop tells you is best, and expensive? Remember, expensive doesn't mean quality, most of the time over priced.