Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Got 2 ?'s for Ya

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004
Powered by Honda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
y.0. KiLLa is an unknown quantity at this point
Got 2 ?'s for Ya

Ight..

1st ?: is $180 dollars too much for a tint job w/lifetime warranty.i seen some shops do it for $99

2nd ?: im gunna get a universal muffler..really dont want a cat since our stock is already smooth..just want a nice sounding car..how much would it cost to weld a muffler one?
Thanks PeoPle.
Old 07-27-2004
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
umm muffler would sound like a umm well a ricey rocket.. code name the grinder can. Get a catback.
also for the tint job too pricey can find better for cheaper around 150
Old 07-27-2004
Powered by Honda

Wink

well sum of them come with silencers..will they still sound good..ne1 know how much it would cost to weld on..i really want rims so i cant be spending to much money on little things..
Old 07-27-2004
Bone Stock!

dalaw is an unknown quantity at this point
About $120 for 5 window tint with lifetime warranty in the SoCal area.
Old 07-27-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
it depends on the shop. probably around $60-$80 to cut off the old one and weld the new one.
Old 07-27-2004
Sometimes, I can see right through myself ...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

taz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud of
I wouldn't bother getting just a muffler. It's gonna cost just as much to get the muffler, hangers, and getting it welded on. I would just save a few bucks and just get the axle back.
Old 07-27-2004
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,171 Likes on 815 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
look around at different shops and stuff... if the muffler and install costs anywhere near 400-500 bucks, i say buy a cat back...

oh, and dont know much about tint prices vs quality.....
Old 07-27-2004
Powered by Honda

yea...i dunno...i wanna get a nice sounding car..but i dunt wanna spend too much money..ne1 know where i can mufflers that are bolt-on n do not require ne welding for a 100?
Old 07-27-2004
Registered!!

streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
if the muffler and install costs anywhere near 400-500 bucks,
Damn any shop that charged $400-$500 to weld a muffler shouldnt be in business. It only costs about $60.
Old 07-27-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by y.0. KiLLa
yea...i dunno...i wanna get a nice sounding car..but i dunt wanna spend too much money..ne1 know where i can mufflers that are bolt-on n do not require ne welding for a 100?
So do you want to maximize power or do you just want something to make your car sound good? if you just get a muffler, you are just going for sound. Get a axle-back or full cat back, it is more worth it. Or if you go with a muffler, get custom piping. I dont know of any mufflers that are just bolt on. Best bet is the axle back, that is the closest.
Old 07-27-2004
Registered!!

nickm748 is an unknown quantity at this point
I say if you want to do it cheap just get the weld on, Iv seen em for like 50$. But you get what you pay for....
Old 07-27-2004
Registered!!

civic2uner is on a distinguished road
get a magnaflow muffler, it got it welded on with 2 1/4 inch pipe ran with no resonator and it sounds nice!
Old 07-27-2004
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
I say probaly around $50 for welding and new hangers.
But then They cut off stock muffler so.. Can't go back.

Cheap and quality doesn't go together.
If you want good and quality sounding exhaust, Save up and get full catback.
Don't cheap out.

I paid $160 for tint while ago. Lifetime warranty.
Old 07-27-2004
Banned

Ramones is an unknown quantity at this point
For the tint job i say 130-150 is a fair price. Lifetime warranty is a real plus.
Old 07-27-2004
Im the man in the box

Ledbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud of
yea guy do you know what a dirt bike sounds like , you get that from a universal muffler .... look into an axle back if you dont want a cat back
Old 07-28-2004
Ricerus Maximus

clownprince will become famous soon enoughclownprince will become famous soon enough
All universal mufflers don't sound bad. I've got a Ractive N1 style on my car and while it's just for looks/sound, it's amazingly deep, not raspy or ricey at all. The key is to leave the premuffler on (where and axelback would bolt up) to keep it quiet enough to be bearable.
Old 07-28-2004