Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Civic for a Jetta?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004
Don't Let Your Future Be Destroyed By My Past...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TRANX is a glorious beacon of lightTRANX is a glorious beacon of lightTRANX is a glorious beacon of lightTRANX is a glorious beacon of lightTRANX is a glorious beacon of lightTRANX is a glorious beacon of light
Question Civic for a Jetta?

Hey guys I want to know what you think on what i just did. I used to own a 2001 civic but i recently traded in for a 2004 jetta GLI. I had a body kit for my civic and i even payed a guy for a paint job but it didnt get any of these. I went to a VW dealership on a friday 'cuz my brother wanted to see the new R32. When we got there i saw the jetta. the color caught me, so i went to see it. while i was lookin; at it, a seles mas came to mee with the keys and took me for a test drive, and the next think you know i was in the office signing the papers for the trade. I really like this car but i want to know what you think. Was it worht it? Please tell me wut you think. Thanks.

TrAnX...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	My Ride.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	30044  

Last edited by TRANX; 05-27-2004 at 07:36 PM.
Old 05-27-2004
/////ALPINE

thom has a spectacular aura aboutthom has a spectacular aura about
jetta...
i like the tgi? golf
Old 05-27-2004

TRANX is a glorious beacon of lightTRANX is a glorious beacon of lightTRANX is a glorious beacon of lightTRANX is a glorious beacon of lightTRANX is a glorious beacon of lightTRANX is a glorious beacon of light
well this is like the gti "Jetta" it has all kind of goodies.......i added a pic of it...
Old 05-27-2004
Registered!!

NoBottleJustThrottle is an unknown quantity at this point
I did the same thing, only my Civic was taken away from me by a drunk driver. I went with a 00 Jetta GLX VR6. Liked it for what it was for about a month. After that, I hated it. Too many little problems, such as the rattles. You will know exactly what Im talking about, just give it time. The VR6 motor is fun for the torque, but the car just does not have the fun factor that my honda did. Maybe I was spoiled cause I had the K20A2 swap, but the car seems boring to me now. Ive been trying to sell my Jetta for about 3 months now.
Old 05-27-2004
I sure wish my car was newer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
18" BBS Rims... Recaro Seats... 200hp... V6... 6-speed.... can't go wrong. My dad has a 2003 GLI and he's pissed at himself for not waiting a year to get this one. His old ride was a Lincoln Towncar though. lol. Maybe it was a bit of a mid-life crisis.
Old 05-27-2004
Registered!!

lewal has a spectacular aura aboutlewal has a spectacular aura aboutlewal has a spectacular aura about
Car buying advocates say never buy the car the first visit....

I like VW, but I find Jettas a bit girl-ish
Old 05-27-2004
Balut Eating Champ

pnoyster2k1cvic is on a distinguished road
^^^word!
Old 05-27-2004
Registered!!

loriant is an unknown quantity at this point
all of the above are wrong.. the new gli version of the jetta is a 1.8t, body kit rims, some other stuff. I've had my gti for 11 months now, 5 months into it i got rattles, suspension pinging and whatever else. The car is slightly fun, the stock tranny is weak, and I don't know... I'm selling it to get a 7th gen.... to save money (payment wise)
Old 05-27-2004
Registered!!

StealthCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
I think jetta's are girls cars too man. Sorry bro... I would never trade my civic.
Trade it back in for a civic man!
Old 05-27-2004
Registered!!

CPEasy02 is an unknown quantity at this point
hey now i drive a jetta and i love mine...i think it is worth it but that is just my opinion
Old 05-27-2004
Registered!!

NorrinRadd is an unknown quantity at this point
Hmmm, I'm not sure on this, but from my experience with the 2000 and 2001 Jetta's, several friends and family members all had problems with them almost all the time. Just check their reliability just to make sure, might even be worse than our 7G's, but hopefully this new Jetta year is better reliability-wise. The 1.8t GLI is really nice though...
Old 05-27-2004
Euro-Spec

tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
I was gonna buy a 98 Jetta the same day I got my vic, but the dealer kept telling me those were chick cars, and I should get a civic. Figures, since it was a few grand more.
Old 05-28-2004
Registered!!

mogwai will become famous soon enough
Man, sweet ride. The only thing I don't like about the new Jettas is the chrome molding they put all around the car, other than that, it's cool. I thought about getting one, but decided to wait and see what the new MK5 GTI's look like in person.

Just some info for everyone: This GLI is supposed to be like the GTI 337 (hence the chrome BBS RC's), only in the Jetta version. It's pretty much the same specs: 1.8T 180hp, 6 speed, Recaros seats, etc...

Last edited by mogwai; 05-28-2004 at 01:15 AM.
Old 05-28-2004
Registered!!

Aggieben2004 is an unknown quantity at this point
i had an '01 jetta and hated it so i sold it and got my civic
Old 05-28-2004
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
whatever sinks your boat
Old 05-28-2004
Registered!!

UltimateStock is on a distinguished road
haha, i wanna get a 1.8t gti sooo bad. thats what i was gonna get instead of my civic. but the price tag was near double plus double on insurance payments. i still plan to get a gti or a4 1.8t when my lease is up on the civic. until then.....i will continue to bump the shizz out of my system and rattle my damn trunk that is covered in dynamatt. word.
Old 05-28-2004
98% of people will die in their lifetime

EnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questioned
Originally Posted by TrAnX
Hey guys I want to know what you think on what i just did. I used to own a 2001 civic but i recently traded in for a 2004 jetta GLI. I had a body kit for my civic and i even payed a guy for a paint job but it didnt get any of these. I went to a VW dealership on a friday 'cuz my brother wanted to see the new R32. When we got there i saw the jetta. the color caught me, so i went to see it. while i was lookin; at it, a seles mas came to mee with the keys and took me for a test drive, and the next think you know i was in the office signing the papers for the trade. I really like this car but i want to know what you think. Was it worht it? Please tell me wut you think. Thanks.

TrAnX...
OMG you got to be kidding me!? you just got had dude. you went up to a dealership, liked the pretty color, test drove it for probably less than 15 minutes and bought it!? did you bend over for the salesman too? you didnt even do any kind of research about the car first? this is just proof that there really is a sucker born every minute....
Old 05-28-2004
Registered!!

NaHoOnEyYa is an unknown quantity at this point
GLI's are sick...i think it has VR6 w.6spd...right?
Old 12-15-2004
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by EnProceso
OMG you got to be kidding me!? you just got had dude. you went up to a dealership, liked the pretty color, test drove it for probably less than 15 minutes and bought it!? did you bend over for the salesman too? you didnt even do any kind of research about the car first? this is just proof that there really is a sucker born every minute....
For real, always sleep on it. Or ask them to lend you the car overnight and youll leave yours if they lock it up. My dad borrowed Escalades overnight when he was considering it (he bought one too). Sometimes they will lend it to ya if you are really considering buying it. Didnt you even have a little doubt in your mind about make such a large commitment so fast??

edit - My bad, really old. Guess was time for a revival!
Old 12-15-2004
Registered!!

Importracer will become famous soon enoughImportracer will become famous soon enough
my cousin has your car except its in the silver type color that it comes in and its badd ***! No rattles or anything and shes a crazy *** driver. Tight car i'd trade the civic for that anyday. Plus they are SOOO Quiet on the inside, no wind noise at all!
Old 12-15-2004
Registered!!

dre2600 is an unknown quantity at this point
I used to have a '97 Golf, thing was trouble from day one, so I traded it in for my Civic (which I'll soon be getting rid of in favour of a Mazda3). VW had a bunch of quality control issues, they're getting a -bit- better w. that.

I would have waited personally for the new generation of VWs to come out, the ones w. direct injection engines. I was looking at pics of them yesterday, man they're looking good.
Old 12-15-2004
Registered!!

mxcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
personally i dont like jettas ...
Old 12-16-2004
Registered!!

slappyhoohah will become famous soon enough
I got rid of my civic for a GLI too and couldnt be happier.
good choice!!
Old 12-16-2004
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by slappyhoohah
good choice!!
then you update the avatar and sig.
Old 12-16-2004
www.8thgencivics.com

nikoscivicex is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow old thread!
Old 12-16-2004
I sure wish my car was newer

white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
No ****. It's december now. The thread was active in may. Let it die.
Old 12-16-2004
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
awesome trade!! i think the civic is a girlie gar. the jetta is much cleaner and more refined i think, at least on the inside it is.
Old 12-16-2004

Originally Posted by slappyhoohah
good choice!!
do you have any pics of it?
and as far as today i havent had any problems with the car....it has 11400 miles and still running good...
Old 12-16-2004
Registered!!

cdmx will become famous soon enoughcdmx will become famous soon enough
I thought you were asking a question

I would have told you HELL NO

unless its a R32
Old 12-16-2004
Registered!!

wrussi is an unknown quantity at this point
it looks nice hope it doesnt give you that much problems a couple of years from now

Quick Reply: Civic for a Jetta?