Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Venom 400 Came Today!! *PICS*

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Project2k2 is on a distinguished road
Cool Venom 400 Came Today!! *PICS*

Well I got my venom 400 controle module today from one of the members here. I installed it today but will have pics tommarow. It pulls so hard now. The little red LED comes on, except I broke it when putting it through the firewall . Anyways ALL in ALL this is a great buy.

More pics tommarow.

-Derek
Old 12-15-2003
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Cake!

what is it? nitrous? i dono nethin bout engine mods/tech stuff
Old 12-15-2003
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
GAIN UP TO 25% MORE HORSEPOWER AND TORQUE FROM YOUR VEHICLE THROUGHOUT THE MIDRANGE!!! The VENOM 400 Performance control Module is an add-on control unit that features its own micro-controller. This module is connected to the vehicle’s sensors and increases engine performance by monitoring the sensors output characteristics and modifying the input to vehicle’s existing computer. The Venom 400 activates at about 25-30% throttle angle. Upon activation it modifies the input signals going into your computer, in particular the Manifold Absolute Pressure and Throttle Position Sensor Signals. When the computer sees these “modified” signals it will provide a different set of fuel and ignition maps than it would normally provide. The Venom 400 makes the computer use maps that are more aggressive and provide better engine performance. Installation is easy and an be completed in 30 minutes in most cases.

Does it really make that big of a difference?
Old 12-15-2003
Premium Member

It does, hoenstly. I was kind of questioning it for a second but when u drive 0-40 without it then 0-40 with it OMG can u tell the difference. Lemme go outside and see if I can get any pics.
Old 12-15-2003
Premium Member

Mr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to all
how much does that thing cost?
Old 12-15-2003
Premium Member

Well from most places online it goes for around 300-400 but I got it from a member here for 150 shipped.
Old 12-15-2003

gotti will become famous soon enoughgotti will become famous soon enough
hot.
Old 12-15-2003
Boosted Auto

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
deciuss is an unknown quantity at this point
sweet hope you are having fun with it
Old 12-15-2003
2k1civic.com O. G.

AzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enoughAzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enough
maybe it elimiates taht econo aspect of the civic. so the car munches more gas all the time, thus making more power?
Old 12-15-2003
Premium Member

1 more mile per gallon. here is all the info from a site.

VENOM 400™ Performance Control Module
The VENOM 400™ Performance Control Module is an add-on control unit that features its own micro-controller. This module is connected to the vehicle's sensors and increase engine performance by monitoring the sensors output characteristics and modifying the input to the existing vehicles computer.

VENOM 400™ Advantages
The VENOM 400™ improves horsepower by as much as 25% through the range of approximately 1,000 to 5,000 RPM. The VENOM 400™ is OBD II compatible. Besides a substantial increase of torque, the VENOM 400™ reduces flat spots or delay time during sudden acceleration.

The VENOM 400™ incorporates an 8-bit micro-controller that is capable of monitoring the various sensor inputs and modifying their output at more than 40 times per second.

If you have already installed a performance prom, the VENOM 400™ will enhance the vehicle's performance beyond the parameters set by the performance prom.

The VENOM 400™ is only active when peak performance is required. During normal driving, the VENOM 400™ remains passive until the microcomputer determines that engine airflow and throttle position warrants increased performance. Normal fuel economy prevails while under normal load.

The VENOM 400™ enhances the performance gains achieved by installing an upgraded chip. Whatever the gains are as specified within the chip, they will be magnified through the use of the VENOM 400™.

The VENOM 400™ has an off switch so smog certification is achieved when not racing.

The VENOM 400™ will not trigger the emission safeguards of today's vehicles.

Easy installation in 20-30 minutes with basic hand tools requiring only four electrical connections.

Red cockpit LED indicating VENOM 400™ activation.

Up to 25% more increase in horsepower throughout the power range of 1,000 to 5,000 RPM (where the vehicles red line is 6,000 RPM).

The flat spot or delay found with automatic transmission downshifts, which can be as much as three seconds, is eliminated (when equipped with auto instead of manual).
Old 12-15-2003
Banned

i really dont see how something like that can make the car have 25% more hp...
Old 12-15-2003
Registered!!

024drlx is an unknown quantity at this point
i was about to get it too. now that you have it i wonder if it will work together with my vcn1000 kit.
Old 12-15-2003
Registered!!

NaHoOnEyYa is an unknown quantity at this point
25% increase?
Old 12-18-2003
Registered!!

Elite is an unknown quantity at this point
yes its been said 1000 times already
Old 12-18-2003
Fuzzy Boy

FuzzBeC00L is an unknown quantity at this point
25% increase just had to write it for 1001 Hey put sum pics up man of it in ur car too later merry xmas everyone
Old 12-18-2003
Banned

pics man.. pics.. & info
Old 12-18-2003
AR
e-married to daydreamer

AR will become famous soon enough
Yeah I want to know more too.

With all that advertising ****, I still have not a fuucking clue about what it does.
Old 12-22-2003
Registered!!

xstrghstx2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yah same here i am wanting to more about the Venom 400 i will be getting it and i heard it gets rid of the Automatic lag when you step on the gas really hard.. I am just kind of skeptical about the 25% hp gain and it not blowing your engine...
Old 01-13-2004
Registered!!

xgodxicex is an unknown quantity at this point
is this a direct connection through some kind of harness or do you need to splice wires like the vafc's? i read what some people said on the site through the search button, and they mentioned something about MAP and TPS, and i dunno what either are lol, so anymore information would help me out, thanks
Old 01-13-2004
Premium Member

It's 2 splices. A splice into your fuel map sensor, and a splice into your throttle body (sensor) in other words it's to know what % to activate.

Basically when you push down the gas 40% or more, it activates and I am sure does nothing more then put a little bit more fuel into your car. It's great though because fuel is what's needed for more HP most of the time.

You can drive under regular conditions, or you can drive it hard, like I do. Check the link down the page to my kamikaze header pics. I have a pic of the venom in it.
Old 01-13-2004
Registered!!

see i want to install a vafc or the venom, but i dont trust myself with the splicing .... because what if i screw up the wires ..... and then having a shop to do it would be key, but what if i ever want to get rid of them, then im gunna be chillin there with spliced wires....
Old 01-13-2004
Premium Member

easily reconnected, and a wire extension isn't that hard, just find someone who knows their stuff.
Old 01-13-2004
Registered!!

cool, thanks for your help
Old 01-14-2004
AR
e-married to daydreamer

AR will become famous soon enough
I have done a little research since my last post and I heard they'll **** up something on your ride... like the ecu. Not sure, but do a search and you'll find alot of folks downplaying this mod completely!
Old 01-14-2004
Registered!!

BoYrAcEr is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't know but I heard that Venom 400 susks and dosent really do anything for your ride
Old 01-14-2004
Premium Member

YEs yes yes, go to the other products and parts forum and see al the stuff. Then ask them how many people have it on their car. The 3 people that do, like it.

How would it mess up your computer? And it does do something for your ride, power. With more gas being dumped in at a higher throttle body % how would it do nothing?
Old 01-14-2004
Premium Member

Oh and the first time my car runs bad or falls apart, you would be the first to know........the one guy who bombed out on venom 400 on one of the threads doesn't even have it, he has a JET chip.
Old 01-15-2004
Registered!!

Eeeeeeh is an unknown quantity at this point
I was going to get the AEM pulleys next, but I'll think I'll go with the Venom 400. So it only improves power from 1,000-5,000rpm? Or does did it also help you out on your top end? Because that is what I think our cars need. And it makes a pretty big diffrence?
Old 01-15-2004
Hail to the king baby

kjgracing will become famous soon enoughkjgracing will become famous soon enough
doesn't it just advance the timing a few degres like
the JET V-Force?
Old 01-17-2004
Registered!!

fastcivic03 should not be trusted
question can you use this wit your throttle cable being adjusted for maximum gains? and does this void warranty?

Quick Reply: Venom 400 Came Today!! *PICS*