Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

CDMX's car/accident.(UPDATED FIXED PICS)

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2003
2003 Nissan Frontier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cryption should not be trusted
^^^ sounds good $$
Old 10-05-2003
A descendant of 2k1civic.com

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
pheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of light
Probably totaled. It'll be best if it was totaled, because it will never bee the same, even if it's fixed. So. .. . I think it would be best if they totaled it and you got something new, before they haul it away strip it and sell what you can from the car. Seriously if you can go as far as pulling the engine do it, because that's just more money you can get.
Old 10-05-2003
Don't Hate. Just Envy.

DaZeD is an unknown quantity at this point
get the mini
Old 10-05-2003
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
^^ Thats actually a sweet car!
Old 10-05-2003
Registered!!

murd0c is an unknown quantity at this point
You can tell its not totaled just some front end damage I would bet money u will get it fixed
Old 10-05-2003
Lax Playa

NCStyle is an unknown quantity at this point
that looks rough man... couldn't tell you if that's totalled or not... but you already know what i think, rsxs it..... thing is a hoss! haha and i already told u this, i got dibs on EVERYTHING! good luck man... get ready to paint my heads
Old 10-05-2003
Registered!!

MatrixShark is an unknown quantity at this point
It looks like at the minimum you will need a Hood, Fender, Bumper Cover, Headlight, Misc. Mounting Hardware, and some frame rebuilding. Then of course an entire nose paint job, but it's possible to talk them into the whole car being repainted. It should easily be around six grand for the whole job. I doubt they will total it out. Now use this to your advantage.

Once you have a check for $6K you can shop around. Find the best deal on used parts. I'll bet half the members here have a closet full of stuff (ex. I have stock headlights I pulled when my car had only 200 miles on it). Find aftermarket replacements, Carbon fiber hood etc. Call in favors and use hookups. You could probably put that car back together for two grand if you do it right.

Now, take your extra hard earned cash and pay off your loan, buy a turbo, do a motor swap, or use the money as a down payment on a new car (RSX ).

I've been in this situation a few times. Once, I had some damage to my old GSR. After everything was fixed, I took the left over money and bought new 17inch rims and tires.

If you play you cards right... Hitting that deer could be like winning big on a scratch ticket!!
Old 10-05-2003
Registered!!

showoner is an unknown quantity at this point
dude i know exactly what you feel like. dawg, theyll total it! if they ( insurance ) total your ride,then before the tow haules your ride, get some salvagable items,something people might bye i ****ed up b/c i just made **** worse by busting out the headlight that was still in one piece( not the crashed side). i was furious b/c i wasnt the one who totalled my brand ****in spankin new ( well not really , just a lil less than 10,000 miles) civic. my chick dropped me off at work, when she was going to the galleria (in houston) , some nissan clipped her trying to race her and pushed the vic into a 360 spin, and went leaning to the rigth into the frwy barrier. dude i swear i looked just like yours does in that pic.hey i feel for you but then again look at it this way. you now can maybe shop for a new car. i was lucky to have got that gap insurance, my insurance co.( farmers ins. co. ) paid only 13,000 ( ****in *******s) and bullshitted their way from paying it all off. hey either way, 2 days later im riding in a brand new 03 with the new gauge cluster and new console. pretty cool , i also got it in black , my old one was titanium metallic, ( goldish silver) hey good luck bro , i hope everything worx out for you, lataz ------------> hey by the way , did you kill that deer, hey, i mean come on , you know that deer had it coming>>>>>LOL>>>LOL>>> sorry bro. i just had to... lataz!!
Old 10-05-2003
Registered!!

silverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of light
If I were to guess at damage, without seeing the car first hand, I'd venture to guess about $7500 worth of damage. You will probably get that much from the ins. co. Like MatrixShark said, buy used parts and rebuild it. Then you can trade it in and used the left over money as a down payment.
Old 10-05-2003
Post Whore General

Jodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the rough
Thats not that bad man. Your ride will be fine after it is fixed.
Old 10-05-2003
Registered!!

SOHCScreamer is an unknown quantity at this point
coop
Old 10-05-2003
Prowlin' with a Purpose

WannaBFast will become famous soon enoughWannaBFast will become famous soon enough
well.. if they decide to total it.. u should switch back to the steelies so u can sell the rims elsewhere
Old 10-05-2003
Registered!!

Drnknmnky13 is an unknown quantity at this point
The only possible flaw in Matrix sharks plan is with how your insurance company decides to pay. When I had my accident They didn't send me a check. They sent the check to the shop that did the work. I did choose the shop (no way am I letting the insurance co's shop do the work...they'll cheap out on everything) Your insurance co could be different. Either way good luck. I would pray for a totaling simply for resale issues. No way your getting a clean carfax report on that thing now.
Old 10-05-2003
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
if your car is totaled. go with wrx or mini . mini is awesome autox track car.
Old 10-05-2003
FIJI-STEVE IS THE OFFICIAL 7THGEN QUEER

Civicster should not be trusted
tsx is nice
Old 10-05-2003
Registered!!

cdmx will become famous soon enoughcdmx will become famous soon enough
Thanks for all the comments. Well i can take the car to the body shop of my choice. I will take it to a friends body shop so he can hook me up either raising the cost or allowing me to get used or aftermarket parts. I HOPE
and im sorry i have no steelies...the only things i can take off would be the spark plugs, air intake, gold line springs, strut bars, and stuff that i have and can take off. Rims would have to stay. if its totalled
Old 10-06-2003
Registered!!

Da1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura aboutDa1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura about
i got an idea... if you decided to fix it up with the check they cut you for the damages, do a RSX front end conversion on it!!!
well that is assuming you like the conversion
Old 10-06-2003
Registered!!

Connie is a jewel in the roughConnie is a jewel in the roughConnie is a jewel in the rough
I hit a deer going 63 MPH in the country in my old Mustang...it broke one headlight and bent the new hood. $300 later it was good as new. Sorry about your bad news though. Honda's sure don't hold up like the older (well made) mustangs.....
Old 10-06-2003
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
I seriously doubt that they would total that. It looks fairly minor compared to the pirce that it would cost to pay off the whole car.
Old 10-06-2003
Registered!!

Soon2BeGrlRacer will become famous soon enough
tsx

poor deer, poor car
Old 10-06-2003
Registered!!

no frame damage....estimated 5k in damage from my adjuster
Old 10-06-2003
Registered!!

Shop is allowing me to buy aftermarket bumpers, hood, and fenders.

How many of you say i Shouldn't get fiberglass fenders. I hate Z3 fenders so its my only option other than stock.
Old 10-06-2003
Registered!!

Do you guys like these, i definetly hate the inserts..but this are ok...
Old 10-06-2003
Giggity Giggity

Dakker is an unknown quantity at this point
honestly, I like the Z3 fenders on cars that have at the very least a kit/rims/hood. They can't be put on just by themselves or they just look too out of place IMO. Other than that they look good, just make sure you buy reputable ones, I have seen some that people have bought online that look like the slats were cut with a box cutter or something.
Old 10-06-2003
Registered!!

XxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really nice
THAT SUCKS DUDE!!!

my very first accident involved a deer. I was hit by the deer though, not the other way around. It was around 12-1 in the morning, and I just wanted to drop my friend off and get home. On our merry way, we heard a thump that shook my car. I pretended to play it off, thinking it was a garbage can or something. But my friend got me to stop and check out what happened. This was already half a mile from where we heard the hit.

Went went back and discovered all the neighbors up and the cops already there. A female came out from the bushes and tboned me. Whenever I tell the story, everyone always assumes that I just drove straight into the deer. Even the cops in the station when I was reporting insinuated it that way. I would have to have been drifting in order for the deer to have cause damage only on my passenger door/fender like that. Like it was my fault. I would never do anything to hurt my car like that.

Man, slamming into a deer is like hitting a brick wall. Try to get pieces off your car before they claim it. This way you can still make some money. Insurance was a pain in the *** for me. They would only blame it on me because the other party in the accident was non-intelligent. good luck bro

Last edited by XxSoVeReiGNxX; 10-06-2003 at 02:41 PM.
Old 10-06-2003
Registered!!

WicKeD1 is an unknown quantity at this point
dude that dear musta been HUGE for your car to bend and dent that damn bad. if i were you, i'd somehow figure out a way to get the car fixed because it is pretty damn nice....
Old 10-06-2003
All show!!!

EviLMyStS is an unknown quantity at this point
Did the deer got up look at you and walk away ?
Old 10-06-2003
Registered!!

everyone that saw in in the dayllight ( i work at a supermarket and ppl said they saw the deer on the side of the road) said it was a big buck. antlers were big they say...i never saw it in the daylight..
Old 10-06-2003
Registered!!

Im workin my magic and if saved myself about 200 bucks for a hood and fenders.

anything i save is going in my pocket or to an aftermarket part
Old 10-06-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by EviLMyStS
Did the deer got up look at you and walk away ?
yes it did, it tried to get up several times...it got scared when we came over with the flashlight. Its tongue was sticking out at first, and moaning....poor thing

Quick Reply: CDMX's car/accident.(UPDATED FIXED PICS)