Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Everyone With A Body Kit Installed Please Respond Here!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2003
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Everyone With A Body Kit Installed Please Respond Here!!!

I am still confused with the price of getting a body kit installed. I live here in houston and Racing evolution told me $185, but them spoliersetc.net which is here in houston said there local body shop does it for $400-$500, but didn't specify if that included paint and install. what I am thinking about is getting a bodykit from spoileretc.net for about $625 and not painting it but just getting it installed, how much would the install usually be. And is the install just usually drilling the holes and bolting it on? Anyone with a body kit please tell me how much you paid for everything, and if you live in houston, where you went to get it installed, thanks
Old 08-13-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slicksivik will become famous soon enoughslicksivik will become famous soon enough
its easy to get installed, if its a lip skirt or sides and a bumper, cuz the front bumper u just take off and replace, the side skirts u bolt on the side in the tire wells and then u put 3m double sided tape underneath. then the rear u just bolt into the tire well and 3m again and ur done.
Old 08-13-2003
Reppin Stage 7

XTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enoughXTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enough
Yea what kit did you get??
Old 08-13-2003
Registered!!

streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
I am thinking about getting the octane front bumper and the bc style rear bumper and the octane side skirts from spoilersetc.net there shop is here in houston. what do you mean by the 3m tape? and dont the body kits come un-drilled?
Old 08-13-2003
The Standard One

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
i installed my kit myself. it isnt too hard. depending on the kit it varies.. i heard 100 for a urethene and 200 for fiberglass. this is without paint.
Old 08-13-2003
LEVA

KeNsHiN is an unknown quantity at this point
OEM kit is the easiest kit to install!
Old 08-13-2003
Registered!!

RSDCivic will become famous soon enough
I got my kit painted and installed for 900 bux when I lived in MD... so that 185 might have been only for paint... install is gonna run ya alot more if you get a shop to do it
Old 08-14-2003
Registered!!

The racing shop doesnt do paint jobs, it is a little racing shop that sells racing stuff and does installs. so I am still stumped.
Old 08-14-2003
Type Skivic

TeRRoRiFiC35 is an unknown quantity at this point
cost me $400 for each, but then again they place I took it to made major errors when having to bolt on other parts that they unbolted. also my read doesnt fit perfectly, next year im either getting a new kit or getting the kit molded into my fenders so it doesnt look so bad.
Old 08-14-2003
Registered!!

2k2civicRAY is an unknown quantity at this point
it cost me 450 to get my kit and grill painted and installed. If you can grab a kit for around 700 shipped thats probably the cheapest you're gonna find. At least for the kaminari thats for sure. You might have better luck in the for sale forum here. People are always sellin their kits for some reason.
Old 08-14-2003
Registered!!

I am willing to pay around 400 to get it installed but I dont want a messed up looking bodykit on my car when it is done, why is this **** so expensive
Old 08-14-2003
Registered!!

2k2civicRAY is an unknown quantity at this point
Just is thats about all i can tell ya. All together mine was 1150 when you add the price of the kit in with the painting of it. Not cheap, but I think its worth it for the look of my car. BTW is your car lowered? Depending in the kit you could be hella low. I'm 4 inches off the ground. There are people on here that are lower, but down in the south 4 inches off the ground doesnt get you many places. It just sucks if i go to pick up a girl and i can't even make it in her driveway.
Old 08-14-2003
The Dude

smoke4 is an unknown quantity at this point
i put my OEM sides on myself. i bought them painted from greg at hondawerx. i bought my OEM rear lip and kaminari front lip from another member; the rear was already painted. the shop put on my front and rear lip (it was already in there due to a little accident) they didn't charge that much do to it, probably around 300 to prime and paint the kaminari and install both front and rear lips.

don't know if any of this helps, but i've already typed it so....

good luck and post pics when you're done!

Last edited by smoke4; 08-14-2003 at 09:54 AM.
Old 08-14-2003
Registered!!

NKMarin2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
My recommendation would be to install it yourself it he body kit you are getting is made out of urethane. Urethane tends to come perfectly ready to fit on your vehicle, but fiberglass usually needs some modifications in order to have it fit right, which then would mean you need a body shop to do it for you. As for the prices they are telling you, they seem a bit outrageous to me... so if you want, I think give it a shot yourself... see if it is a direct fit, if it is... then you should do it on your own.. If not, keep looking for a better price. Usually a shop that paints it for you, doesn't charge for putting it on. Well, at least that is how it was here for me in Miami, FL.

-NiKi
Old 08-15-2003
Banned

PeN8503 is an unknown quantity at this point
if ur gonna get octane fronts and sides, dont get bc rear, the buddy club front and rear hang lower than the octane kit so after u install ur rear is gonna look lower than ur front. and then if u drop it then u;ll be f-ed, i got a buddy club on mine and it isnt dropped but still hangs like 3-4 inches off the ground. cost me 500 to install/paint
Old 08-15-2003
Registered!!

my car isnt lowered, i just want a nice body kit.
Old 08-16-2003
Registered!!

TommyC225 is an unknown quantity at this point
if u are nOT talking about painting and juts installing it u should just do it Urself!!! very easy and takes like 20 min for the whole body kit!!!
Old 08-16-2003
Registered!!

keffin will become famous soon enoughkeffin will become famous soon enough
spoileretc.net...???

WTF???

they just sell candy, and wedding gifts there?
Old 08-16-2003
Banned

20mins for the whole kit? come on now. taking the kit off alone takes about 20mins, then if its fiberglass you'll have more complications installing, then if ur back doest align with ur exhaust you'll have to adjust it or it'll dig in to ur kit if its too high. when installin a kit dont expect it to be a stroll in the park. expect the worse cuz anythin and everythin will go wrong. the one thing you dont think of will probably go wrong. then theirs the possibility that their will be gaps between your kit and the car etc....
Old 08-16-2003
Banned

taking your stock bumpers off alone takes about 20mins* my bad for the typo above.
Old 08-16-2003
Registered!!

keffin will become famous soon enoughkeffin will become famous soon enough
"taking your stock bumpers off alone takes about 20mins* my bad for the typo above"

bro i take my stock bumber off in 5 minutes!

once yuo know how to do it..its the easiest thing in the world!
Old 08-16-2003
Registered!!

yes it is easy to take the bumpers off, but I dont want to mess anything up if i try to install it myself, and to be honest I wouldnt know what the hell I would be doing. All of this talk makes wanting to get a bodykit a pain in the *** but I still want to know prices and stuff thanks everyone.
Old 08-16-2003
Reppin Stage 7

XTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enoughXTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enough
The prices are going to be different everywhere....Just get your self a lip kit and install it your self..Its much easier.
Old 08-17-2003
Registered!!

owens76 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the octane r34 kit and it cost $495 shipped, then it cost another $1000 to have it installed and painted. If you get a fiberglass kit you might need to have some shaving for it to fit right.
Old 08-17-2003
Registered!!

TommyC225 is an unknown quantity at this point
Man i wish u lived in NYC i could do it for u for free --- yes it is a walk in the park install!!! U said u are getting octane front and rear they are direct bolt on replacements that should take you like 15 min and the sides are just stuck on by 3m tape and a screw on each end!!! A bum could figure it out --- u definitly could!!!
Old 08-17-2003
Registered!!

You say it takes 15 min or so, but doesnt a body kit come undrilled which means the holes need to be drilled. I think you mean after all of that is done it should take 15 min to install, i know how to take off the front and rear bumper, but doesnt the kit require prep.
Old 08-17-2003
Banned

make sure that when u get it painted that the guy takes it off then paints it, dont let him tape up ur car and paint it while its on the car.
Old 08-17-2003
Registered!!

TOOLOWCIVIC is an unknown quantity at this point
The best place I would recommed in Houston is JC Autobody. He does good very good work. Most people go their but hes not cheap but not very expensive either. He will put it on and paint it. Very good at that. The last time I went to Racing Evolution they had some guys in the back that did they paint but I dont know if they still are there or not. This was last year. Remember u get what u pay for so either go to JC Autobody or another good place is Mateus Motor Collision. They are very good at painting and can put ur kit on. I've seen both JCs and Mateus work and they are excellent. Heres the # to JC 713-723-6166
Heres the # to Mateus 281-227-3210
Old 08-18-2003
Registered!!

Thanks for the references on both those places I will call them
Old 08-18-2003
Registered!!

Ok so I called JC autobody and they told me that it would be $700 painted and installed. For some reason I think that is too much money, but I guess I dont know the whole process involved in installing a bodykit. If I went ahead and do this I would end up paying about $1300 total. I also think that if I saved $1500 more I could buy a turbo kit and that would be 10x bettter, what do you all think.

Quick Reply: Everyone With A Body Kit Installed Please Respond Here!!!