Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

if i were to............

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ren808 is on a distinguished road
Question if i were to............

if i were to drop a k20ar in my 01 civic sedan how much could i sell my car for
hmmmmm$$$$$$$$$$..........anyone got a clue need to know

next in line
Old 08-08-2003
Forum Sponsor

NeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz Erthang
Answer this:

What in god's name makes you wanna
put a k20 motor in your car then sell the bitch????

Last edited by NeonImpact; 12-05-2019 at 12:15 AM.
Old 08-08-2003
Registered!!

g_50b is an unknown quantity at this point
u'd loose money..no one wants a car thats had a swap done to it.
Old 08-08-2003
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Unless you sold it to another racer, it would be worth Less then if it were stock...... As soon as you start modifying a car past stock the resale value plumits.
Old 08-08-2003
Registered!!

dragoon is an unknown quantity at this point
you would be able to sell it for less than what you spent on it, but more than an average civic.
Old 08-08-2003
Registered!!

my car gots 80k highway miles on it and im getting tired of it
ive spent a little more than 2k on mods no matter what im losing out, right so should i just put a body kit and rims than sell it or what
im looking for suggestions......
Old 08-08-2003
Registered!!

potator is an unknown quantity at this point
What's a K20AR?
Old 08-08-2003
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by potator
What's a K20AR?

Old 08-08-2003
Registered!!

potator is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by FALKEN
I'm sorry... I do not know much about cars...
Old 08-08-2003
Post Whore General

Jodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the rough
If you want to sell the car, why waste more money in it? You will not get it all back. Just sell it as is. Or trade it in.
Old 08-08-2003
Post Whore General

Jodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the rough
What's a K20AR?
It was a typo. He meant to say K20. The K20 is the new series of honda motors.
Old 08-08-2003
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
I'm sorry... I do not know much about cars...

i quoted the wrong post...sorry

Last edited by FALKEN; 08-08-2003 at 03:16 PM.
Old 08-08-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
A K20A-R is the Accord Euro R motor.
Its pretty much the same as the ITR motor.
Old 08-08-2003
Registered!!

IM SURROUNDED BY IDIOTS with exception to people that are actually helping ....
you mean to tell me that a hooked up import is worth less than a stock import how is that possible you wood have to be stupid or stupid to rather by a stock civic than one with a k20abcdef,etc.......
I WANT TO KNOW HOW MUCH I CAN GET FOR MY CIVIC IF I DROP A K20 TO THE 10th POWER OR EVEN IF I PUT RIMS AND A BODY KIT
GET IT HOOOOWWWW MMMUUUUCCCHHHH....THATS IT
Old 08-08-2003
You boost, I-VTEC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the rough
look at the kelly blue book value of your car, then deduct about 3 grand cause you modded it, and you'll get your price.

Get it?

unless you find someone who wants a done car (very rare) you'll never get as much for the car than you would if it was stock.
Old 08-08-2003
Registered!!

TheHughMan should not be trusted
you won't get back what you put into it. if you are going to sell it, sell it now without doing anything else and your profits will be higher. who knows, if you did more to it you might be able to sell it for more, but your profit would be less. no one can give you an exact dollar amount
Old 08-08-2003
Registered!!

get my price not exactly every little detail of imperfection is also discounted not to metion if i trade it in the price drops another few grand and no it still doesnt awnser my question plz no or info just awnser the question or should i just drop it cuz no one really
knows (i should have posted HOW MUCH WOOD YOU PAY FOR A CIVIC THAT ALREADY HAD A K20UPURMAMASASS SWAP) i need a blunt right bout now...ohhh yessssssssssss
Old 08-08-2003
Registered!!

oh well...........puff puff puff puff i feel much better now ohhh yesssssss
Old 08-08-2003
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
what year civic? and what trim level.
Old 08-08-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
I'd give you maybe what the book of the car is with a D17, maybe even less than that. if you swapped it... chances are you ragged it too. Nobody wants sloppy seconds.
Old 08-08-2003
Autocross Junky

Precicely. Most likely youll get what the car is curently worth. Mine is worth around 10,000. and yes thats what I would offer if I were to buy one with a K20 in it. think..... High performance engine in a car that normally dosnt have it. That tells me that more then likely the car has been run Hard if not VERY HARD. so the value goes down. Sorry but thats the way it goes.

If your lucky, youll get some teenager that dosn't know any better and youll make some $$$$ but dont count on it.
Old 08-08-2003
Registered!!

cdmx will become famous soon enoughcdmx will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by ren808
IM SURROUNDED BY IDIOTS with exception to people that are actually helping ....
you mean to tell me that a hooked up import is worth less than a stock import how is that possible you wood have to be stupid or stupid to rather by a stock civic than one with a k20abcdef,etc.......
I WANT TO KNOW HOW MUCH I CAN GET FOR MY CIVIC IF I DROP A K20 TO THE 10th POWER OR EVEN IF I PUT RIMS AND A BODY KIT
GET IT HOOOOWWWW MMMUUUUCCCHHHH....THATS IT
Well lets put it this way, its a civic...People who are looking for civics aren't looking to pay what you want, they are looking for a civic in the range $$ of a stock civic. Unless you know mad peeps and know someone who is looking for a car and wants one hooked up. You probably wont get what you want for it. But i know a guy who wanted to sell his civic with a built d17 with system and interior/exterior mods for 17k....Im going to say around there.
Also what year? how many miles on the car/on the engine.
Also think about it this way, if you are thinking about selling it near to what say someone could get a new Si for example they would probably go with the new car over the swapped civic cause they dont know how good condition its in, how its been treated. thats my opinion....
but to answer your question...answer mine and then ill throw a figure out
Old 08-09-2003
Registered!!

bth Go Army is an unknown quantity at this point
sell your vic completely stock dude...keep the mods, sell them separately, technically aftermarket parts have 0 value to 99% of the buyers you'll come across...
Old 08-09-2003
Registered!!

RSDCivic will become famous soon enough
and another possibility is that people are lookin for cheap imports so they can do their own swaps (well at least on older model civics its more popular)... like everyone else said sell it stock you'll get more money
Old 08-09-2003
Registered!!

Snort2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
yes, a hooked up import won't be worth more than a stock import. the best thing to do is to uninstall all of your mods and sell them separately. think about it this way, even if you DO have a k20 swap in it...who are you going to sell it to? people who know nothing about cars would expect the car to be worth blue book price. they're not looking for a civic that goes faster than other civic...otherwise they'd just buy a RSX. besides, people buy civics because it's an ECONOMICAL car...meaning its inexpensive, and saves money on gas, and etc etc. i've seen some people selling some crazy tricked out cars for like 15k or less. yes, it sucks for the sellers...but that's just the way it is. 2nd hand cars will never be worth more than a new one. btw, ...it's WOULD not WOOD
Old 08-10-2003
Registered!!

wood.......
thanks
Old 08-10-2003
Need....More....Mods

02civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by ren808
get my price not exactly every little detail of imperfection is also discounted not to metion if i trade it in the price drops another few grand and no it still doesnt awnser my question plz no or info just awnser the question or should i just drop it cuz no one really
knows (i should have posted HOW MUCH WOOD YOU PAY FOR A CIVIC THAT ALREADY HAD A K20UPURMAMASASS SWAP) i need a blunt right bout now...ohhh yessssssssssss
you arent the brightest person in the world are you??? You want an asnwer thats based on soooo many factors....i dont know your car so i dont know what its worth. Who cares about how muhc you could sell it for.... PROBABLY THE SAME OR A LITTLE MORE THAN STOCK. But it wouldnt warrent the extra money put into it. And you are gunna have a harder time finding a buyer cuase ma & pop dont want a race car. I'd say new with that swap about $12.

Question for you...how much could i sell my car for if i put a rocket motor in it??? the answer....why does it matter??? Unless you want to throw money away.
Old 08-10-2003
I sure wish my car was newer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
Ok... here's how it works - the people who want a modded car can't afford one, and the people who can afford one don't want one.

Short story... my ex gf's bro owns an import shop. He has a first year RSX-S that has just about everything that you could think of on it except for forced induction. He tried to sell the car for $37.5K. Now, the teenagers who wanted the car didn't by any means have the money for it. The slightly older people who could afford a price tag near $40K and were into modded cars didn't want one that was already modded because 98% of the fun is doing everything your own way - not buying it like that.
Old 08-10-2003
Registered!!

Yukonart will become famous soon enough
Totally true.

PULL THE MODS AND SELL. As close to stock as possible, anyway. That's what I'm doing. Selling my Civic (or trading-in) at the end of September. If I were leave everything in my car, I'd have to ask about $25,000 at least. . . and even then I'd be losing a good $5000. Needless to say the most I could even hope to get would be in the $12-15K range. . . . and that's if I'm lucky!

So, pulling my entire ICE, wheels and tires, suspension, and all engine mods. Fortunately, I have all the stock parts sitting in my garage still, so I'll be selling the mods as they're torn-off. Some won't be coming off, though. . . . tint, OEM body kit, interior trim kit, etc. I'll just have to eat the investment on that stuff. Good thing for me it's all been on the car for a while and I've "gotten my money's-worth" so to speak. Just means the next owner will have a clean-looking Civic as soon as they drive it off the sales lot.

Oh yeah. . . anyone want to buy some mods?
Old 08-10-2003
Cat

Cat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to behold
If you sell your car with a damn K20 in it, you ain't gonna get **** for it. Why would you wanna sell it after you swap your engine anyway? Do you think you're gonna be getting hella cash for it or something? The only way you can sell your car, mod's included and get the most out of it, would be to another import enthusiast. Otherwise, if you take it to a dealership, they're gonna look at you like you're an idiot.

My fiancee is selling/trading (hasn't decided which one yet) his Civic probably by the end of this month or first of September. Being the smart person he is, he saved ALL of his stock parts. So in the last few weeks, we've been stripping the car and putting all the stock pieces back on. We've sold the body kit, jdm headlights, and upper strut bar so far.

People buy Civic's for economy. Not for K20 engines. So you might wanna re-think your idea of wasting 3 grand.