Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Finally dropped, new photos. (dialup?? give up now)

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute
Finally dropped, new photos. (dialup?? give up now)

Ok, I think i'm done with cosmetic mods on the car for now. The suspension is on (blues, s techs, and ingalls camber kit) and i'm doing sway bars next. After that, i'm taking some time off from modding to pay off my credit card. Comments and opinions are welcome, but please keep it civil. Thanks.

Old 08-08-2007
wut y0u kn0w ab0ut them teXas b0ys...

MidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Finally dropped, new photos. (dialup?? give up now)

Looks nice...barely any gap
Old 08-08-2007

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, it's right where i wanted it. didn't want to slam it, given the condition of the roads here in the northeast.
Old 08-08-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to all

Very clean! Nice to see fellow New Yorkers doing their thing. I actually decided to put all of my mods on a low limit 1,100 credit card so I dont do too many things at once and extend my budget. Figure pay off 200 a month on auto and if I can do more I will.

I put it in my other post but so far for my ES1 I bought today

Tokico blues
Eibach pro-kit (dont wanna drop too low, snow and all...I know you are you in rochester and might laugh but the roads were bad here on the Island when it did storm last season)
Blue EL gauges
Carbon Fiber gauge bezel
TYC projector headlights because of they good rating and they will flow well since I have a NHBP car.

I am going to do other things like a nuespeed strut bar and maybe a stiffy. Then I really wanna focus on somehow bringing up some low and mid range power up if even a little without dumping tons of cash.

Do you know what direction you want to go in after the pay off?
Old 08-08-2007

well, once i get the sway bars, (i have a rear bar and one set of endlinks), and make some payments on the card, i may get a lip kit. However, I may be either getting a sizeable raise at work, or giving up being a paramedic, and become a cop. If either of those happen, i'll have more $$, and honestly, I probably won't keep the civic. One of my friends is already talking about buying this from me, fully modded sometime in the next 18 months. If that happens, I'd be looking at getting an 05-06 RSX, and new Si, or an Evo 8, if I can afford one.
Old 08-08-2007
Registered!!

johnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to all

wut size rims are those?? by the way, your car looks hot!!
Old 08-08-2007

they're 17s, with 215/45 tires
Old 08-08-2007
Registered!!

svtec is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks good!
Old 08-08-2007
Registered!!

ryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by AmbulanceMonkee
well, once i get the sway bars, (i have a rear bar and one set of endlinks), and make some payments on the card, i may get a lip kit. However, I may be either getting a sizeable raise at work, or giving up being a paramedic, and become a cop. If either of those happen, i'll have more $$, and honestly, I probably won't keep the civic. One of my friends is already talking about buying this from me, fully modded sometime in the next 18 months. If that happens, I'd be looking at getting an 05-06 RSX, and new Si, or an Evo 8, if I can afford one.
I hear ya bro. I am getting into Financial Services and the money is good and you get to help people plan their future so thats great. It is just a very slow starting thing so I am still doin the grind. I honestly don't know what I would buy if I had the money...I think I wanna kill this car, then I will worry about a new one
Old 08-08-2007

whoever repped me, let me know, so i can rep back.
Old 08-08-2007
Look at me im a supporting member

civicfan1203 is just really nicecivicfan1203 is just really nicecivicfan1203 is just really nicecivicfan1203 is just really nice

+ 1 rep love the car
Old 08-08-2007

i realized you can't see the wheels that well in most of the pics, so here's a couple better ones.

Old 08-08-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by AmbulanceMonkee
whoever repped me, let me know, so i can rep back.
I whored it out a bit tonight, it doesnt tell you who reps?
Old 08-08-2007

only if you pay for a premium membership.

rep has been returned.
Old 08-08-2007
Banned

mani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nice

Arite!!!! Now thats one ride I was waiting for ... I really wanted to see Ambulances ride dropped man ... Looks Clean as crystal honestly... And ur plans of a lip kit next is perfecto !

Abt career talk Who is it in Financial Services ? I graduate Summer 08 in the same field with dreams of lots n lots of BLING BLING !!! hahahahSo yeah hopefully what ever ride i get would be a LEASE ... IS350, G37 and 350Z are my choices but if i get lucky wud definitely Finance the upcoming GTR ;-)

and my civic ! .... Im keeping it for LYFE man !!! U must always have a BACKUP PLAN !!! hahahaha
Old 08-08-2007
Registered!!

kcsays is an unknown quantity at this point

still looks stock height for me.. =P
Old 08-10-2007
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light

^yeah.. I feel the same way, it's so weird, theres hardly any wheel gap but the car's stance still looks high maybe it's the camera angle...

Looks good though man and congrats
Old 08-10-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by mani_is_kool
Arite!!!! Now thats one ride I was waiting for ... I really wanted to see Ambulances ride dropped man ... Looks Clean as crystal honestly... And ur plans of a lip kit next is perfecto !

Abt career talk Who is it in Financial Services ? I graduate Summer 08 in the same field with dreams of lots n lots of BLING BLING !!! hahahahSo yeah hopefully what ever ride i get would be a LEASE ... IS350, G37 and 350Z are my choices but if i get lucky wud definitely Finance the upcoming GTR ;-)

and my civic ! .... Im keeping it for LYFE man !!! U must always have a BACKUP PLAN !!! hahahaha

That would be me sir :-) I wont be an accountant but I am actually going to start work and training, and then get some college courses in to understand some of the more complex concepts concerned with investing and such. For all the heavy numbers I interface with a clients CPA or recommend one, and also with lawyers. You gotta really be a people person to do it. I am just getting pumped up about it still. I have another meeting to go to before I really kick it into gear. You know I will be keeping my Civic too though lol.
Old 08-10-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

i think its cuz of the size of his wheels.. theyre huge. but the car does look clean...very clean. em2s should come looking like this from the factory.. as like a special package..cuz it looks dam good. lip kit should definatly be next..
Old 08-10-2007
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute

looks good man thank god your finally dropped! oh and the trunk lip looks hot
Old 08-10-2007
Registered!!

amuthini is an unknown quantity at this point

the 215/45/17 tires cause your tire/wheel diameter to be larger than stock, making the car higher off the ground, kind of negating the lowered look, even though there is no wheel gap. Should have went with 215/40 or even better 205/45
Old 08-10-2007
Registered!!

bullet02ex will become famous soon enoughbullet02ex will become famous soon enough

looks good man very nice.

+1 for doing it right and taking your time working on the car without going into debt. unfortunately I have to wait another two years to get another car when I graduate from College and go no Active Duty.
Old 08-10-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks very good man. I love the stock bumpers you have, if I could retro those to fit an '03 w/o too much of a hassle I would. Good looking ride. How do you like the handling difference (sorry if I missed that)?
Old 08-10-2007
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute

dont listen to this guy hes just gonna tell you to put a turbo under ya hood :-P silly ******
Old 08-10-2007
Registered!!

02Sicivic is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks great. Where did you get that lip spoiler?
Old 08-10-2007
Registered!!

metalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nice

nice, whered u get the red H's. are they for an ep3???
Old 08-10-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

Originally Posted by speedfoos
Looks very good man. I love the stock bumpers you have, if I could retro those to fit an '03 w/o too much of a hassle I would. Good looking ride. How do you like the handling difference (sorry if I missed that)?
If you did the retro it would take a month.
"Slow and steady" Right?
Old 08-10-2007

ok, lemme try to respond to all of this.

first, thanks for all the compliments, i'm pretty happy with it myself.

for the answers.

I know the tires are a bit larger than stock, i went with the size suggested when i purchased the wheels. I don't think they are affecting the height of the car from the ground more than a fraction of an inch. I may go with a slightly smaller size next time i buy tires, but the way the roads are here, i like a little extra padding between my wheels, and potholes.

the handling kinda sucks, but not because of the suspension. i still need to get a proper alignment. I already paid for one, but it seems they couldn't get it quite right, claiming they can't do lowered cars, which i feel is bullshit. the car has a slight pull to left, and i think the camber is off on the right front. it should be in next week for a better alignment, at a different place. i'm done getting dicked around by the first one.

the lip on the trunk is an ebay purchase. they call it an "m3 style lip spoiler" or something. they come in carbon fiber-look, or black, with or without a cheap led brake light. if you get the plain black, with no light, it shouldn't be more than $15.

the emblems are JDM DC5 badges, for an 05, i think. $90 on ebay, but the front comes with a shroud or something on the back, made to fit on the DC5 grill, and that needs to be removed. For the rear, the two pegs don't line up with the holes in the EM2 trunk, so I had to remove them. The emblems are just held on with 3M double sided mounting tape. It goes through a car wash once a week, with no problems.

Did i miss anything?
Old 08-11-2007
Banned

mani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nice

Yeah ... U missed telling us wats comin up Next
Old 08-11-2007

i think that was earlier in the thread. sway bars this summer, maybe a lip kit next year.

turbo and/or major engine mods?? never.

Quick Reply: Finally dropped, new photos. (dialup?? give up now)