Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

2005 CIVIC WANTED & Opinions Need new front and back suspension

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bryce_k is an unknown quantity at this point
2005 CIVIC WANTED & Opinions Need new front and back suspension

Why hello everyone,
I have a 2005 Honda Civic. My front and rear shocks are blown. I am looking to replace it all. I do not want to lower the car. I do not care about added performance (although I would not complain either). I do not want to use camber kits etc. All I want is a good suspension system that will last me and do better than stock suspension components. I currently have 145,000kms and my goal is to drive this car until it explodes way way way down the road. I am located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan and if anyone has items that will work let me know. What should I get? I also do not want to be ridiculous in the spending here.
Old 01-07-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: 2005 CIVIC WANTED & Opinions Need new front and back suspension

Gotta spend a little more money if you want a quality shock. You can get cheap eBay ones but they won't last.

Best bet is KYB OE replacement shocks.
Or
Tokico for a little more performance.
Old 01-08-2014
Registered!!

Bryce_k is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes I will not go ebay cheap ones. What about full front coilovers? I may have tracked some rear Tokicos locally. I need to research part numbers if anyone has quick links thatd be great to.

Originally Posted by GolNat
Gotta spend a little more money if you want a quality shock. You can get cheap eBay ones but they won't last.

Best bet is KYB OE replacement shocks.
Or
Tokico for a little more performance.
Old 01-08-2014
Registered!!

da_bohl_swizzy is an unknown quantity at this point

I know you don't care about lowering but I have skunk2 pro s-II coilovers and I absolutely love how they feel you can adjust them up to a comfortable height for you so you don't have it really low but they are great i had them up like an original ride height and now I ride completely dumped and feels great either way and very easy to install and like golnat said you could go with ebay very cheap that's what I started with and they lasted me just about 2 years only spent like 50 bucks
Old 01-08-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bryce_k
What about full front coilovers?
Are you referring to Monroe Quick Struts? The whole spring and strut assembly ready to go!

Performance coil overs are going to be to stiff. Best thing would be more performance strut/shock with stock springs if you want to maintain OE ride quality as close as possible.