Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

02 civic si Aqua Greenish Blue Springs

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
alcopaulic is an unknown quantity at this point
02 civic si Aqua Greenish Blue Springs

Hey guys, I posted about a week ago on my 2002 civic si that was riding stiff.
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...des-stiff.html

Well i got under the thing and saw that the springs (even though they didn't look very new) are an aqua blue/green color. After doing some research my guess is progressive makes them. Now. The struts look stock, it doesn't seem to be cambered, at least not in the rear, and since i did nothing to it so far, it still rides like junk. Now my options are 1. keep the springs, get a camber kit, and buy the tokiko struts. (which would be a bit on the expensive side) 2. find someone who wants to sell me their stock springs and go back to normal. 3. at the bottom of my original posting TemjinX2 mentioned jacking it up an inch and leaving the struts the way they are (i'd still buy the camber kit). Now option 3 seems like the cheapest and the least amount of work, but how do i raise it up an inch? And to everyone who responded to my first thread. thank you.
Old 04-27-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
Re: 02 civic si Aqua Greenish Blue Springs

I think you might have TEIN springs on there.

I think the guy who said you should raise it an inch, is probably assuming you have adjustable coilovers. If your with sprngs and shocks, I dont think you can adjust the height, without shoving some spacers in between the spring, or something ghetto like that. You might be able to find a set of coilovers thats lightly used for cheap. In fact, anything that your looking for you should be able to find at a good discount if its been used (duh). But anyways, your struts could be blow, so upgrading them would make it feel better, but if they arent and the issue is your springs, upgrading the struts along wont be a huge improvement. Stuff to think about. I dont have an SI, so my specific recomendations wouldnt be that much helpful. Hope you get it going good. I'm looking for a whole new suspension set up as well. I'm outs 4 lunch - Ricearoni time, ha

Last edited by TRIZ; 04-27-2007 at 04:49 PM.
Old 04-27-2007
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute

your shocks might be blown. you might want to consider changing them to performance ones if you plan on keeping the springs, or get new oem ones if you go back to stock.
Old 04-27-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

TIEN springs?? i think by the title and rmemebring what they look like..i think theyre progressive too!.... tiens are jus...green... hey i dont mean to jack ur thread again or w.e but...u cant raise or lower ur car with just aftermarket springs and struts??? then what r they for?? sorry i dont know anything about suspension... and also to add to the posing question...if it rides liek crap now i would consider just going back to stock...on other forums in their for sale adds u can find people that are selling stock springs and struts for all kinds of cars...go n have a look see. OEM is always how the car started so ..it wouldnt necesarrily be bad
Old 04-27-2007
Registered!!

HonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond repute

You can adjust the ride height with most coilover kits, but if you just have stock struts, then you are very limited with the amount of adjustability. Springs are used by themselves to lower the car and make the ride a little stiffer and/or "sportier" than stock.
Old 04-27-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

right so with aftermarket struts and springs.....u can still lower ur car right
Old 04-27-2007
This is Myspace

geez...im real sorry again to jack ur thread...ima jerk...
Old 04-29-2007
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold

alright...

1) We need a picture of the so called teal springs...they can be tein or progress

2) d71s no you can't change the height with shocks and springs, you need coilovers.