Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Finally saved up enough for a suspension!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicrider01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Finally saved up enough for a suspension!!

Hey guys. I finally have enough money for a suspension setup. I have a 2001 civic 4 door. I've looking around online and found this setup, eBay Motors: KYB GR-2 STRUTS SHOCKS & SPRINGS HONDA CIVIC 01 - 02 (item 160070754837 end time Jan-15-07 10:44:32 PST)

Any suggestions? I'm in the $500 range. Im looking for a setup that is better than my current, stock and blown. Does guys think I will need a camber kit with these? (SPC) Thanks guys
Old 01-17-2007
Registered!!

bobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of light
First, never heard of Vogtland springs.
Second, how were the struts "custom matched to work with these springs"?
Third, camber kit always recommended.

If it were me, I'd stick with something a little more known and tested. The GR2s are good stock replacements but you may want to also look at the Tokico HP (blues). There is a Group Buy for $325 shipped. And I picked up some used springs in the for sale section for $100. Camber kits always on sale at Truehonda. Then install it all yourself with Mex's DIY. Don't forget to get an alignment afterward too.

Looks like your $500 budget is blown, but unless someone can verify Vogtland's quality, I would try something else. Eibach and Tein have good springs with small drops, check the FAQ. That's all I can think of. Good luck.
Old 01-17-2007
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
Just my opinion but,

don’t buy performance parts on eBay people!
Old 01-17-2007
Registered!!

hwt101 is an unknown quantity at this point
i second that and +1 rep for you my friend
Old 01-17-2007
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by bobsagator
First, never heard of Vogtland springs.
Second, how were the struts "custom matched to work with these springs"?
Third, camber kit always recommended.

If it were me, I'd stick with something a little more known and tested. The GR2s are good stock replacements but you may want to also look at the Tokico HP (blues). There is a Group Buy for $325 shipped. And I picked up some used springs in the for sale section for $100. Camber kits always on sale at Truehonda. Then install it all yourself with Mex's DIY. Don't forget to get an alignment afterward too.

Looks like your $500 budget is blown, but unless someone can verify Vogtland's quality, I would try something else. Eibach and Tein have good springs with small drops, check the FAQ. That's all I can think of. Good luck.

from my understand vogtland makes decent stuff, but I didnt' know they made stuff for the EM2. They are a german company VOGTLAND Autosport GmbH. I can't vouch for the personally, but I wouldn't steer away from them.
Old 01-17-2007
Living Life Turn After Turn

04civic07 will become famous soon enough04civic07 will become famous soon enough
if you just want a straight out answer... for you i'd say

tokico blues and eibach sportlines

it's about a 1.5 inch drop which is a nice lowering, but not ***** out lowered where you'd scrape every speed bump. when i had them, no problem on speed bumps and most drive ways.

btw, i'd recommend rear camber "kit" if you got the money

Last edited by 04civic07; 01-17-2007 at 08:25 PM.
Old 01-18-2007
Registered!!

BCCentaur3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Agree go with the tokico blues man. A camber kit is always a must.
Old 01-25-2007
Registered!!

Taffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant future
I checked their website and the springs listed for the coupe also say they are compatible with the sedan. They should be two different sets of springs for coupe and sedan. So I would stay away from those.

On a side note Vogtland is a pretty decent company from what I hear, although they specialize more for the Deutschland crowd.

Here is Vogtland's A3:

Quick Reply: Finally saved up enough for a suspension!!