Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Help needed, thanks in advance.

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fastlx is an unknown quantity at this point
Help needed, thanks in advance.

Ok, I'm new to the board and have to say that from the little bit that I have seen, it kicks ***. Anyway, here is what I am in need of. I am looking to possibly lower my car. One, does it void the factory warranty? I going to run 18's but dont want all of the fender gap. The car is a daily driver and nothing else. I am an old fart, but want my car to look nice. I am after the clean look. Also, I have seen the Eibach kit that states it lowers the car .80". Does anyone have any pictures of it on their car with either 17 or 18's? If so, can you post a picture and let me know what you have done? Thanks in advance and again, I really appreciate the help. Cya.
Old 04-16-2003
Registered!!

Weaponx12o is on a distinguished road
so you got the eibach prokit? sorry to say but .8" won't do much. it'll look stock and won't take off the trie gap. if you want another eibach product get the sportlines. it'll lower your car about 1.5" (i think). that drop should be fine with 18's.
Old 04-16-2003
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
flotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to behold
About the void on warranty, best to call your dealer and ask. My dealer will still cover a lowered civic as long as they perform the install. For my drop I have Eibach Sportlines installed with some 205/40/17's. Its my daily driver and runs fairly comfortable, though not as smooth as stock especially on the bumpy stuff. I've only scraped once over a tall speed bump with a couple of friends riding with me.
Old 04-16-2003
The Standard One

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
usually it'll void just the suspension warranty.
prokit says .8" drop but its more like a 1.2" drop. and ya you cant even tell its lowered. remember tires make a big difference as well
example 205-40-17 vs 215-40-18. the 18s are slightly more then 1" bigger(overall diameter). thus you raise the car an extra inch but kill the fender gap an extra .5". and remember just cause bigger wheel doesnt mean bigger tire, 215-35-18 is smaller then 215-45-17.
i think what i have now would be perfect for you. 215-40-18s with a 1.75" drop. i have 1 finger gap all around, dont scrape at all. still high but low enough to look nice. click "my ride" up top to see bigger pics
Old 04-16-2003
Registered!!

RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough
Talk to your dealer i have the TeinSS with a 2in drop and 17in wheels. I have all warranties as long as the Honda dealership performed the install with me. The kit your referring too will still leave quite i gap. You might want to look into the Eibach sportlines they drop it a pretty good amount but still leave a comfortable ride. Youll also want to look into getting a camber kit and alignment and a new set of shocks as well. If your really feeling good you might want to look into a set of Teins.
Old 04-16-2003
Registered!!

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate them. VNlilMAN, I love the way your car looks!!!! How does it ride? That is one of my major concerns. Like I said, I'm an old fart looking to make my car look nice. But I dont really want to sacrafice the ride too much. So you think the .80" kit will not be enough even with 215/40-18's? Please let me know and if anyone has pictures with the .80 Eibach kit, please post a picture.
Old 04-16-2003
The Standard One

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
thanks. at first with stock wheels it rode nice. now it with my 18s and after a year it ride pretty harsh. this is common with any lowered suspension. so.. SHOCKS ARE A MUST!
with the eibach prokit and 40s, the car is going to be really high cause 215-40-18s are pretty thick. about .8" bigger then stock wheels, so ya basically with the prokit, your still going to be at stock height, just smaller fender gaps thats all..
Old 04-16-2003
Registered!!

Ok, thanks. I am not looking to make the car lower, but to get rid of the fender gaps. Do you think that the prokit and the 215/40's would do the trick? How will it compare with your car? I like the gap that you have but even if it was a bit more it would be ok. Thanks again for the help!!

Chris
Old 04-16-2003
Registered!!

Oh and one more thing. My car is an 03, so I hear that only Koni makes shocks for it, is this true? Thanks.