Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Tociko (sp?) Strut Release Date

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2003
Resident Tough Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sivion is an unknown quantity at this point
Tociko (sp?) Strut Release Date

I contacted the company to just see when the complete front and rear struts will be released for our civics, and they stated that prototypes will be done around June and production struts may be ready by the beginning of fall.

Just a FYI

Old 04-16-2003
I Queef > You

sKwiD is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the FYI... But for the past year or year and half, people have been talking about the Tokico release date. Tokico will always extend the date, and never have anything come out. I remember last summer they said OCTOBER, then in October they said late FEBRUARY, well people are tired of waiting, so most have gotten KONIs by now. As for me, 2 more months and I'll be 1 year Anniversary on my stock shocks!!! Lets hope they last until then : P Thanx man...
Old 04-16-2003
Registered!!

synikal is an unknown quantity at this point
I hope my shocks dont blow before then
Old 04-16-2003
MIT
Registered!!

MIT is an unknown quantity at this point
just get tein basic damper came out this "end of april", i'm tired of waiting Tokico or kYB or whateva........
Old 04-16-2003
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
Why pay a grand for the basic damper when you can pay a grand for the Tein SS? They are goign to be so expensive at first.
Old 04-16-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice
screw those laggers.. I'll believe it when I see it. I got tired of waiting a long time ago and went with Koni.
Old 04-16-2003
Registered!!

RoadRunner is an unknown quantity at this point
thats absolutely right, they will be really expensive when they are first released, so i'm gonna just borrow my friends RSX suspension and see how that works on my car. Till i have enough money to get true coilovers or Tokico's
Old 04-17-2003
Smell My Face!!

Distinctive has a brilliant futureDistinctive has a brilliant futureDistinctive has a brilliant futureDistinctive has a brilliant futureDistinctive has a brilliant futureDistinctive has a brilliant futureDistinctive has a brilliant futureDistinctive has a brilliant futureDistinctive has a brilliant futureDistinctive has a brilliant futureDistinctive has a brilliant future
tokicos...when xmas time kool of 2005.. i mite be on air by then til then i am getting koni
Old 04-17-2003
Registered!!

O1Coupe is an unknown quantity at this point
I can't justify outrageous price of Koni's shocks... sure, they are high quality and are adjustable, but it's still way too expensive just for shocks. They shouldn't be costing as much as rim and tire combo, if you ask me.

I have over 100,000km on my car now over the last two years (about 60,000miles), with about half of that put on while having my car lowered with Eibach springs. They have yet to be blown, but they are getting progressively weaker.

So I do have to replace them, but I definitely want to do it in an economical way. I seriously don't want to dump a lot of money into the car, since in a year or two, I will be upgrading to a better car. Just want something to tie me over with, as a safety factor.

I'll most likely get stock shocks... seems a lot cheaper. I maybe even get the rears used, from a guy who upgraded to Konis. Fronts I'll buy.. but it'll be about 1/2 price.. think it's an okay idea for my needs?
Old 04-17-2003
Registered!!

eXNBP is an unknown quantity at this point
Drive once with Konis you will be amazed man
Old 04-17-2003
Registered!!

AznHalfy is an unknown quantity at this point
Yah but I heard of alot of problems with the "inserts" that Koni uses up front for our cars ... Last thing I wanna do is spend $1200 CDN to have them destroy my front struts so they can install the koni's and then have them mess up with noises and alignment problems ... if $1200 should be a full replacement ... And I would be glad to hand over my $$$ for that ... inserts are half *** ... And that is the sole reason why I have not bought them.

Also, hear that the perch is pretty weak too ...

L8tr
Old 04-17-2003
Registered!!

eXNBP is an unknown quantity at this point
The perchs are weak? Funny I've taken it to 2 autox's no problem so far with the rears. The front's aren't as hard to install as people say they are. A drill, pipe cutter, 6 pack, and 2 friends can go a long way. They aren't as hard as people say they are. Oh well my opinion so resume with the Koni bashing lol