Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

what are the Bump stops?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blacatoe is an unknown quantity at this point
what are the Bump stops?

What the heck are these things? I think that they're the rubber pieces ontop of the sping, but I'm obviously not to sure. I just got the Goldlines for my sedan and I want to make sure that I do everything right but that's just kicking my ****!
Old 03-01-2003
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
flotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to behold
The bumpstops on our cars are pieces of rubber that are installed over the strut piston, a rubber cushioner if you will. What they do is give you some protection when your suspension bottoms out.
Old 03-01-2003
Registered!!

Logan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to all
[hr]Originally posted by: flotsamm
The bumpstops on our cars are pieces of rubber that are installed over the strut piston, a rubber cushioner if you will. What they do is give you some protection when your suspension bottoms out.[hr]

exact description i was going to give.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-02-2003
Registered!!

Blacatoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks a lot for the help guys! I just cut them this morning and it's sitting really nice! I'll have to post some pics soon but not until it's all done, hopefully by the end of the month!
Old 03-02-2003
Registered!!

BJAI is an unknown quantity at this point
what if u dont' have it..? like a shop didn't put them back? what will this happen?
so is it the bumpstop will give u a better ride?
Old 03-06-2003
The Standard One

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
bumpstops giving a better ride is a common misconception..
if you dont have bumpstops i wouldnt worry too much. its better to have them but its not a must.
Old 03-06-2003
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
flotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to behold
[hr]Originally posted by: BJAI
what if u dont' have it..? like a shop didn't put them back? what will this happen? so is it the bumpstop will give u a better ride?[hr]
Welp, if you hit a bump or pot hole without them installed you risk the chance of the strut cartridge smacking up against the top of the strut tower or uni-body. Not a good thing.

Thanks Dizzle. [IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]