Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

a blown shock???

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VellVic is an unknown quantity at this point
a blown shock???

so yesterday I'm about to get in my car and it's really looking funny . I take a walk around it and noticed that it was on a slight angle. I measured the wheel gap with my fingers and on the front passenger side, it was a 4 finger gap and on the driver front side is was a 3 finger gap. So as I'm driving and feel the car is leaning, I'm guessing it's a blown shock. But the ride felt the same, I don't know what's up wit that, could it still be a blown shock??
Old 02-25-2003
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
Is your car lowered? have u hit any potholes from the plows/snow? Is there any fluid leaking out? Most likely it is a blown shock if it is leaning. I don't think your spring would just crap out on you. Pull your front wheels of and look at ur shocks and compare them.
Old 02-25-2003
Registered!!

VellVic is an unknown quantity at this point
no, my car all stock and there's potholes all over, you can hardly avoid them...i think it is blown but i don't feel a difference
Old 02-25-2003
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
Have you pushed down on the fender on both sides to feel a difference? that might help too if you cant get your rubber off anytime soon. A blown shock should feel less stiff than a non blown shock.
Old 02-25-2003
Registered!!

Slizo is an unknown quantity at this point
If you're all stock, you should still be under warranty, yeah? Let Honda deal with it [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-25-2003
The Standard One

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
this has been discussed a couple times already... its normal for the drivers side to be lower then the passenger... people usually notice it when they lower their cars. mines even tho. if it really bugs you take it to honda and they'll probably tell you the same thing i did...