Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Progress Springs???

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civic888 is an unknown quantity at this point
Progress Springs???

Hi everyone, this is my first post so go easy on me... I live in Southern California where the roads are never perfect. I always see 2k1 civics that are lowered on the highways bouncing up and down. I would like to lower my car but don't know what springs to put on. I've read the threads about eibach, goldline and neuspeed, but how bout PROGRESS.

Also, if I just get lowered spring and leave everything stock.
Will I be hurting my cars suspension?
Will I get that great look without the camber kit?
and How will the ride be if I keep the struts/shocks stock?

Sorry for my ignorance. Any information would be most appreciated, Thank you
Old 11-14-2002
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
i know someone who has progress springs. He seems to like them. They drop about 2". Stock shocks won't last very long probably 6 months to a year unless u hit something or take really good care of them. it won't mess up the rest of your car. A camber kit will save ur tires but not necessary.
Old 11-14-2002
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
General rule of thumb. Always get aftermarket shocks when you get aftermarket springs. This will stop any chance of bounce.

There is a guy here in Charleston, SC with a 7thgen. He had Progressive Springs on his car for a day and took them off. He hated them. He got Neuspeed race springs and loves them.

Old 11-14-2002
The Standard One

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
most lowering springs are progressive springs...
progress springs suck. the drop is the worst looking as well.
go with neuspeed. if you dont want a camber kit/shocks, go with neuspeed sports.
expect to get new shocks eventually tho, mine are starting to go after 6-8 months. but i ride mine hard, n ya i drive on the ghetto streets of LA too.
next time please post in the suspension forum. also read the suspension faq there.
oh and visit the socal forum as well, we had a meet this past month and had like 40 cars or something..
Old 11-14-2002
ak
Retired Mod

ak can only hope to improve
iceman has them...PM him.

I rode on his car and it is SMOOTH!!! my sprint felt like crap compared to his progress 2"
Old 11-14-2002
Registered!!

mwwhonda is an unknown quantity at this point
you CAN NOT go wrong w/ eibach prokit and koni dampers....

mark
Old 11-14-2002
Registered!!

ASWZero is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: VNlilMAN
most lowering springs are progressive springs...
progress springs suck. the drop is the worst looking as well.
go with neuspeed. if you dont want a camber kit/shocks, go with neuspeed sports.
expect to get new shocks eventually tho, mine are starting to go after 6-8 months. but i ride mine hard, n ya i drive on the ghetto streets of LA too.
next time please post in the suspension forum. also read the suspension faq there.
oh and visit the socal forum as well, we had a meet this past month and had like 40 cars or something..[hr]
to add to that...

buy the cheap strut bars now on ebay and save your car.

I hear about cars buckling all the time and you will notice when your car starts to handle poorly and you find dents all around your car. You will also notice the doors does not close properly(I noticed that when I had my car jacked up and had to get something in the car and when i closed the door, the door was sticky). You have to love unibody cars. they were designed to flex(helps out in accidents, not in racing).

You can be just like me who is now looking for replacements for my $15 front and rear bars. Neuspeed front and rear are looking good for me. I asked a couple of friends for quotes on roll cages. the perfect place for the cage will go through the factory rear speaker wells - going to have to relocate the speakers). I wonder if I should get SCCA regulation size tubing for the cage. I should encase I feel like racing.
Old 11-15-2002
Registered!!

Intruder is an unknown quantity at this point
Autopower builds a roll cage for our car designed to fit without relocating or permanently damaging any interior panels. However, be advised, bolt-together roll cages are usually not designed to stiffen the chassis, and subsequently will not improve handling very much. Bolt-togethers are designed for protection, but the design of their joints often allows movement and torsion. A weld-in cage is much stiffer, but much more expensive and not a DIY unless you are comfortable welding inside your car. Peace
Old 11-15-2002
The Standard One

"I asked a couple of friends for quotes on roll cages"
so i'm guessing he's getting it custom done, not just a bolt ont
Old 11-15-2002
Registered!!

Civic888 is an unknown quantity at this point
What do you mean by buckling?

Do 2k1 civics have such low body integrety that minor dents automatically appear without the installation of front/rear struts bars? sorry i don't understand.

I just bought '17 inch rims, what springs are safe to install on my car w/o rubbing?
-with eibach sportline or prokit?
-neuspeed is there only one kind?

Old 11-15-2002
The Standard One

i doubt your car will start denting, but ya i'm sure your chassis will get weaker by time.. its not like its going to fall apart of anything tho.
what size tires do you have?
chances are, you'll even be fine with neuspeed race. neuspeed makes sports 1.75" and race 2.25"
i have 215-40-18 on neuspeed sports, 1 finger gap all around, no rubbing. see members page for pics