Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

air struts

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nuts is an unknown quantity at this point
air struts

how do strut bags work. i know they have the ability to work like the air ride suspension but how. what add on kits would i need to buy to make it like air ride suspension. kmwperformance is the place i'm gonnna order form. would it just be better to spend the extra money on the FBSS air ride. and whats teh difference in 1/2 in and 3/8 in.
Old 11-03-2002
The Standard One

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
strut bags are air suspension. there are different types of air suspension. bags, cylinders/rods. there are some branches and strut bags are a branch of air bags. and yes it would be worth it to get a FBSS setup compared to just an FB. with FB, you only have front/back motion which is boring. also there are problems with the air transfering from one side to the other when turning. so i would think you'd have to buy additional parts anyways. difference between 1/2 and 3/4 are the size of the lines. of course bigger, the faster you move air/the faster you raise/lower. i'm not sure if you can or if its even smart with bags but i know you could even hop the car like with hydraulics. but ya it depends on the lines. civicpunker bought his kit from them. if your really serious about getting them, you might want to message him. and if you havnt already please read the air suspension faq.
Old 11-03-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nuts is an unknown quantity at this point
after my octane kit and velox vx8 gunmetal rims come in i'm gonna get air ride. i'm looking at around this summer sometime. i'm starting my research now