Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

What coil-overs do ya'll recommend?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2021
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nonexistent is an unknown quantity at this point
What coil-overs do ya'll recommend?

I have an 03 ex coupe and want to lower it. I don't want to slam and stance it, but I do want it lower than it is (rally car-ish, my driveway is dirt). What coil-overs do ya'll recommend? Budget is kinda minimal.
Old 01-03-2021
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,156 Likes on 806 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What coil-overs do ya'll recommend?

I'm a big fan of tein suspensions.

Tein street basis will give you lowering from like 1-3" and runs about $500-600

Tein street advance will give you lowering plus adjustable dampening for like $700-900

whatever you get, make sure they're for 03-05, not 01-02. Crash bolt size changed from 14 to 16mm from 02 to 03
Old 01-04-2021
Super Moderator

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,322 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of

I used some of my first stimulus check to buy a set of Tein Street Advance, no complaints whatsoever.
Old 01-04-2021
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nonexistent is an unknown quantity at this point

Might have to look into them. Thanks.
Old 01-04-2021
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,156 Likes on 806 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

for what it's worth, I was rocking the predecessor to the Street Advance in my 2002 ex coupe. Had 'em installed from early 2005 until I donated the car in 2017, and they only started to have problems starting summer 2017 (clunking over bumps). I loved those things, and they were a **** ton more expensive than the street advance are now. I paid $1250 shipped, but they had the pillowball upper mounts ($200 value alone), and that was a hell of a deal back then. I think the going rate for the package I got was in the realm of $1500 at the time. Someone on this forum had the hook up at a local shop in Cali and had the shop call me to process the transaction.