Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Tein Street Basis vs Tein Street Advance

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
M00n3at3r is an unknown quantity at this point
Tein Street Basis vs Tein Street Advance

So, I've ran into a wall. I'm going to need to replace my rear struts soon and I figure I may as well do it the way I want if I have to spend the money for it. What I'm looking into is either the Tein street basis' or the street advanced. I'm probably looking at $2000 after rims and coilovers but I'm stuck so I'm kinda just mulling this out but I want to know what you guys would do. One of my rims is twisted so I need to either replace that one or the whole set, I'm leaning toward Focal Xs. This would have to come first since the alignment won't read true with a twisted rim. The next problem is which coilovers to go with. I want to go with Tein either way so it's either the Basis or Advance. I like the basis because they are only $700 or so, but I have heard they are kinda soft. I like the idea of the advance because they have the adjustable dampening so I have complete control to find my perfect set up. It's my DD so it's not like I need a track set up, but I really like the idea of complete customization. Can people who have teins tell me what they think on them? Both basis and advance if possible? I know one guy said the basis felt soft until he upgraded his rear sway bar which I have done. I have a 19mm rsx type s bar. Thanks guys I appreciate it!