Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

this children is why you dont go "drifting" on public roads

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the rough
Re: this children is why you dont go "drifting" on public roads

Originally Posted by lazlong
Fast Five was by far the best one.

BTW: I totaled my first 4 cars. lol.

ive actually never been in an accident (aside from jumping a curb) lol owned 2 cars in my life. my pos 2001 sunfire and my baby vic
Old 12-01-2011
A scene before your eyes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Balzdpr is on a distinguished road

Holy **** Dude you dont know what you are missing then
Myself:
Accident #1 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipes 63mph. in a 35mph., hit house totaled car, bought new Kitchin. "Dont smoke pot while driving".
Accident #2 1993 Mitsubishi Galant 49mph. in a 55mph.(Snowing), front and rear went off right side curb spun car in 180*, front end hit Audi totaled car, bought new Audi front end. "Pay more attention to road conditions and slow down".
Accident #3 2005 Subaru Impreza 45mph. in apartment parking lot, front end goes up dirt hill, down again, hits three parked cars, totaled four cars. "Dont drink and drive with drunk girl in passenger seat."
Accident #4 2005 Honda Civic 11mph. in my driveway, backed into my truck, killed rearend, truck prrrr's like a lion "biatch's", Look behind you when you back up "stupid".
Old 12-01-2011
The Boss ;D

94civicd16z6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Tokyo Drift was pretty good.. haven't seen anyone drift that good in real life. on youtube they have some guy drifting a civic that does pretty good tho!

Last edited by 94civicd16z6; 12-01-2011 at 09:38 PM.
Old 12-02-2011
Registered!!

pwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the rough

whats your guys opinion on these struts?
http://www.andysautosport.com/honda/...nd_shocks/kyb/
Old 12-02-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Those are straight up OEM replacements, they will not improve handling or hold a drop.
Old 12-02-2011
Registered!!

what about the seconf set here
http://www.andysautosport.com/honda/...shocks/tokico/
not the blues

im leaning towards the shock and springs instead of coilovers. since i dont need to adjust them and to save a little cash
Old 12-02-2011
Johnny Tran stole my S2000 that I had over $100K in mods.

VTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to behold

Fun fact about 2 Fast 2 Furious,in the movie,the Lancer Evo that Brian drives isn't really an actual Lan Evo.It was just a basic Lancer with body kits to make it look like an Evo b/c during the time of the filming,the next gen Lancer Evo was not yet available.Fun fact about Fast and Furious the Subaru Impreza that Brian drove was barely released before filming of that movie,thus no modifications for it have been released either.The producers had called their old friends,Veilslide (who supplied many body kits in Tokyo Drift) to custom make a Subaru Impreza body kit
Old 12-02-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

haha one of those is equivalent in cost to an entire set of gr-2s.

D-specs are outstanding, an equivalent to koni yellows without the work of inserting them.
Old 12-02-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Originally Posted by Balzdpr
Accident #1 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipes 63mph. in a 35mph., hit house totaled car, bought new Kitchin. "Dont smoke pot while driving".
Name:  weed.gif
Views: 61
Size:  32.5 KB

Old 12-02-2011
Registered!!

okay well how bout this. my budget is around 600 for shocks/struts/everything i need to drop lol
Old 12-02-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

The best budget set-up hands down is koni yellow GC, normally that would be around $1k.

If you can push your budget a bit though, this guy is selling his brand new for $800.
Old 12-02-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MindBomber
The best budget set-up hands down is koni yellow GC, normally that would be around $1k.

If you can push your budget a bit though, this guy is selling his brand new for $800.
this guy...as in you? lol
Old 12-02-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Sorry, I forgot the link haha

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...-bushings.html
Old 12-02-2011
Registered!!

ahh...is that all i would need to install?

HOPEFULLY i can gather up the money before he sells them lol. payday tomorrow!
Old 12-02-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

As long as you don't run into trouble and something unexpected breaks, that's all you need.

Try to get him to throw in the ES kit for a package deal

ES bushings are... amazing
Old 12-02-2011
Registered!!

is this what i need to do to install it???
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...inished-2.html
Old 12-02-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Yes. The cutting is a bit intimidating, but it's really nothing that difficult.
Old 12-02-2011
Registered!!

eh.

i mean yeah konis are great and all ...but id rather have a bolt on no modification alrernative
Old 12-02-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

haha understandable, the budget friendly alternatives are..

Tokico blue -$350
Koni Street -$350
Kyb AGX - $500
Old 12-02-2011
Registered!!

i cant find the koni streets anywhere...any of these?
http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/S...4&autoModClar=
Old 12-02-2011
Registered!!

nevermind i found them...but it still says only fits oem 50mm housings...??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KONI-STR-T-S...#ht_1937wt_794
Old 12-02-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

To be honest, koni streets are insanely popular with sixth gens, but they only relatively recently released them for seventh gens, so I don't know *that* much about them. I don't think they're inserts though, it says 50mm housing, not only fits 50mm housing.
Old 12-02-2011
Registered!!

ahh didnt catch that...what do you think about the price on those?
Old 12-02-2011
Registered!!

n8marsh is an unknown quantity at this point

A bent rim can cause vibration; hitting a curb that hard with 17s could have popped a sidewall ply and bubbled your tire so definitely get it to a shop that can get it in the air to check out the tires, have them balance the wheels that hit and look for bends in the rim.

If you hit hard enough to mess up your alignment (the off center steering) you most likely bent a tie rod or just shifted things around, it could be possible to adjust it with an alignment if its not terrible.

If it is a bent tie rod its replaceable without a ton of work. 7th gen rods are kind of a bitch unfortunately, compared to older and newer gens.
Old 12-02-2011
Registered!!

well there isnt any vibration. but the tires look and feel just fine. i drove back by there earlier and noticed the curb there isnt shaped like a normal curb

normal curb

____l

this curb (kinda angled)

_____/

so maybe its not too bad.

but going to the shop tomorrow for allignment and having them check tie rods and control arms
Old 12-02-2011
Registered!!

n8marsh is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds good, its always hard to tell if a tire bubbled on the inside without getting it in the air and spinning the wheel.

Hopefully its just a minor bend in the tie rods or a shift in suspension and they can adjust it out.

Oh and fast and furious 5 came close to being my favorite.
Old 12-02-2011
Registered!!

yeah i guess ill find out tomorrow.

but yeah one of the best ones of the series...although i wonder if they will make another one. they made it seem like it at the end but maybe they just wanna hype something
Old 12-03-2011
Registered!!

just got my car back from the shop. all tie rods are perfectly straight. control arms are fine, tires are good, just had to adjust the toe to the steering wheel.

i got lucky lol i love my civic
Old 12-03-2011
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

that's good man!
Old 12-03-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Awesome

Quick Reply: this children is why you dont go "drifting" on public roads