Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Need new shocks. Want some suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DMTgen7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Need new shocks. Want some suggestions

Hi. I have an '02 Civic EX. I bought some Tein STech lowering springs (1.5" drop). My stock shocks are shot after 101,000 miles. I want a new shock that will work well with a lowered car and is not too rough. My shocks right now are insanely rough but I'm sure thats due to the age and mileage.
I was at first wanting to get Tokoco HP's just because my friend had some on his '00 Celica and he liked them, but I have read a lot about how Tokico's are crap. I would like a smooth ride if possible but still be able to handle well.
I read about the Tokico Dspecs and Koni Yellows are good because they are adjustable. I don't really know what that means but what are your suggestions?
Thanks.
Old 03-27-2009
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Need new shocks. Want some suggestions

Bilstien. They ain't exactly cheep, but they are dam fine dampers.
Old 03-27-2009
Registered!!

shadymechanic is an unknown quantity at this point

Dude, see what a muffler and brake shop have to offer. They have good stuff and it's usually cheaper. Myabe they can tune it a bit. Alot of mom and pop places do a good job. Don't just spend money on name brand shocks. I like bilsteins. personally.
Old 03-27-2009
Registered!!

DMTgen7 is an unknown quantity at this point

OK well the shocks that a shop may have would they be good enough for a lowered car? I looked up Bilsteins and they are a bit too expensive for me. I would rather not have to pay anyone to install them for me because I have a few friend who can do it for me for free. Are there any other suggestions of maybe a little less expensive shock that will give me a smooth ride? Thanks