Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Sway bar/strut bars

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jason.az1 will become famous soon enough
Sway bar/strut bars

Hey guys Hows it going
I have a 01 ex coupe
I just bought

Ksport GT springs
Ksport Rear camber kit
Ksport Lower control arms
Tokico Shocks

Now I want to buy new sway bars and front,rear,lower strut bar

Which one of these sway bars is better
and Also what is the benifit of haveing a larger sway bar?

Link1 Dezod Motorsports Stage

Link2 Progress Rear Anti-Roll Bar

Now on to front and rear upper Strut bar and lower tie bar
I would like some matching ones and it seems that only
Megan makes them all but Ive never really hurd anything
about Megan so are they a good brand or cheapy ebay ****?

What front,rear,lower bar would you guys suggest?

thanks
Old 04-27-2008
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Sway bar/strut bars

So you buy Ksport over megan and call megan cheap? Same people that make ksport make megan.

First, you haven't even told us why you want these parts.
Second, half this information is in the FAQ.
Third, all you are doing is slapping all these "bars" on your car without really knowing why. It seems to me like you just want some bling and that the more parts you have, the better.

Case in point. You have a lower tie bar. Lower tie bars do NOTHING for handling and are only chassis braces for when you upgrade your rear sway bar. Additionally, you have rear LC arms that do nothing but look pretty. I am not saying not to buy sway bars or strut bars, you just better do some thinking before you do.

Last edited by robbclark1; 04-27-2008 at 08:49 AM.
Old 04-27-2008
the best kind of lovin is from the oven!

ProjectMayhemR will become famous soon enough

Roasted!
Old 04-27-2008
Registered!!

jason.az1 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by robbclark1
So you buy Ksport over megan and call megan cheap? Same people that make ksport make megan.

First, you haven't even told us why you want these parts.
Second, half this information is in the FAQ.
Third, all you are doing is slapping all these "bars" on your car without really knowing why. It seems to me like you just want some bling and that the more parts you have, the better.

Case in point. You have a lower tie bar. Lower tie bars do NOTHING for handling and are only chassis braces for when you upgrade your rear sway bar. Additionally, you have rear LC arms that do nothing but look pretty. I am not saying not to buy sway bars or strut bars, you just better do some thinking before you do.
see i didnt know Ksport made megan Ive never hurd of megan and by just looking at pictures of there product they seem a little cheap almost ebay stuff. so thats why I asked if they are good or not.
Ksports are good I've had their full coilovers before and camber kits before they never let me down, most of my firends rock Ksport
ive also had tein and tell you the truth I think Ksport rides better

I know strutbars dont do anything but looks I've had them before but I was wanting to know is megan the only one who makes matching ones front,rear,lower?

Also I know what sway bars are for.

and yes lca are just there to look nice
I want to have a better suspension to have some fun and maybe on my days off do a little auto X

and on those sway bar links I was asking which is better and what one would you guys get, and why is it better to get a larger swaybar but i was tired and wasnt thinking about it last night at like 3:30-4am I know why.
so which sway bar set up would you get and why???

also since I have a 01 ex with swaybars I dont need anything else when buying new ones right?

sorry i wasnt clear enough, ill be searching and waiting for reply thanks everyone

Last edited by jason.az1; 04-27-2008 at 03:56 PM.
Old 04-27-2008

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jason.az1
see i didnt know Ksport made megan Ive never hurd of megan and by just looking at pictures of there product they seem a little cheap almost ebay stuff. so thats why I asked if they are good or not.
Ksports are good I've had their full coilovers before and camber kits before they never let me down, most of my firends rock Ksport
ive also had tein and tell you the truth I think Ksport rides better

I know strutbars dont do anything but looks I've had them before but I was wanting to know is megan the only one who makes matching ones front,rear,lower?

Also I know what sway bars are for.

and yes lca are just there to look nice
I want to have a better suspension to have some fun and maybe on my days off do a little auto X

and on those sway bar links I was asking which is better and what one would you guys get, and why is it better to get a larger swaybar but i was tired and wasnt thinking about it last night at like 3:30-4am I know why.
so which sway bar set up would you get and why???

also since I have a 01 ex with swaybars I dont need anything else when buying new ones right?

sorry i wasnt clear enough, ill be searching and waiting for reply thanks everyone
Ksports, F&F, D2, megan, are all generic coilovers. They are fine for looks and ride decently well, but are by no means racing material.

If you get sway bars, you have endlinks, so you don't need anything else.

A sway bar is a sway bar. You go by diameter and whether it is hollow or solid. Here is the formula for % increased stiffness (but it doesn't take into account solid or hollow)
http://www.kormanfastbmw.com/tantiswa.htm

You have a 1" front sway bar. So making it larger is pointless. Just stick with a 22mm or 24mm progress rear bar.

In terms of a "matching" set of tie bars, I guess megan is the only one. You should buy parts that fit your needs, not ones that "match" but again, I don't do the show or "bling" route.
Old 04-27-2008
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough

^^ thisis why he gets payed the big bucks
Old 04-27-2008
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

just get rsx rear sway bar with dezod endlinks. great for daily driving.
Old 04-27-2008
Registered!!

dswami1 will become famous soon enough

i wouldn't get the rear 05-06 RSX S bar tho... it would prob hit ur exhaust (it hit mine)... That bar actually looks like its a little too short for our civics, its shorter than the stock civic bar... anyone know if the 19mm 04 RSX bar is a better fit?
Old 04-27-2008
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute

the 19mm bar fits. i have one on my sedan.
Old 04-27-2008
Diamond Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light

i have a 19mm coming
Old 04-27-2008
Registered!!

MrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jason.az1
Hey guys Hows it going
I have a 01 ex coupe
I just bought

Ksport GT springs
Ksport Rear camber kit
Ksport Lower control arms
Tokico Shocks

Now I want to buy new sway bars and front,rear,lower strut bar

Which one of these sway bars is better
and Also what is the benifit of haveing a larger sway bar?

Link1 Dezod Motorsports Stage

Link2 Progress Rear Anti-Roll Bar

Now on to front and rear upper Strut bar and lower tie bar
I would like some matching ones and it seems that only
Megan makes them all but Ive never really hurd anything
about Megan so are they a good brand or cheapy ebay ****?

What front,rear,lower bar would you guys suggest?

thanks
http://www.jdmcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4704

good luck
Old 04-27-2008

Originally Posted by boxcarracer
^^ thisis why he gets payed the big bucks
not any more

To comment on the 19mm bar. I had that bar. It felt good, but not nearly as good as the 24mm bar. I am not saying everyone needs a 24mm bar but the comptech or progress 22mm bars or the 05+ RSX-S 21mm bars would be a good upgrade.
Old 04-27-2008
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dswami1
i wouldn't get the rear 05-06 RSX S bar tho... it would prob hit ur exhaust (it hit mine)... That bar actually looks like its a little too short for our civics, its shorter than the stock civic bar... anyone know if the 19mm 04 RSX bar is a better fit?
if the bar hit your exhaust, either something is wrong with your exhaust or you put the sway bar on backwards. It should fit fine. It's the same as the 02-04 jsut a tad bigger. 19mm to 21mm. Should not have any problems
Old 04-28-2008
Registered!!

mrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of light

Ksports, F&F, D2, megan, are all generic coilovers. They are fine for looks and ride decently well, but are by no means racing material.

If you get sway bars, you have endlinks, so you don't need anything else.

A sway bar is a sway bar. You go by diameter and whether it is hollow or solid. Here is the formula for % increased stiffness (but it doesn't take into account solid or hollow)
http://www.kormanfastbmw.com/tantiswa.htm

You have a 1" front sway bar. So making it larger is pointless. Just stick with a 22mm or 24mm progress rear bar.

In terms of a "matching" set of tie bars, I guess megan is the only one. You should buy parts that fit your needs, not ones that "match" but again, I don't do the show or "bling" route.

completely agree with you except for megan... well the megan track series coilovers that is. I've heard good things about them and people who actually track their cars with megans. As for the rest of the coilovers, d2, ksport, and f2, these coilovers are all produced in the same factory in taiwan. complete junk when it comes to track but okay for just daily driving and street
Old 04-28-2008

Originally Posted by D5cIvIc
if the bar hit your exhaust, either something is wrong with your exhaust or you put the sway bar on backwards. It should fit fine. It's the same as the 02-04 jsut a tad bigger. 19mm to 21mm. Should not have any problems
When you lower the car and you have an aftermarket exhaust, the rear sway bar and the exhaust hit each other. It is a common problem even with the 19mm sway bar.

mrtrinh megan has to earn their reputation. Sure people track their cars with all these suspensions. That doesn't make them good or bad suspensions. But the ones that rule real racing are koni, ohlins, bilstein, moton, KW, penske, along with swift and eibach springs (list is obviously not complete). Compared to these products, Megan does not hold a lick in the area of research and development because they don't develop most of their own products yet. I am not saying they are bad suspensions for the average tuner, just that the verdict is still out on whether they are race worthy.
Old 04-28-2008
Falken Master

cwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nice

Why are you sticking with those companies for strut braces?

why not go like Neuspeed Front Strut, NRG Rear Strut, Progress Rear Sway, Neuspeed Rear Tie Bar, and Progress Front Sway. if u need them to match, spray paint them and rip the stickers off
Old 04-28-2008
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light

When you lower the car and you have an aftermarket exhaust, the rear sway bar and the exhaust hit each other. It is a common problem even with the 19mm sway bar.

mrtrinh megan has to earn their reputation. Sure people track their cars with all these suspensions. That doesn't make them good or bad suspensions. But the ones that rule real racing are koni, ohlins, bilstein, moton, KW, penske, along with swift and eibach springs (list is obviously not complete). Compared to these products, Megan does not hold a lick in the area of research and development because they don't develop most of their own products yet. I am not saying they are bad suspensions for the average tuner, just that the verdict is still out on whether they are race worthy.
that's odd bc i was dropped all the way flushed with 17s before on tein basics and had an evo 2. NEVER had a problem with it hitting anything
Old 04-28-2008

Originally Posted by D5cIvIc
that's odd bc i was dropped all the way flushed with 17s before on tein basics and had an evo 2. NEVER had a problem with it hitting anything
some exhausts have better bends than others, but it is a common problem for many em2/es1/dc5/ep3 owners
Old 06-03-2008
Registered!!

emjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the rough

old thread but i was just reading ... kw v1 , v2, tein basics, tein SS ?? rank those from best to worst rob im going for performance ... my megan's suck they are jus good for looks like u said