Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

No One Knows! Do You???

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zerohnine is an unknown quantity at this point
No One Knows! Do You???

I need to get new tires and an alignment (I have an SPC Camber kit). I also have to get a new clutch installed. I've called several shops, as well as Honda, and they've said that I should wait on getting new tires and the alignment until after the clutch is installed. I should do this because when the clutch is installed, the transmission will likely be dropped, which will likely **** up the alignment. I don't know if this is correct. Normally, I'd wait to get the tires and alignment after the clutch is installed, but I can't wait any longer. One of my tires has a nail and it cannot be repaired (This tire constantly leaks) (Also, my tires are bald)! Also, I don't want to get new tires without immediately getting the alignment. Does anyone know if lowering the transmission ****s up the alignment? Thanks.
Old 01-08-2007
Registered!!

mr.rowdy is an unknown quantity at this point
When I got my new tranny i had to get the alignment... so imo i would say yeah
Old 01-08-2007
Registered!!

zonk is an unknown quantity at this point
yes is screws up your alignment, i'd wait, maybe get some used or el cheapo tires for now and then get the tire you need afterwards. i keep a set of steelies with my winter tires on there and i run them whenever my alignment is getting pretty bad till i can get time to get it aligned