Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Does this Neuspeed Sport drop look normal?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sponjey is an unknown quantity at this point
Does this Neuspeed Sport drop look normal?

so i dropped my 01 this past weekend on neuspeed sports with tokico blues and spc camber kit. immediately after i took my civy off the jack stands, the fronts looked fine but the rears looked higher than the stock. i threw my tools in the trunk and took it for a very slow, short test drive around the block. after that, the fronts looked the same, but the rears dropped super low. the tires are in the wheel well. i'd be happy if that's what was supposed to happen, but they're way lower than 1.5" and this is only after maybe 30min of settle time.

has anyone experienced this or have any idea what might've happened?

also, whenever i went over bumps, the fronts sounded kind of clunky like something was loose. i haven't driven the car after that.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	frontpost.JPG
Views:	248
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	67287   Click image for larger version

Name:	rearpost.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	67288  
Old 07-19-2006
Registered!!

NOTORIOUZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Normal

the clunking is normal, the reason is your sport springs are shorter then stock and there more coiled. So whenever u go over a bump or dip your springs hit against each other. Just get some coil wrap. I have that same sound to
Old 07-19-2006
Registered!!

InanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enoughInanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enough
The back looks way too low to me. How much stuff do you have in your trunk?

Clunky front: Did you wrap the bottom of the spring coils? (the OEM springs have a wrap glued onto the bottom).
Old 07-19-2006
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
yea the back seems too low, i have like a 1 1/2 finger gap all around with 18" rims
Old 07-19-2006
Registered!!

i guess i'll have to get a coil wrap for my fronts for the clunking. is there a kind that i can use that doesn't entail taking everything out again?

i don't have a system in my trunk. the only things i have back there are the equipment i used to lower: 4 jackstands, hydraulic floor jack, torque wrench, creeper, small ratchet set, and the jumper cables i always keep back there.

would those things make it drop that much?
Old 07-19-2006

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
why dont you take the stuff out and see
Old 07-19-2006
Registered!!

haha, that would be the most logical thing to do, but i literally had to run the airport an hour after i finished. i'll be able to do that when i get back tomorrow night.

when you guys have someone sitting in your back seat, does it dip that low? all the stuff i had in my trunk wouldn't even equal the weight of one person.
Old 07-19-2006

sometimes, but when there is one passenger or one in the back it kinda sags but they only weigh like 100 or so...i scrape a lot more
Old 07-19-2006
Registered!!

so i pretty much can't have a full car...poo
Old 07-19-2006

i would rather have a nice looking car than fill it with people
Old 07-19-2006
Registered!!

Civic_2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
My sport lines are like that looks normal
Old 07-21-2006
Registered!!

half_n_half17 is an unknown quantity at this point
I had the same damn thing happen to me, and I know it isn't blown shocks because I've got tokico blues on. I don't know if neuspeed is known for sagging springs but my set up looks exactly the same and I'm totally unhappy.
Old 07-21-2006
Registered!!

greenEX will become famous soon enoughgreenEX will become famous soon enough
sorry to say but this is the name of the game with springs. Its hard to know if they will settle right. Get coilovers so u can dial in your drop to your specifications. And for a good ride as well get full coilovers, adjustability and ride quality.
I had springs on my civic hatch and they had my tires rubbing in the front and my rear was near normail ride height.
Old 07-22-2006
Registered!!

well, i just got back home and took all the junk out of my trunk. i forgot that i also threw my stock shocks and springs in there too, but civy didn't come up much. i still have no finger gap in the back. my fronts have settled to a one-finger gap. looks nice, but it still worries me that it's twice as low as the specs give.
Old 07-22-2006
Registered!!

DaSilverCivic will become famous soon enough
i think it seems kinda normal with neuspeeds. i have the exact same set up and the same deal happened to me. i got rid of the firestones and put 205/50/15 falkens on and let me tell you, it made a hell of a difference. for one, its a smoother ride and secondly, a cleaner look. for some reason, on an even surface, my car seemed even all around, some times the driver side would look lower but i think all hondas are like that.
Old 07-25-2006
Slowest 7thgen in the GTA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
phuviano has a spectacular aura aboutphuviano has a spectacular aura about
Hey, that's how neuspeeds sports are.

My car looks the same. The back didn't settle till afterwards, just like on your car. I've had mine on since February.

Here's a pic of my ride. It sorta looks funny with back with less gap than the front, but I really don't mind it that much.

Old 07-25-2006
Registered!!

interesting. yeah, that's pretty much how mine looks, but i'd say i have a negative 1 finger gap in the rears now that it's settled after a week.
Old 07-25-2006

Originally Posted by sponjey
interesting. yeah, that's pretty much how mine looks, but i'd say i have a negative 1 finger gap in the rears now that it's settled after a week.
I guess that also depends on your tire size, and even your alignment.

I have a rear camber kit as well, I heard that affects it as well.
Old 07-25-2006
Registered!!

i still have my stock tires and also have the spc camber kit installed
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	afterfull.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	67362  

Last edited by sponjey; 07-25-2006 at 01:28 AM.
Old 07-25-2006
Registered!!

SEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of light
It doesn't look like it's sagging. Is it rubbing? It looks good to me.
Old 07-25-2006
Registered!!

nope, no rubbing. actually, the ride is pretty great. i'd say better than stock, and i even had two 150+ lbs guys and a 100lb girl in the car while going over some pretty bad bumps.
Old 07-25-2006
Registered!!

EBP EX will become famous soon enoughEBP EX will become famous soon enough
i have neuspeed sports with kyb agx shocks and my front appears a little bit higher than the back, but the back is nowhere near that low on my car.

these are pics taken about 5 hours after i lowered it.
back:

front:

Last edited by EBP EX; 07-25-2006 at 03:51 AM.
Old 07-25-2006
Registered!!

phuviano,
do you happen to remember if you tightened the top rear strut bolts the same as before?

wouldn't tightening them compress the springs more, which would in turn make it a lower drop?

i forgot to note how many threads were showing before, so i left 6 threads like my fronts.
Old 07-26-2006

phuviano,
do you happen to remember if you tightened the top rear strut bolts the same as before?

wouldn't tightening them compress the springs more, which would in turn make it a lower drop?

i forgot to note how many threads were showing before, so i left 6 threads like my fronts.
Sorry not sure how many threads are suppose to be showing on the rears. My friend did most of the install for me, but I was there when he did it. Actually my friend didn't do a good job on the install, because he left those nuts too loose. After driving for a bit after my install, the nuts on the rears starting to loosen. I tighten these myself, but I don't now how many threads are showing. Ever since I tighten these, the nuts don't come loose any more.

The actual torque spec for that nut is in the suspension FAQ at the top for the suspension forum page. I think it said 45ft/lbs of torque, or something close to that.
Old 07-26-2006
Registered!!

yeah, i saw the torque specs, but the torque wrench i borrowed from my friend was rated 80lbs and up. the nut in the middle seemed to be up to you how tight you want it, since it compresses the spring.
Old 07-27-2006
I have the OEM version of weight reduction. DX

EŽik will become famous soon enoughEŽik will become famous soon enough

Thats a damn good question Sponjey. I have Neuspeed sports as well, had them in for two and a half years, and I've never liked the way my car sat in the front. I always thought it sat a little too high. If it's just a question of getting those bolts re-tightened to fix the gap maybe I won't have to change springs
Old 07-27-2006
Registered!!

ashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MIDNIGHT EX
i have neuspeed sports with kyb agx shocks and my front appears a little bit higher than the back, but the back is nowhere near that low on my car.

these are pics taken about 5 hours after i lowered it.
back:

front:
now THAT looks like a Neuspeed Sport drop.

Sponjey, are you sure you have Neuspeed sports? Your drop looks like Neuspeed race. What colour are your springs?

Yellow= race
Green= sport

thats the colour coding I believe, let us know, because when I had my NEuspeed race, it sat exactly like yours. When I got the Neuspeed box it said 'Neuspeed Sport Springs', so you could have been mislead by the box. Just a suggestion, but find out for sure.
Old 07-27-2006

you cant go by color, my sports were red
Old 07-27-2006
Registered!!

ashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by RHCP0801
you cant go by color, my sports were red
Race is known to be yellow.
Old 07-27-2006

yea i think just the race is one color but the sports are all different...by the way here is my neuspeed sport drop with tokico blues...no sagging for me

Last edited by RHCP0801; 07-27-2006 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quick Reply: Does this Neuspeed Sport drop look normal?