Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

I'm going Pro

Old 06-07-2006
I like my commute

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light
I'm going Pro

Just ordered the Eibach Pro-Kit for my 04' Sedan I'm going to get it professionally installed after hearing numerous horror stories of DIY-ers. In order to avoid getting ripped off I was wondering if I could hear some of the quotes you guys paid for your spring replacements (on stock struts and springs.) Also, is an allignment necessary... thx in advance

Car at the moment:

Last edited by Kevbotron; 06-07-2006 at 03:59 PM.
Old 06-07-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
you should alweays have your car aligned after you modify the suspension, but do yourself a favor and wait until you drive it about 1000 miles to give the car some wear on the springs so you don't have to do it again.
Old 06-07-2006
Don't be a n00b, search ftw
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
I charged my friend 100 dollars for me to do the install. Honestly, you could do it yourself and save money, but if you're not comfortable doing it, then...I'd say around 150 professionally would be a good price
Old 06-07-2006
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks for the advice you guys, I just don't want to damage something as important as the suspension by doing it myself being as unfamiliar as I am with it; 100-150$ seems a fair cost to get the job done right imo.
Old 06-07-2006
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
i paid a shop $100 to install my springs.
Old 06-07-2006
I like my commute

^^^ Nice price, your ssm sedan looks great btw! The blacked out headlights look great w/ ssm, it's next on my list to get done, and it's a nice n' cheap mod as opposed to the drop
Old 06-07-2006
Registered!!

miklovo is an unknown quantity at this point
When I had mine done I paid $340 for the springs, install and all future alignments/re-torques. I took the car back at 150 and 1000 miles for alignment and re-torque adjustments. That was about 2 years ago...ironically, my car's back in the shop today to go lower and install a much-needed camber kit.
Old 06-07-2006
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man!

EXsmellsbetter has a spectacular aura aboutEXsmellsbetter has a spectacular aura aboutEXsmellsbetter has a spectacular aura about
I paid 175 for a shop to install shocks and springs and it was totally worth it because they had to bore out a couple of holes and it sounded like it sucked from the waiting room.
Old 06-07-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
did mine all myself minus the alignment
Old 06-07-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
free under warranty
Old 06-08-2006
I like my commute

Originally Posted by diskreet
free under warranty
Whoa are you serious? how'd you manage that one?
Old 06-08-2006
let the devil out

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
I did my own springs , others springs and coilovers even its not hard or a horror story at all
Old 06-08-2006
I like my commute

^^^ The horror stories come from people who are in over their head... which is where I would be wish I had some buddies around here who gave a $hit about cars (they all laugh at my civic btw)
Old 06-08-2006

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
If you drive on a lot of snow and ice during the year and in a place that puts down road salt, I would probably take it to a shop...Salt tends to make things very hard to take apart without an impact wrench. But luckily my car came from Oregon, so it wasn't that hard. Some of the bolts were just tight because they'd never been taken off...
Old 06-08-2006
I like my commute

haha In the winter everyone drives white cars... yeah they go a little crazy w/ the rock salt My sister lives in Portland OR, there are very wussy drivers out there
Old 06-08-2006

Where I live, we barely get 2 inches of snow per winter...And that's spread out over 4-5 snowfalls. Sometimes there are some really over-cautions drivers out there, that's why I have 5 gears and a middle finger
Old 06-10-2006
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
First of all, "professional" does NOT mean done right. It means you pay someone else for the opportunity to **** it up.
Unless you know of a shop that has done work on the 2001-up Civic/RSX platform before they worked on yours, don't assume they know what they're doing. Its sufficient to say its not normal and its unlike any other Honda platform, so even a honda shop may be a little clueless when they see it for the first time.

Scary stuff aside, its not a hard job to do, and if you're handy with cars, its easily done with a friend.
price would depend on the labor rate locally. I'd say if you paid for more than 2 hrs of labor to a shop with air tools, its a ripoff.
If you decide to do it yourself with hand tools, it'll probably take 3-4 hrs.
Old 06-10-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
do it your damn self man. save the 200 bucks. thats what i got quoted for and i said "forget that" it took me a day and a few people cause i was a noob at it, but i did it. the alignment cost the most. 60 bucks. big deal. anyway, just do it yourself. that way when YOU mess up, you can't get mad at anyone but yourself hahaha.
btw, let the springs settle if they are new. meaning do for a spirited drive, do some twists and turns. when you take it off the jack stands, it won't look dropped till you drive it a mile or 2 at least.
Old 06-10-2006
I like my commute

The only car related installation I've done is install my SRI and Fog Lamps thats it. For that reason I feel a shop will do a better job than myself, as I also lack a lot of the tools needed for the install. I would LOVE to keep 200 bucks in my pocket but it's not worth the worry down the road. Thanks for the advice about finding a shop familiar with honda/acura... never thought of that, but are hondas/acuras all that different than other car manufacturers?
Old 06-10-2006

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
eh, im telling you just look at the DIY on this site. the tools are simple. you can go get "loaner tools" at advanced auto parts or autozone. a shop does not give a **** about your car. remember that next time you go in. i mean its your choice, i would not trust my car with shop people though...things have happened.
to ask if honda/acura is different than other car makers is a stupid question. the answer is yes.
Old 06-10-2006
Registered!!

CIVIC X3 is on a distinguished road
dunt for the camber kit....
Old 06-10-2006
I like my commute

Originally Posted by MajinB
eh, im telling you just look at the DIY on this site. the tools are simple. you can go get "loaner tools" at advanced auto parts or autozone. a shop does not give a **** about your car. remember that next time you go in. i mean its your choice, i would not trust my car with shop people though...things have happened.
to ask if honda/acura is different than other car makers is a stupid question. the answer is yes.
They better give a **** if I am to pay them! but yeah you have a point about other people touching your car; the only reason why I'm leaning towards a shop is the fact that they PROBABLY would do a better job as they have hands on experience not just directions. If I didnt think there was a difference between a ford/gm vehicle and a honda/acura I wouldn't have the civic I meant suspension wise... springs/struts/shocks are just about the same on both sides of the river right?

dunt for the camber kit....
What's that about a camber kit?
Old 06-10-2006

no, every car part is lets say "unique" to their own manufacturer. don't expect to throw a starter from a GM onto a civic...lol its funny. i guess basics are the same. but even brake systems are different with every company.
Old 06-10-2006
Living Life Turn After Turn

04civic07 will become famous soon enough04civic07 will become famous soon enough
uh... i paid 80 to have a shop change out my springs and 40 for a 4 wheel alignment, so theres an idea so you dont get too ripped off
Old 06-11-2006
Registered!!

2k1_sedan is an unknown quantity at this point
when I was looking I was quoted 100/per corner for the springs and shocks. Keep in mind it was a place that specializes in Hondas/Acuras, not one of those shady places that are run out of a back alley.
Old 06-12-2006
Sam18

Originally Posted by 04civic07
uh... i paid 80 to have a shop change out my springs and 40 for a 4 wheel alignment, so theres an idea so you dont get too ripped off
Thats what I pay too. There is absolutely no need to pay more and if you are quoted more go elsewhere!
Old 06-12-2006

my qoute was 200. without the alignment
Old 06-15-2006
I like my commute

FINALLY got it dropped! I paid 175, but owell the results are totally worth it, I'm lovin the newly paved back roads!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 001.jpg
Views:	854
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	66792   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 003.jpg
Views:	952
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	66793   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 004.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	66794  
Old 06-15-2006
Registered!!

R3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to all
what size tire are you running?
Old 06-15-2006
I like my commute

205/40z17