Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Tein Spring Fraud Alert

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Tein Spring Fraud Alert

Read attachment
Attached Files
Old 03-30-2006
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of light
damn, good thing i got mine wayy back. good heads up!
Old 03-30-2006
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
ebay is already known for selling garbage....... hope no one gets involved in this
Old 03-30-2006
Registered!!

gaugeof12 has a spectacular aura aboutgaugeof12 has a spectacular aura about
Knock off exhausts are one thing. However making knock off springs that could endanger someones life is F'ed up!!
Old 03-30-2006
Registered!!

jfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by gaugeof12
Knock off exhausts are one thing. However making knock off springs that could endanger someones life is F'ed up!!
For real man, people are so selfish these days they'd do anything to anybody to make a quick buck. That is such a shame.
Old 03-30-2006
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Yet another reason not to buy car parts from ebay. First the Apexi timers, now this.... support the dealers peeps... the extra $10 guarantees real parts.
Old 03-30-2006
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Boilermaker1
Yet another reason not to buy car parts from ebay. First the Apexi timers, now this.... support the dealers peeps... the extra $10 guarantees real parts.
i keep seeing this apexi timers thing referenced, what is it about?
Old 03-30-2006
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
Apexi had someone make a shat load of knock off turbo timers. They looked similar, but they put out a stat sheets that showed uyou the difference between the real time rand the knock off. I'm sure someone will post the link to the thread, or the pdf file from Apexi.
Old 03-31-2006
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Just go to Apexi.com they've got a release on it. Basically someone's selling Apexi TTs with no electronics in them.

I'm to lazy to copy picture links.... see post #1
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1577519

Last edited by Boilermaker1; 03-31-2006 at 05:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-01-2006
Registered!!

CrazyAznRacer is an unknown quantity at this point
ive seen that Apex'i counterfeit thing before...i can't believe how ****ed up people will be just to make money and to damage someone's well made money on their cars....what *******s, but this spring counterfeit is sooo dangerous; it could kill someone
Old 04-01-2006
Banned

spoonJDMlX is an unknown quantity at this point
hm, i have to go look on my box now......tho the springs say tein on it, never know :-\
Old 04-01-2006
Registered!!

Gammarus is an unknown quantity at this point
son of a..... and I just purchased my springs from a ebay dealer and this comes out??!? I havent installed them yet but I guess good thing I havent I will take a look at them when I get home. I wonder if there is some sort of replacement policy that they are offering which I doubt because I didnt read anything about that. DAMNIT! something tells me that mine are fake I dont know why but i got a feeling that they are. I will post my info when I check them out.
Old 04-03-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
eh, don't hate on ebay. there is nothing wrong with it. i got my real s techs on there. you can't get mad at ebay, get mad at the people who sell crap on there and the people who choose to buy it.
Old 04-03-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
ya you cant buy stuff like that on ebay. if you want name brand parts, look at the vendors here that actually have a rep for selling. hint hint buy from dezod.
Old 04-03-2006

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
yes you can buy stuff like that on ebay. you just have to be smart about it.
Old 04-03-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
i could've never seen a difference between real and fake except that stupid sticker they threw on lol.
Old 04-04-2006
Registered!!

ill02civic will become famous soon enoughill02civic will become famous soon enough
good **** ...
Old 04-04-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
We're always lookin out for you guys!
Old 04-04-2006
Registered!!

Coloraduh_Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
I just bought S-techs yesterday on ebay.... Son of a bitch.
Old 04-04-2006
Registered!!

xbeebop is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by MajinB
yes you can buy stuff like that on ebay. you just have to be smart about it.
exactly...just because there are fakes on ebay doesnt mean everything is fake.
Old 04-04-2006
There is gl@ss in my @SS...

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
xbeebop, MajinB, it doesn't matter how hard you look at them, people will claim 100% that they are the real deal, if this wouldn't have come out you would never have known about it. Although ebay is good to get stuff off of, it can bite you in the *** in the long run.
Old 04-04-2006
250+ awhp Stage 2

SLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by CuRiOuSfIsH
hope no one gets involved in this
OH ****! I might need to go check my Teins I bought off Ebay like a few months ago. This could be bad. I might cry when I get home this weekend.
Old 04-04-2006
Registered!!

DaddyFatSacks is an unknown quantity at this point
I suppose if the price is to good to be true it probably is right!
Old 04-04-2006
Registered!!

kornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the rough
**** i should check my h-techs i got too. ebay is so damn shady.
Old 04-04-2006
Premium Member

just look for the lil sticker haha
Old 04-04-2006

Originally Posted by drew22mader
xbeebop, MajinB, it doesn't matter how hard you look at them, people will claim 100% that they are the real deal, if this wouldn't have come out you would never have known about it. Although ebay is good to get stuff off of, it can bite you in the *** in the long run.
it is ebay's respobsibility to bust the "fake" stuff. let people claim all they want, in the end its the person who buys the stuff that is at fault. ebay IS a risk, fine, but ive taken the risk plenty of times and have had maybe one problem that got solved.
people who are stupid should not ebay. if the dude has no feedback, im not gonna bid. check the rating. its not there just because. and i would rather get the same **** for almost half the price, then spend the rest on more. just my thoughts.
don't blame ebay. its not their fault asshats are taking advantage of a good thing.
Old 04-04-2006
Registered!!

kingofheartz will become famous soon enoughkingofheartz will become famous soon enough
ebay can be scary, but i love it, its like gambling =P
Old 04-04-2006
Premium Member

ebay doesn't do crap about fraud. the worst they do is ban the user if there are alot of complaints. dont think like the person is going to jail or paying a fine. hes just signing up as a different user and starting over.
Old 04-04-2006

dude give me a break. "ebay at your own risk" don't hate on it for no reason.
Old 04-04-2006
Registered!!

Gammarus is an unknown quantity at this point
well here is an update. I checked the my s techs and it turns out that they were real but I still wasnt sure. So this past weekend was the formula D drift show in long beach and I Just happened to have the set with me so I took them to the tein booth and asked them to verify and indeed they were real. SO THANK GOD!! Thats a load of my mind.

Quick Reply: Tein Spring Fraud Alert