Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Cutting eibach's??

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5.0calypso93lx is an unknown quantity at this point
Cutting eibach's??

I'm not liking how far the eibach sportlines dropped my g/f's 01 coupe. Needs to be much lower. They've only been on the car for two days now, but i have a hard time believing they will drop 1" in the front.

So my question is this,

How much should i cut for a 1" farther drop, and how will this affect the springs/car? The ride quality already sucks so thats not a big problem, but i just would like to know if this will cause premature wear on the koni struts/front suspension.
Old 03-19-2006
250+ awhp Stage 2

SLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant future
HAHA why in hell would you cut springs are you just asking for further expenses? Cutting springs is one of the stupidest things you can do. Just buy new springs.
Old 03-19-2006
Registered!!

2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice
retard...
Old 03-19-2006
I spend way too much time on this website

LowSky is an unknown quantity at this point
dont sportline drop the car about 1.5" all around... if you want it any lower your going to need full coilovers...
Old 03-19-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 2k2civ34
HAHA why in hell would you cut springs are you just asking for further expenses? Cutting springs is one of the stupidest things you can do. Just buy new springs.
And why is this? The car is higher in the front than in the rear. I would just like to know why my expenses would be higher and why that is one of the stupidest things, even though i've run cut springs on my car for over 80k miles...

Originally Posted by 2k1civic01
retard...
Guys like you are so helpful to the site...

Last edited by 5.0calypso93lx; 03-19-2006 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-19-2006
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough
silly ur not suppost to cut springs it gets ruined later on ....just dont do it and him saying ahaha and being gay making fun of u he should explain what happens when u cut springs
Old 03-19-2006
I hope I offend you... Get mad

Slow Gold will become famous soon enoughSlow Gold will become famous soon enough
i have never been a fan of cutting spring myself... reason being it mess's with the spring rate... meaning you have a spring that is meant for a 2 inch drop or whatever and it take a certain amount of force to push it down. then you cut it and mess that whole ratio up. and how do people cut springs all at the exact same height thats what i wanna know.
Old 03-19-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Slow Gold
i have never been a fan of cutting spring myself... reason being it mess's with the spring rate... meaning you have a spring that is meant for a 2 inch drop or whatever and it take a certain amount of force to push it down. then you cut it and mess that whole ratio up. and how do people cut springs all at the exact same height thats what i wanna know.
I appreciate the first logical answer in this thread so far.

Here is the problem(front much higher than the rear):

Last edited by 5.0calypso93lx; 03-19-2006 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-19-2006
Registered!!

DUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura about
Yeah it is.. Well ur lucky cuz my car is 0.5" higher on the front pasangers side then the front drivers side.. " i have coil overs and the front is droped down all the say on both.." ahah its soo gay.. anyone know why?
Old 03-19-2006
CIVIC USER

jbrown59 should not be trustedjbrown59 should not be trustedjbrown59 should not be trustedjbrown59 should not be trustedjbrown59 should not be trusted
Originally Posted by 2k1civic01
retard...
Seriously, the both of you have nothing to offer to this site. If you have information then post it. Nobody is above or below anybody, we are just trying to share what we know and learn off eachother. If you really have to be a jack *** about it then do it on some other forum.
Old 03-19-2006
250+ awhp Stage 2

SLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by jbrown59
Seriously, the both of you have nothing to offer to this site. If you have information then post it. Nobody is above or below anybody, we are just trying to share what we know and learn off eachother. If you really have to be a jack *** about it then do it on some other forum.
I did have info to add. I told him not to cut them because in the long run it would cause him more expenses and also to buy new springs. Or did y'all not read what I wrote?
Old 03-19-2006
Registered!!

I did have info to add. I told him not to cut them because in the long run it would cause him more expenses and also to buy new springs. Or did y'all not read what I wrote?

I think he's refering to the smart *** attitude and no explanation of why it would hurt the car. Here's your head shake
Old 03-19-2006
250+ awhp Stage 2

Originally Posted by 5.0calypso93lx
I think he's refering to the smart *** attitude and no explanation of why it would hurt the car. Here's your head shake
Ok here are some explanations if y'all are going to cry about it. 1st, heating and or cutting will make them un-even. There is almost no way to get around the un-even cut. 2nd, you could blow your struts. 3rd, it is just plain stupid to cut them.
Old 03-19-2006
Registered!!

Ok here are some explanations if y'all are going to cry about it. 1st, heating and or cutting will make them un-even. There is almost no way to get around the un-even cut. 2nd, you could blow your struts. 3rd, it is just plain stupid to cut them.
I could def. understand where heating them could cause problems, but how hard could it be to make an even cut on both of them?? Put them side by side, cut each one at the same angle at the same spot, done.
Old 03-19-2006
250+ awhp Stage 2

I could def. understand where heating them could cause problems, but how hard could it be to make an even cut on both of them?? Put them side by side, cut each one at the same angle at the same spot, done.
My friend had a muffler shop cut his too, measured even right next to each other and BAM! about 2 weeks later one side was lower than the other. I don't know what causes it, but for some reason it weakened part of the spring.
Old 03-19-2006
Registered!!

My friend had a muffler shop cut his too, measured even right next to each other and BAM! about 2 weeks later one side was lower than the other. I don't know what causes it, but for some reason it weakened part of the spring.
Well thanks for all your guys input. Hopefully these things will settle or i don't know what i'm gonna do.

One more thing though, if a big sub box is in the trunk with two 12"s, could that be the reason the rear is lower than the front?
Old 03-19-2006
250+ awhp Stage 2

Well thanks for all your guys input. Hopefully these things will settle or i don't know what i'm gonna do.

One more thing though, if a big sub box is in the trunk with two 12"s, could that be the reason the rear is lower than the front?
Yes, I am tucking my rear wheels when I have my system in and I only have 1 15 inch sub and when it is out, I have a 2 finger gap. Not to mention all Hondas have SAS (saggy *** syndrome)
Old 03-19-2006
Registered!!

DUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura about
wow! yah lol... weight.... just like if u had people sitin n ur back seat ur car in the back goes down more...
Old 03-20-2006
I hope I offend you... Get mad

Slow Gold will become famous soon enoughSlow Gold will become famous soon enough
for some odd reason i think a lot of people have the same problem you do... being that the front is higher then the back. im pretty sure mine is the same way my rear wheels tuck and the front ones dont. hm. im wondering if i buy a camber kit for the rear if it will take the illusion away some. because here the even odder part. measure your ground clearance from all the jacking points now just for ***** and giggles. btw inca is the only way to go
Old 03-20-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Slow Gold
for some odd reason i think a lot of people have the same problem you do... being that the front is higher then the back. im pretty sure mine is the same way my rear wheels tuck and the front ones dont. hm. im wondering if i buy a camber kit for the rear if it will take the illusion away some. because here the even odder part. measure your ground clearance from all the jacking points now just for ***** and giggles. btw inca is the only way to go
I have an spc front and rear kit on the way. The rear wheels are going to need some serious adjustment, but the fronts are too bad. But i don't think its going to raise the back up too much. I think i'm just going to wait one more week, and if nothing happens, i'm gonna cut a dead coil off on both sides of the front.
Old 03-20-2006
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light
Just dont cut um,heat um or anything like that. You will only make your car look lopsided or something..\ \ or / \ or / / somthing like that. just wont ever be right, you'll end up regreting it, when you could have just sold the springs and got new ones. Or just wait till the settle in cause they will drop. Besides the fact that it is just the GHETTO way to do thing...

But till the settle you could just drive around with a 1/4 of a tank of gas all the time.
Old 03-20-2006
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
flotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by DUDEitsMATTx
Yeah it is.. Well ur lucky cuz my car is 0.5" higher on the front pasangers side then the front drivers side.. " i have coil overs and the front is droped down all the say on both.." ahah its soo gay.. anyone know why?

This is normal. There a TSB that even states this. The left side of the car is heavier then the right side.

For the original poster, you can make the rear higher to even out the stance if you have Konis in the back. Konis come with two settings, the higher one is called the "towing" position. To use this setting, you have move the circlip to the upper groove under the lower spring perch.

To me, looks like you have a heavy stereo in the back..
Old 03-20-2006
Registered!!

bickford05 is an unknown quantity at this point
If you end up going with new springs, the neuspeed race springs are 2.5'' front 2'' rear if i remember right, my car sat level with a heavy system in the back.
Old 03-20-2006
Registered!!

So who has the lowest front drop springs then, Neuspeed? Anyone have pics of neuspeeds, and i wonder if anyone sells just the fronts.
Old 03-20-2006
Registered!!

redex04 is an unknown quantity at this point
i have nuespeed sports and i have the same problem i was thinkin of just swapping in nuespeed race springs in the front cause they are 2.25f and 2r which would make my car about even i would sell my front sports 1.75 drop if i got a set of front race springs i wanted to look to see if they had the same spring rates or close just a lower drop anyone know where you can find the spring rates
Old 03-21-2006
Boobies are the mans tinkertoys

dp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to behold
i dont know about springs for our cars, but my dad has cut springs on his cobra. he cut one whole coil off of them and there is no problem lol
Old 03-21-2006
Registered!!

redex04 is an unknown quantity at this point
yea same with my friends dad falcon he did the same thing
Old 03-21-2006

dp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to behold
its dropped it hella nice too!! but he has a mustang 2 front suspension, and he was using v8 springs but the car isnt heavy enough so he put some 4 cylinder springs and cut a coil off
Old 03-21-2006
Registered!!

Yea, i've heard of tons of guys cutting mustang springs, with no problems whatsoever, besides crappy ride quality.
Old 03-21-2006

actually it made it better lol. the car just bounced with the regular v8 springs, only the sidewall of the tires was the suspension, and now it actually absorbs lol

Quick Reply: Cutting eibach's??