Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

I got my Progress full coilover struts and

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
supermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to all
I got my Progress full coilover struts and

I love them not a problem here
I don't realy have the time to do a full DYI but I could share the pictures of the install:

Old 02-16-2006
Registered!!

a4turboss has a spectacular aura abouta4turboss has a spectacular aura abouta4turboss has a spectacular aura about
nice should look nice
Old 02-16-2006
Registered!!

Pedro Lopes is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm looking at getting new coilovers to replace my **** hayames and the progress coilovers were on my list along with the eibach pro street coilovers and the tein SS"s. When your done with the install please post on how they perform. Oh by the way do they require parts from the oem struts because I read somewhere that some progress coilovers require the top hats from the original shock/strut. Good luck with them and your car is insane.
Old 02-16-2006
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
Old 02-16-2006
Registered!!

centurioncivic is an unknown quantity at this point
please please please let me know how low they will go, iv been thinking about those but wasnt sure if i would be able to go low enough with them
Old 02-16-2006
Whack Pack Member

sternfan is an unknown quantity at this point
looks good
Old 02-16-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
If need be we can host a GB on these. I have been telling people for 2 years now, they make some nice parts!
Old 02-16-2006
Registered!!

goodtimes is on a distinguished road
looks cool, pics of the drop?
Old 02-17-2006
Registered!!

Diablo is an unknown quantity at this point
Keep us updated. let us know how they perform. may be ill get these instead of the tein next week
Old 02-17-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by dezod
If need be we can host a GB on these. I have been telling people for 2 years now, they make some nice parts!
What would the price be for a GB on these?
Old 02-17-2006
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Diablo
What would the price be for a GB on these?
Depending on volume needed. I would say $9xx.

With Progress they have strict MAP pricing, which means we can not advertise below $1075, which is what our site is priced at. However, we can do a real nice deal to the community with a minimum of 2-3 buyers.
Old 02-17-2006
Registered!!

truehonda.com has these for 989 with free shipping! the coilovers look badass, i just need to know if they go low enough for my liking
Old 02-17-2006
Registered!!

Victorious will become famous soon enoughVictorious will become famous soon enough
they're 1" - 4" i think

Originally Posted by centurioncivic
please please please let me know how low they will go, iv been thinking about those but wasnt sure if i would be able to go low enough with them
Old 02-17-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by centurioncivic
truehonda.com has these for 989 with free shipping! the coilovers look badass, i just need to know if they go low enough for my liking
They are in violation of Progress's price rules. We can surely beat it on a GB. As stated previously, we are a Progress WD.
Old 02-17-2006

supermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to all
They go very low with very little rebound but i drive my car often and I like my body kit and pain job
Here is pictures of it droped I could went down another 2".

I paid $900.00 even in Orlando
Old 02-17-2006
Registered!!

damn 900 even is a badass deal
Old 02-17-2006
Registered!!

xkimsungminx is an unknown quantity at this point
drop looks sweet and clean
Old 02-17-2006
Registered!!

The drop look real good. how is the ride?
Old 02-17-2006

Ride is good like I said vary little rebound.
Still softer than tokico.
Is all well balance.
Does very well on tight curves still, more tunning in needed.
Old 02-17-2006
Registered!!

EM2jdm is an unknown quantity at this point
damn i wish i would have gotten these then my teins but i would have to wait like a month because they weren't in stock when i wanted them
Old 02-19-2006

Originally Posted by gsr_tech
damn i wish i would have gotten these then my teins but i would have to wait like a month because they weren't in stock when i wanted them
That was my case too.
It took mine 2 months to arrive.
I guess there is not a big demand for 7gen coilovers that they litteraly make them as they sell.
In addition they where missing a ring that holds the spring and threads in the strut.
It was sent to us like the next day to the wrong address.
I tracked the package and finnaly I ended up going to the UPS terminal to get it.

I can't bitch though, I got this coilovers on a partial sponsorship by a local shop owner
And the final product is as beutifull as its high quality and performance.

By the way the stock part needed modification is noting but a plastic boot that is already on the car and you'll need to cut then place it back where it was before.
This part helps to guide the spring back to the right place after lifting the car or the wheel of the ground .
Is really no big deal.
the instructions are simple and show you how to do it.
I recomend a shop with a lift and air tools.

I paid $400 for the install and $100 for all wheel alignment.
Allignment is necessary right after the install!
And yes you neeed to have all wheels with a camber kit.

I went to heavy truck shop with a pit for alignments.

With this info you may now make an educated decision on this product.
My experience has being good and bad with just about everything and every product and service I perfomed to the car.
Is a hit and miss type of thing.
I do recomend the product it and fully endorse it.

If you find this info usefull send some rep points my way

Thanks

Last edited by Supermex; 02-19-2006 at 12:57 PM.
Old 02-19-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

shmik1 has disabled reputation
you said the coils are softer than tokico, what springs on the tokicos are u compairing them to? (maybe I missed it)

I have tokicos with sportlines and would love a smoother ride but I still want the ~1.5" drop. coils would be damn nice but I dont want to pay a ton to have them installed and DIYing again would take a big chunk of time and effort. plus they're expensive.

maybe i'll just wait till I have the $ to blow on buying them and having them installed.

is it smoother than tokico even when ur slammed like in the pics? or are u comparing side by side estimated 1.5" drop to 1.5"..
Old 02-19-2006

Originally Posted by shmik1
you said the coils are softer than tokico, what springs on the tokicos are u compairing them to? (maybe I missed it)

I have tokicos with sportlines and would love a smoother ride but I still want the ~1.5" drop. coils would be damn nice but I dont want to pay a ton to have them installed and DIYing again would take a big chunk of time and effort. plus they're expensive.

maybe i'll just wait till I have the $ to blow on buying them and having them installed.

is it smoother than tokico even when ur slammed like in the pics? or are u comparing side by side estimated 1.5" drop to 1.5"..

Just the way they are on the car now is 2.5" low.
I lowered 3.5 then drove it with all working just fine nice and smooth for a lowered car.
But it was too low for me I drive this car often and can't aford body work.
The lower you go the harder it get's
That is why Tokico is soft and is good for street lowered cars 2'' max.
For ppl that want something better than stock and affordable.

Besides the advantage of having a specialy tuned spring in conjuntion with the strut as a kit work better than just spring or strut by themselves or in combination with other brands

I belive Progress makes a racing version of this kit as well.
Goes lower and stiffer for track use.
Will be very low and hard for the street.

If I could afford it it would get a gas charged computer adjustable suspension I saw at a trade show.
5 settings with a push of a button.
Same technology use on motor cross gas shocks only with a computer to do all the different adjustments.
Dakota instruments $3000.00

That's why is good to know and to have a clear idea of what you what for your car in advance and how you are going to use your car before you commit any time and $$$ on parts and services.
Old 02-19-2006
Registered!!

so dezod would you do a group buy on these? i will buy for sure in around 3 weeks when i have enough
Old 02-19-2006
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
whats that ring around ur brake rotor in the last pic
Old 02-20-2006
Registered!!

gangrel138 is an unknown quantity at this point
Glad you like them Hector. I took my Civic to Nurburgring after throwing on my Progress coils. All in all a great deal. And yes that's an Elise in the 2nd pic.

Old 02-20-2006
Registered!!

fallout is a jewel in the roughfallout is a jewel in the roughfallout is a jewel in the roughfallout is a jewel in the rough
Looks sick!
My stock shocks just blew out on me, so i'm game on the group buy.
Gotta wait a week to get my tax return though.
Old 02-20-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Sure we will do a GB!
Old 02-20-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Interest thread here; http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...86#post3740386
Old 02-21-2006
7thgen Power Maker

GB here: http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=248516

Quick Reply: I got my Progress full coilover struts and