Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

shocks

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
invrtdsa1nt has a little shameless behaviour in the past
shocks

I currently have Skunk2 adjustable coilovers around stock shocks right now. I've had them for awhile and the shocks are holding up well, but I am about ready to get an alignment. Before I do this, I want to upgrade my shocks. What do you all suggest I do, get just shocks without springs and use my coilovers with them, or get full coilover kit. I was thinking about gettting the Megan racing full coilovers, but they are $900. If I can get just the shocks without the springs, that will be cheaper. But I don't know how the performance will be compared to if I get the full coilovers. I'm basically asking if there are any shocks out there that for the price would be worth getting over the full coilovers. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Old 02-11-2006
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all
Imo, since you are able to afford $800+, buy a new set of tein ss + Sell your old stuff.
Old 02-11-2006
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Konis. Do not use anything but Konis with coilovers. And yes the Konis are worth it. They're more worth it than any of those **** knockoff made in Taiwan coilovers.
Old 02-11-2006
Registered!!

so boilermaker1, your saying i should get these right here?

These are only 695 at truehonda.com. How can these that are way less expensive than any others, be better?
Old 02-11-2006
Jap-Euro Fusion

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Well I should think the inserts should suffice if you already have springs and all you want is the dampers. That kit comes with springs.
If you need me to vouch for Konis, you may want to consider doing some more homework on suspensions. They're quite possibly some of the best shocks you can buy, especially for as inexpensive as they are.
Old 02-11-2006
Registered!!

The KONI 1130 SPORT KIT consist of four KONI SPORT shocks and bright blue, progressive KONI lowering springs that were carefully tested and matched for each individual car model to give you the best possible performance.
That's the part that has got me wondering if spending $140 more on the ones with the springs is worth it. And I can sell my Skunk2's to make it so i come out almost even, and get a little better performance. Getting the ones with springs would be much better, wouldn't it?
Old 02-11-2006
Jap-Euro Fusion

Thats up to you. I guess if its worth your while to buy the fully assembled shocks and not hack up your stock ones, then have at it.
Old 02-16-2006
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute
i got KYB AGX to fit over my Skunk2 coilovers. the fronts fit fine, and the rears i had to trim some of the rear spring seat to make them fit. it worked after some trial and error. i love the way they ride now, but i think it did go tooo low with them. its a stiff ride with the settings at 4 all they way around
Old 03-02-2006
Registered!!

k30n6 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a 2005 civic coupe lx. Which front should I get? the 50.8mm or 53.8mm? Thx.
Old 03-02-2006
Registered!!

D17thgen has a spectacular aura aboutD17thgen has a spectacular aura aboutD17thgen has a spectacular aura about
im running skunk2 coilovers with koni yellows...after 3 months of stiff suspension, im investing into a set of springs now to get some ride comfort back. dont get me wrong, it was great for handles but my car is daily driven to work/school/etc and i dont benefit much from this.

id go for the koni sport kit if you have the funds. but ask yourself what are you trying to achieve from this suspension setup?
Old 03-12-2006

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
xproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nice
hmmm... who about using skunk2 coilovers with tokico d-spec shocks...?? anyone??