Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

I Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
james mauldin is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation I Need Help

I have a 02 civic 4 door lx and im going to install coil-overs . i replasted all the strusts with Tokico hp. I no how to do the fronts ,but in the back does the top of the coil-overs go on top or bottom the the strut stoper?

Last edited by james mauldin; 10-29-2005 at 05:01 PM.
Old 10-25-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Reverse assemble what you take apart.
Old 10-26-2005
Registered!!

thank you!! Now if i go as low as i can will this ride real hard? if so about how low can i go.
Old 10-29-2005
Registered!!

ok i have tried to do that,but there is no way that the top will go on ?????
Old 10-29-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Well then you're going to have to be more detailed. Its kinda hard to figure out what the hell you're talking about.
Old 10-30-2005
Registered!!

Okay, on the rear strut, when you remove the top and pull off the spring this is what follows:
a washer, a black cup like piece, another washer that sits on the spot were the strut goes from small to big and then a strut stopper. I hope this will help you. If it will make it easier to understand I can take a picture for you. thank you for you help!!!!!

Last edited by james mauldin; 10-30-2005 at 12:28 PM.
Old 10-30-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

So then reverse everything, if your issue is that you can't compress it enough to put the top on, then go to autozone and borrow a spring compressor. Or get someone to lean on it while you put the nut on. It all goes back together. The dust boot doesn't get put back on. There should have been a polyurethane or rubber upper seat provided to replace the dust cover. If it doesn't fit inside the hat, you'll have to trim the diameter until it fits in.
Old 10-30-2005
Registered!!

The top of the strut is no that long. i have tride to compress the spring and steel will not go on.
Old 10-30-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

Then you didn't put something back together correctly. All the parts of the upper mount with the exception of the dust boot go back on when you re-assemble the shocks. Take a picture.
Old 10-30-2005
Registered!!

ok be back soon
Old 10-30-2005
Registered!!

do you have a e-mail ? the pic. are to big for me to upload
Old 10-30-2005
Registered!!

ok the pic are on the way
Old 10-30-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

Well it looks like you don't have the bumpstop on, which you need to have (the yellow foamy thing). The black upside down cup thing is the cup that it sits in, you can toss that. Its stuck on the lip, which is probably why you can't get the top on. Try taking that off then the upper mount should go on far enough to get it to bolt on.
Old 10-30-2005
Registered!!

i think i wot you were talking about. i sent you a pic
Old 10-30-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

does it go on now? those look like the generic junk ebay coilovers, so you may need to play around with stuff. Put the top seat on before the washer set. I don't know.
Old 10-30-2005
Registered!!

no, and yes it from ebay . is that bad? i didnot no that the coil overs are junk. and no it will not fit.
Old 10-30-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

Ebay isn't the smartest place to buy suspensions. Especially from some no name brand.
it sounds like you just got something that flat out won't fit.
You can call www.ground-control.com and find out if you can buy their upper spring seats for the rear that fit this car, and try install it with that, or you can buy the entire ground control kit. Or use lowering springs.
Old 10-30-2005
Registered!!

thank you!!!! i looked at ground control and did not see anything for my car.
Old 10-30-2005
Registered!!

have you hear of racer design coil overs?
Old 10-30-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

yeah, but you don't want em.
Ground control makes kits for all years of civics. all you gotta do is call em.
Old 10-30-2005
Registered!!

thanks, about how munch $$ are thay?

Last edited by james mauldin; 10-30-2005 at 04:15 PM.
Old 10-30-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

GCs are about 300 bucks. Order them direct, its easier.