Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

i only want a 1 inch drop

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
steven10 is an unknown quantity at this point
i only want a 1 inch drop

hey i only want a 1 inch drop so i decided to go with the HFP suspension.. at this point i only want the suspension not the whole kit... i saw it at hondaautomotiveparts.com but it doesnt say if its the suspension for the coupe? SI? or wat!... i have a 2005 civic SEDAN =/ ... i know coupes suspension fits a sedan cuz there identical i believe.. so my question is... WHERE CAN I GET THE HFP SUSPENSION?.. or the HFP KIT for the coupe or sedan ... all i see on my searches is the SI hatch.. =[
Old 10-20-2005
PWIT
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
coupe and sedan are different. different weights at different points of the car. spring rate is different, well at least im pretty sure for the rear. if you use coupe springs in the rear your prolly gunna sag.
Old 10-20-2005
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about
You need to call around dealerships and ask nicely...or visit one and slip a $20 along with your request =)

I believe someone was able to get a part number for just the suspension.
Old 10-20-2005
Registered!!

so i wouldnt be able to put the coupe springs on my sedan? =/
Old 10-20-2005
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute
yeah i have sportlines on and i have a lil bit of sag in the rear
Old 10-20-2005
Registered!!

b4 i go in and ask the dealer i wanted to know...
1. can i put the HFP suspension for the coupe on my SEDAN... cleanly?... like how will the sag be and stuff like that?.. will it scrape etc... im new to suspension! sorry....
Old 10-20-2005
Premium Member

redem2 has a spectacular aura aboutredem2 has a spectacular aura about
damn...sounds like a lot of money...you can just get eibach springs and some tokicos or konis
Old 10-20-2005
Registered!!

gotta stay HFP ... i got reasons... long story dude.. but yeah.. help me out!
Old 10-20-2005
Registered!!

MYK1013 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm not tryingto take over this thread but since we're on the subject, could someone post a pic of a coupe in a 1" drop ?? I want to drop my car but not too much. Maybe a 1-1.5".
Old 10-20-2005
Registered!!

mxcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by redem2
damn...sounds like a lot of money...you can just get eibach springs and some tokicos or konis

yep i think that is the best way to go ..
Old 10-20-2005
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by steven10
b4 i go in and ask the dealer i wanted to know...
1. can i put the HFP suspension for the coupe on my SEDAN... cleanly?... like how will the sag be and stuff like that?.. will it scrape etc... im new to suspension! sorry....
You will be sagging in the rear.
How much? That I don't know.
There are some couples wit heavy sound systems who are using sedan springs to even out the ride height.

Can the sagging be remedied?
Yes if you are willing to do some custom work (ie: cutting springs or ordering custom rear springs from Eibach)

Scrape?
Depends on how you drive.
Old 10-20-2005
Registered!!

well damn.. that sucks... i was wondering if there was anything out through HONDA to lower a sedan...
Old 10-20-2005
Still in the game...

scatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to behold
save money - just buy the eibach pro kit
Old 10-20-2005
Registered!!

like i said b4 theres personal reasons y i cannot get aftermarket for my suspension
Old 10-20-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
It doesn't matter if you buy it from the dealer with little Honda stickers on it or not. Its still aftermaket because you bought it after you bought the car. They're not going to warranty it if thats what your concern is. So buy whatever you want.
Old 10-20-2005
Registered!!

and im not really understanding what u mean by sagging... can some one please explain wat "sagging" is?... like im lost i know the rears lower but like thats it?... or would it be effected when people sit in the rear, etc?
Old 10-20-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
EIBACH prokit on sedan will sag. i have a lighter than stock rear and still sags. sagging means the rear is lower than the front.
Old 10-20-2005
Proud to be a civic owner

es2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
get coilover then.. much better for sedan
Old 10-20-2005
Registered!!

oh...so all sagging is ... is that the rear will be like a couple centimeters lower than the front?... like would it scrape in the back or anything like that?... is it safe to install coupe springs on a sedan?.... like it wont effect the quality right?.... also.. when people sit in the rear itll be the same right?
Old 10-20-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
no like on mine, the rear has 1 finger gap and front has 2-3. its just for looks. it appears like you have some heavy stuff in the trunk that weighs it down. my eibach springs corner way better than stock altho its a bit more bumpy.
Old 10-20-2005
Registered!!

ohhh i think i get it... so the sag is just how it looks right?... nothing to do wit quality?... so if people were in my back seat... lets say 3 adults... it wouldnt sag more than it already is would it?
Old 10-20-2005
Premium Member

well yea you can make a stock car sag too. when we were moving and the whole back trunk and seats were loaded, it looked slammed with stock springs. and i mean zero wheel gap. thats just the nature of springs. they compress. now if you drop the car, you're already starting out low. and if you're really low, then rear passengers might not be possible for you.
Old 10-20-2005
Registered!!

o i c... damn i guess im not gonna drop my car then... even with a 1" drop?.. cuz thats the lowest these HFP lowering kit is good for....
Old 10-20-2005
Premium Member

i have prokit and i'm down to only having 1 finger gap rear and around 2.5 in front. i'm fine carrying stuff and people, just don't expect to load up the car with tons of stuff and people and expect to be fine. 1 inch isn't that much, and you'll still get better handling.
Old 10-20-2005
Registered!!

HondCivc91 is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah i must say that's the one downfall with putting any kind of drop on your car ... even with my prokit, I can't seem to put as many people, stuff in the trunk as it would be stock. It kinda sucks, because then you have to drive around real careful if you do.
Old 10-20-2005
Registered!!

haksam is an unknown quantity at this point
so how do we identify which is which for sedan or coupe?

hi there, after going tru the thread, i have a few q's.... so does it mean all springs for the sedan will eventually sag in the rear after certain milage? even with the camber kit? and how do we identify which spring for sedan or the coupe?

I'm currently riding on a sedan and wishing to go sportlines the next 2 weeks.... so wat r the main things to look for not to be given the wrong spring for coupe ???

pls advice....
Old 10-20-2005
Premium Member

most springs are only for coupe cause the sedan isn't considered "sporty" whatever. But look at whether the spring has a separate part number for sedan. I believe goldline does. Its not that coupe springs will sag overtime, it usually happens right away. camber kit has nothing to do with that, it only allows the car to be aligned properly after spring install so you don't ruin tires.
Old 10-20-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by haksam
hi there, after going tru the thread, i have a few q's.... so does it mean all springs for the sedan will eventually sag in the rear after certain milage? even with the camber kit? and how do we identify which spring for sedan or the coupe?

I'm currently riding on a sedan and wishing to go sportlines the next 2 weeks.... so wat r the main things to look for not to be given the wrong spring for coupe ???

pls advice....
Like Gearbox said look for part numbers.

I'd recommend Neuspeed springs since they do make separate springs for sedans and coupes + they lower the front a tad bit more.

Other options are coilovers (Skunk2 or Ground Control) or complete coilover setup so you can adjust the ride height.
Old 10-20-2005
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
why not just do it the simple way and get coilovers liek Teins or B+Gs?
Old 10-20-2005
Proud to be a civic owner

es2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
i can't carry 3 people in the backseat with my tein basic coilover.. they are weighing about 300lbs and i can see the rear sags.. almost tugging inside the fender.. and i can't carry any heavy stuff with my car...
lucky that i got a coilover so i can adjust it in the future if i want to

Quick Reply: i only want a 1 inch drop