Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Back is lower then the front

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Midnight_racer is an unknown quantity at this point
Back is lower then the front

Was up guys,

I just put on my tanabe nf210 about 2 week ago. The back is about 2 finger and the front is 3 finger. Do i have to wait for it to settle and how long do i have to wait. or there's somthing wrong with it.

Thanks guys
Old 07-22-2005
Registered!!

JHurlsIV is an unknown quantity at this point
Do you have a sound system in the trunk? Because if you do, thats what could be weighing it down.
Old 07-22-2005
Registered!!

no i have notthing in the trunk
Old 07-22-2005
Registered!!

not a thing

Last edited by Midnight_racer; 07-22-2005 at 04:10 PM.
Old 07-22-2005
Registered!!

Pn0ybOiLiKehOy is on a distinguished road
do u have aftermarket springs? my car used to be slammed in the back and it was because i was on the wrong...perch? on my konis..theres 2 in it and its supposed to be the top one
Old 07-22-2005
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Coupe or Sedan? Sedans have more weight on the rear end, so if you end up getting springs designed for the Coupe and put them on the sedan the rear will sit lower...
Old 07-22-2005
Registered!!

It's a coupe i'am sure i put it on right
Old 07-22-2005
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
.. There is a possibility that the shocks are blown. (That can cause saggy but) and given that the OEM dampers are bairly good enough to handle the stock springs, theres probably a good posibilty that they are weak or have blown.... (I've seen blown shocks even with stock springs on these cars)
Old 07-22-2005
Registered!!

i check it out with a ruler when i had it on stock spring and it was a two finger gap all around. Do u think i just need to wait for the front spring to settle? I had on the tanabe for two week and how long dose it take to settle in.
Old 07-23-2005
Registered!!

ohnoitssoysauce is an unknown quantity at this point
i got progress springs and i think they said it's supposed to lower 2.3in front and back. my back is lower because it's not different than the front. arnt they supposed to be less than the front for it to be even?
Old 07-25-2005
Registered!!

damn this sux i hope it will settle in more
Old 07-28-2005
jta
Registered!!

jta is an unknown quantity at this point
I got same issue man it sucks, should have gotten 1.75 drop for front and 1.5 for rear.

may be an adjustable shock in the front would help.
Old 07-28-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Midnight_racer
i check it out with a ruler when i had it on stock spring and it was a two finger gap all around. Do u think i just need to wait for the front spring to settle? I had on the tanabe for two week and how long dose it take to settle in.
Unless you have the fattest fingers in the world, you didn't have a stock 2 finger gap. Its more like 4 to a fist.

The rear wheel wells are smaller than the front ones. To come out even, you need springs that claim a larger drop in the front than the rear, then you need to hope they're true to their word. Then the gap comes out even. If they claim an even drop all around, what happens is the whole car maintains the factory rake angle (front to back height) and just moves down. When that happens, you notice the difference in wheel gap size.
Old 07-29-2005
Registered!!

Thanks for your help guys. You think the adjustable shock would help it?
Old 07-29-2005
Registered!!

bigfaa-04civic is an unknown quantity at this point
it might but the best way to fix the difference in the wheel gaps is to just buy some coil-overs. I think i might buy some tein basics or if that's too expensive try the skunk2 sleave-over kits.
Old 07-29-2005
It's Nice To Be Important, But It's More Important To Be Nice.

Fiji_Blue_EM2 is just really niceFiji_Blue_EM2 is just really niceFiji_Blue_EM2 is just really niceFiji_Blue_EM2 is just really niceFiji_Blue_EM2 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Boilermaker1
Unless you have the fattest fingers in the world, you didn't have a stock 2 finger gap. Its more like 4 to a fist.

The rear wheel wells are smaller than the front ones. To come out even, you need springs that claim a larger drop in the front than the rear, then you need to hope they're true to their word. Then the gap comes out even. If they claim an even drop all around, what happens is the whole car maintains the factory rake angle (front to back height) and just moves down. When that happens, you notice the difference in wheel gap size.
thanks for the lesson (seriously, no flame)

my front has about 1 finger gap and the rear wheels are tucked -

it kinda bothers me that they arent even, but Im not gonna worry about it -

one of these days when I have some disposable income I'll invest in coilovers -

right now I really need a camber kit
Old 07-29-2005
Registered!!

Tell me if you think this is smart. I got my old dropzone coilover and was thinking of putting it in the front with no aftermarket shock.
Old 07-29-2005
Registered!!

wonderz is on a distinguished road
Tell me if you think this is smart. I got my old dropzone coilover and was thinking of putting it in the front with no aftermarket shock.
i wouldn't mix between suspension parts. and your oem (civic) shocks will blown eventually and duration will depend on how low u drop it.
Old 07-30-2005
Registered!!

Say if i did do it what would be the worst thing that can happen?
Old 07-30-2005
Registered!!

wonderz is on a distinguished road
Say if i did do it what would be the worst thing that can happen?
you crash your car due to the fact that it didn't behave what u thought its gonna be.
Old 07-30-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
You can't mix straight rate springs and progressives. you'll end up with reactions to bumps and stuff you're not expecting and will have trouble controlling, the front will be very unforgiving and the rear will give a lot. Use one or the other.
Old 07-30-2005
Registered!!

03whitecivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Was up guys,

I just put on my tanabe nf210 about 2 week ago. The back is about 2 finger and the front is 3 finger. Do i have to wait for it to settle and how long do i have to wait. or there's somthing wrong with it.

Thanks guys
i have 2 12" subs and a box plus 2 amps in my trunk. i have 2 finger gap all around on stock struts. somethings wrong with the springs you got.
Old 07-30-2005
Registered!!

About a week ago i talk to somebody at tanabe and told them about my dilemma. They told me to take a side picture of my car and i did. I haven't heard of them yet. They are f****** stalling to get back to me. Thanks for offering me your opinions, put me some what at ease.
Old 08-08-2005
Registered!!

TheCapone is an unknown quantity at this point
well i'm on oem struts and i have the same situation... i have a 2K4 EL (Sedan)...

And i have a 2 finger gap in rear and i have little fingers... i do have a 10 sub but it was always like this...

AND yes, my struts are all good
Old 08-08-2005
Registered!!

hk2ronin is an unknown quantity at this point
I got handr sport springs with tokico dspec shocks and a camber kit. I got two 12's in a box and my rears are lower than the front. Nutn much u can do about it right? If there is a way to fix it let me know.
Old 08-13-2005
Registered!!

usafstud will become famous soon enoughusafstud will become famous soon enough
i have the same issue, front is higher than the rear by a bit

Old 08-14-2005
Registered!!

I wouldn't mind if it's a little higher in the front but mine is a finger different. You can tell from a mile away.I'll try to post my pic but i'm not sure if it will come up cuz im still new at this.[IMG][IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\default\Desktop[/IMG] [/IMG]
Old 08-15-2005
Registered!!

PeLoN8o5 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm having the same problem with the rear saging. I have sportline kit on stock struts on 2001 sedan. I'm sure the struts arent blown yet so my question is that i want to add some koni yellows but first i wanna know if the shocks will pick it up a lil bit in the rear because right now they are extra tucked in and i have nothing in the trunk. I was also wondering if anyone has the koni sport kit that comes with the koni springs and koni shocks and if the rear still sags with this kit?
Old 08-17-2005
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
Yup

Originally Posted by Zzyzx
.. There is a possibility that the shocks are blown. (That can cause saggy but) and given that the OEM dampers are bairly good enough to handle the stock springs, theres probably a good posibilty that they are weak or have blown.... (I've seen blown shocks even with stock springs on these cars)

My passenger front piston was sunk in about 3 inches when it was removed from the spring and the plate
Old 10-26-2005
Registered!!

sihotan is an unknown quantity at this point
i have sportlines on oem struts on my 03 civic sedan, i it also sags in the rear. But i also have noticed that when i have a full tank of gas, the rear leans toward the left on driver side. it doesn't look good at all.
i'm thinking of goind back to oem springs now that my wife drives the car.

i was wondering does anyone know if there is a difference between the stiffness of the oem rear springs that componsates for the leaning of the rear toward the left with a full tank of gas.
i've seen other civics with a full tank of gas and the rear is perfectly fine with oem springs. no leaning whatsoever.

any ways if there is a difference in stiffness of the rear springs how am i supposed to know which goes on the left and which goes on the right.

thanks for any help

Quick Reply: Back is lower then the front