Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

My Springs Are Popping????

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
x25xtalife is an unknown quantity at this point
My Springs Are Popping????

Yesterday Me And A Friend Of Mine Installed Some Springs On My 03 Ex. Everything Thing Went Ok Until We Pu It Down And Now When U Turn The Wheel The Sprngs Pop. Any Ideas?
Old 05-26-2005
Registered!!

03civda is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes, I just went trhough this, you can probably see my post from a couple weeks ago around here somewhere. It ended up being this: When you took off that metal plate on the upper part of your frount struts, you didn't put the bearing (it's actually a rubber bushing) back in. I went to great lengths to try and figure this out and finally did. By the way, it was the same car, 03 EX.
Old 05-26-2005
Registered!!

Nah. Its There Everything Is On The Strut That Is Supposed To Be. I Work At Honda And Had A Tech Do It So Im Pretty Sure We Put Everyhting Back On
Old 05-26-2005
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
flotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to behold
Dod you index them properly?
Old 05-26-2005
Registered!!

Yea We Marked Them...they Went Back In The Same Way They Came Out
Old 05-26-2005
Registered!!

mos_skeeto is an unknown quantity at this point
I just got springs installed and it poped a few times when I was driving. Once today when I was breaking. :S
Old 05-26-2005
Broken Road......

nitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to all
I ended up having to change one of the bearing plates in my car to rid the popping noise.
Old 05-26-2005
Registered!!

Juggaman will become famous soon enough
Mine pop...But they'll pop for a week straight (turns) then all of a sudden it stops for a week. Its annoying, but its also a good conversation piece when people ride with me...
Old 05-26-2005
Registered!!

EM2jdm is an unknown quantity at this point
mine doesn't pop but clicks and this is on my TEIN Basics
Old 05-27-2005
Registered!!

05civicexse is an unknown quantity at this point
poppin springs

i have the eibach prokit, it took a couple miles driving on them for them to set in place, i noticed the popping, i made sure everything was tight, then i went down some residential streets and threw the car around, the spring settled and they have been quiet since. i would reccomend turning a few sharp turns a little faster than normal. It worked for me.
Old 05-27-2005
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Originally Posted by x25xtalife
Nah. Its There Everything Is On The Strut That Is Supposed To Be. I Work At Honda And Had A Tech Do It So Im Pretty Sure We Put Everyhting Back On
Just because you are sure you put everything back in doesnt mean you did. You need to go back and check everything over. Honda techs are known to make mistakes now and then. Even good techs make mistakes. Besides, have him check it, he installed them.
Old 05-27-2005
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
God damn newspeeds pop period!!!!!!!!!

even on my 05 installed by honda
Old 05-27-2005
Registered!!

flotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to behold
One of the most common problems that cause popping noises are:

- The spring isnt seated correctly in the top perch'es rubber isolator
- The bearing is worn out or needs repacking
- The top mount isnt seated/installed correctly in the tower
- The tie rod end is defective
- The spring is coil binding
- The top strut nut isnt tightened enough

Just because everything is installed doesnt mean it was done correctly. The tech should of known you dont need to mark everything. You just line up the arrows on the top mount and upper spring perch with the hole on the lower perch like this:

Then all you do is make sure nothing moves when you install the whole assembly. Did you leave the coil wrap(rubberized tubing that comes factory installed) on?
Old 05-27-2005
Registered!!

My Springs Didnt Have The Rubber Around Them...which I Found Kinda Strang.
The Factory Springs I Mean
Old 05-27-2005
Registered!!

05civicexse is an unknown quantity at this point
the stock spings do not matter, they are not on the car now... which ones did you lower the car with?? did the aftermerket springs have rubber on them??
Old 05-27-2005
Registered!!

Factory springs wont have coil wrap tubing since their a linear spring and the coils dont rub against each other like a progressive spring which has dead coils.
Old 05-30-2005
7th gen old timer.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond repute
my springs pop as well....mine poped when i first put it down then they stopped and now they just kinda come and go as they please....i am going to try and repack the berings today.... and see...... ill let you know if the problem is fixed or if i figure somthing out...
Old 05-30-2005
7th gen old timer.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond repute
Got it......when i took em out the berings were greased but kinda hard to move....so what i did was greased the Sht out of them....in the bering and on top....i put it down and now not one pop the entire time....hope this helps....