Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Can anyone do a Product Comparison?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2005
"You leave me in the trenches taking Grenades, John"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stachmo is an unknown quantity at this point
Can anyone do a Product Comparison?

Hey Guys,
I'm trying to decide whether I wanna put Koni Yellows or Tokico Blues on my car this month. I plan on using Eibach Sportline Springs if that helps. I already searched both struts and I know the obvious differences, but what I'm looking for is if anyone has had/or driven on both. I'm looking to see what the difference is in ride and how the car sits. Can anyone help me out?
Old 05-14-2005
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
I have known people that have both. Konis will most likely be stiffer and obviously more of a pain in the *** to install. There should be no difference in how the car sits. That is decided mostly by the spring. Konis have more travel than tokicos.
Old 05-14-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
tokico - cheaper, great for replacing OEMs, perfect for your sportline drop, stiffer than stock but im sure koni yellows would be even stiffer, great for someone who daily drives

koni - adjustable, more $, a little more difficult to install, more likely for track use
Old 05-14-2005
"You leave me in the trenches taking Grenades, John"

Stachmo is an unknown quantity at this point
alright then, sounds like I need some tokico's...thanks
Old 05-16-2005
There is gl@ss in my @SS...

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
Whats the cheapest place to buy the Tokico?
Old 05-16-2005
im stock now! T.T

Civic_RedLine will become famous soon enough
i picked mine up brand new for 300
ebay is your best bet
Old 05-16-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
www.importhorizon.com
www.robearracing.com
www.dezod.com
www.truehonda.com
www.ebay.com
www.streetlevelperformance.com
Old 05-16-2005
Registered!!

stlblues13 is an unknown quantity at this point
I've driven on both the Konis and the Tokicos for about a year each. I would echo what Robb says above. If you are just daily driving then go with the Tokicos. The ride will be much better. Stiffer than stock but not too harsh. The Konis, even on their softest setting, were noticeably more stiff. If you are just using the car for daily driving and will never be adjusting the settings anyway, why pay the extra $?
Old 05-16-2005
Ricerus Maximus

clownprince will become famous soon enoughclownprince will become famous soon enough
I'm on Tokicos and Neuspeed Race, but have ridden on GC's and Koni's. I much prefer the Tokico's as I'm not much of a track ace at the moment. They provide a good ride, easy install, and good price. Best bang for the buck for a daily driver.
Old 05-17-2005
Stolen digital camera = no ninja picture for me

PoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the roughPoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the roughPoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the rough
I am actually in the same situation. I have eibach sportlines on now, and I need to get either Konis or Tokicos. I actually just went to the local tuner shop and the head installer there says that he refuses to install Koni yellows on 7thgen civics becuase they have too many problems with the struts coming loose. However, this is the first I have heard about anything like this so I am not sure what to think.
Old 05-17-2005
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
The inserts on the 7th gens is no different then the inserts for any other strut type suspension (you'd be supprised how often inserts are used for Strut replacemntes).
Old 05-17-2005

PoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the roughPoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the roughPoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the rough
I am not really sure what the guy was talking about. Maybe he is just lazy, but they wouldnt even give me a quote on install for the Konis, and then they pushed the Tokicos on me.
Old 05-17-2005
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Tokicos are good shocks, but Konis perfrom alot better.
Old 05-17-2005

the tokicos are available for all years now as well, arent they?
Old 05-18-2005
Registered!!

GaryC17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ground Controls

Originally Posted by clownprince
I'm on Tokicos and Neuspeed Race, but have ridden on GC's and Koni's. I much prefer the Tokico's as I'm not much of a track ace at the moment. They provide a good ride, easy install, and good price. Best bang for the buck for a daily driver.
You got PM'ed.
Old 05-18-2005
Registered!!

stlblues13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by PoorCollegeBoy
I am actually in the same situation. I have eibach sportlines on now, and I need to get either Konis or Tokicos. I actually just went to the local tuner shop and the head installer there says that he refuses to install Koni yellows on 7thgen civics becuase they have too many problems with the struts coming loose. However, this is the first I have heard about anything like this so I am not sure what to think.
My Konis came loose once during the time I owned them. Some folks have no problems at all. I think it all has to do with the quality of the install.
Old 05-18-2005
Registered!!

T-Rex29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Tokico Blues,

Hey Guys,
As the email goes on which one are better, Koni or Tokico, I already install Neuspeed Sport in my car now that I'm thinking to replace the shock, Some of you prefer Koni or Tokico but I think Tokico is good for daily driving, (i drove 75 miles a day to work),
Now my questions, I have a 2003 Civic EX, when I search some internet they don't have this model & also I called the Tokico Webiste yet but some of you some already installed the Tokico Blues. I want to know what kind of model of Tokico Blues you have...
Thanks
Old 05-19-2005
Turbos, Engines, Chassis and Suspension Tech

4drcivic2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
I've had Koni yellows installed for 3 years. I've had absolutely no problems with them at all.