Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

To AYONE Installing Lowering Springs!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
Talking To AYONE Installing Lowering Springs!!!!!

I just dropped my car with Newspeed Sports. 1.75 front and 1.5 Rear.

The problem was this. When I turned my steering wheel i could hear a cracking sound from the upper strut tower.
Well yesterday i removed everything and went to honda with the strut. I installed everything perfect. So as a few great members here mentioned. The sound comes from the springs at the top of the shock tower that RUB together.

Here is what i did .. I know you can add that plastic wrap but every store was closed..

As a temporary fix get a tube of bearing grease and apply that to the top of the springs in a good amount...

Voila not a single noise comming from up there anymore
Thank GOD...

Last edited by _Viper_; 05-10-2005 at 08:35 AM.
Old 05-10-2005
Bobaganoosh!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
You should tell Erik that.....that sound was freakin him out for awhile..lol
Old 05-10-2005

_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
Hey Mike where can I buy that plastic wrap???? Does it work very well???
Old 05-10-2005
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
plastic wrap or like bubble wrap. you can get plastic wrap from pretty much anywhere like a drug store, and for bubble wrap i know kinkos or a ups store or somehtign has it.
Old 05-10-2005

Originally Posted by ajhdragon
plastic wrap or like bubble wrap. you can get plastic wrap from pretty much anywhere like a drug store, and for bubble wrap i know kinkos or a ups store or somehtign has it.

No i mean a plastic that wraps around the coil spring so that when it compresses the soils dont rub together...
Old 05-10-2005
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
i know summit and jegs sells that. im not sure what it is under. but ive sceen it because my buddy bought some for his truck. it was funny to see a 6 inch lifted truck with pink spring covers and orange shock covers.(he frogot to tell what color he wanted)
Old 05-10-2005
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
coil wrap is generally used when the dead coils rub together. Are you sure you indexed everything correctly?
Old 05-10-2005

Yeah they are indexed perfectly and they go right in ....
They align perfectly also...

so what might be up then?????
Old 05-10-2005
The blackbeauty ES1.

jhonsok is an unknown quantity at this point
hmm..my Tein S Techs..i dont hear any sounds like that..everything seems fine.
Old 05-10-2005
Premium Member

shmik1 has disabled reputation
every one in a while i here a small cracking noise when im turning slowly leaving the driveway, its nothing big.
Old 05-10-2005
How many pots have you smoken?

manthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of light
yeah i hear it with my neuspeed sports when i leave a parking space or turn tightly too... doesn't really bother me i turn up the system
Old 05-10-2005

well jack your car and get some grease up there and it will stop.. I coudnt stand the noise on my 05
Old 05-10-2005

manthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of light
yeah..i should..maybe one of these days i'll do that...right now im focusing on the problems with my audio shiat
Old 05-10-2005

Yeah man that sux.. Youll have to learn by yourself cuz these places really dont give a ****
Old 05-10-2005

hah..i take it you've seen my audio rant thread lol.

but about that noise..is the grease stopping the noise by simply making the springs slide on each other? or is the grease so thick that they don't even touch any more?
Old 05-10-2005
Broken Road......

nitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to all
I had noise in the left front strut plate, greased the bearings, and it went away for a couple of days, but I ended up replacing the L/FRT strut plate.
Old 05-11-2005
Boosted 04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
joshb_ is just really nicejoshb_ is just really nicejoshb_ is just really nicejoshb_ is just really nice
What you did is when you put the front assmebly together, is the upper mount is not properly lined up with the spring. WHen you turn the wheel you are hearing the srping turn alittle and popping into place on the upper bump. Take the front apart again (the side you hear the sound from) and put it back together makin sure your line up the top of the srping correctly wiht the top rubber bump in the top of the strut. If you want more info just pm me I did the same thing.
Old 05-15-2005
Registered!!

In Catalyst is an unknown quantity at this point
It depends on how you 'clock' your springs on install... There is a seat on the strut where the bottom of the spring goes, looks like it fits nicely. But if you turn the strut so the metal touches, then you are going to hear that grinding sound.

Just compress springs again, and turn them slightly so there is maybe a 1/2 inch space at the bottom seat. No more rubbing, no more noise, no need for lubricants.
Old 05-15-2005
xam
snooty patooty partier

xam has a spectacular aura aboutxam has a spectacular aura aboutxam has a spectacular aura about
there is a bearing on the inside of the strut onth top. basically the top of your strut but in the inside of your strut. hmm get my drift. well that needs to be greased whenever u take apart your struts. i talked to the gu at nuepseed about it.
Old 05-15-2005

southpasdena is an unknown quantity at this point
wire loom works well and so does rubber, i remember tien when they first came out with lowering springs they added rubber to the top coils for this kinda problem.
Old 06-01-2005
Registered!!

noestitch is an unknown quantity at this point
i would check the strut bearings, I forgot to put mine in on the right side of my car and when I would turn my steering wheel, i would hear that clank, grinding sound. After installing the bearings the clank, and grinding sound went away. So i agree with In Catalyst about no need for lubricants.
Old 06-01-2005
let the devil out

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
you could use a condom.. but don't think it would last long LMAO
Old 06-01-2005
ctv
Registered!!

ctv is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by joshb_
What you did is when you put the front assmebly together, is the upper mount is not properly lined up with the spring. WHen you turn the wheel you are hearing the srping turn alittle and popping into place on the upper bump. Take the front apart again (the side you hear the sound from) and put it back together makin sure your line up the top of the srping correctly wiht the top rubber bump in the top of the strut. If you want more info just pm me I did the same thing.

YUP this is what you did. also dont forget to use the arrow that is imprinted on the strut plate to, its very important!
Old 06-01-2005
Registered!!

noestitch is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by ctv
YUP this is what you did. also dont forget to use the arrow that is imprinted on the strut plate to, its very important!
^^^follow this advice also

make sure those arrow are lined up otherwise u might get an uneven drop and weird sounds.
Old 06-01-2005
Registered!!

03civda is an unknown quantity at this point
I forgot to put the upper bearing in as well. Made that terrible sound too.
Old 06-01-2005
I Queef > You

sKwiD is on a distinguished road
Thats normal. It's just the springs settling in. I have the same springs on my car, installed about 3 years ago. It did that for about 6months I think, then it stopped. Drive it carefully and your stock shocks will last for 3+ years and going, just like mine.
Old 06-04-2005
I survived that B*tch Katrina !!!

boombazokajoe91 is an unknown quantity at this point
im about to put my neuspeed sports on right now , im scared im gonna F@^k something up
Old 06-05-2005
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
i never had that problem. never had any popping/cracking/grinding noises when i turned w/ lowering springs. if the grease helped, thats great. sometimes the grease on the upper mount (that triangle thing up top) can rub off or get sand/dirt in there and that might be whats causing the grinding. most cases its if the spring isnt seated/indexed propperly like rob said. sometimes it can shift when youre tightening the screws etc.
Old 06-05-2005
7th gen old timer.

CivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond repute
i put mine in and got popping then i blew a stut on a pot hole with the new one i greased the bearings and around them and i havent had a problem since....
Old 06-05-2005
Registered!!

MIVtec is an unknown quantity at this point
what kinda grease does everyone use for lubing up these bearings and stuff???

Quick Reply: To AYONE Installing Lowering Springs!!!!!