Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

tein ss question

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
centurioncivic is an unknown quantity at this point
tein ss question

im looking into purchasing the tein ss-p coilovers. the thing im nervous about is it not being low enough for my taste. i like my cars to be damn low. iv got nuespeed race right now and they arent near low enough. if anyone with the tein ss should post pics or tell me how much room you have and how low yours is set. id really like to know how low it will be on the lowest coil.
Old 05-03-2005
Go Pistons!

flipbagz is an unknown quantity at this point
check out hccriminal's car aka feg lol
Old 05-03-2005
Banned

bgoetz is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by centurioncivic
im looking into purchasing the tein ss-p coilovers. the thing im nervous about is it not being low enough for my taste. i like my cars to be damn low. iv got nuespeed race right now and they arent near low enough. if anyone with the tein ss should post pics or tell me how much room you have and how low yours is set. id really like to know how low it will be on the lowest coil.
Just buy cheap coilovers because lowering your car that much compleatly defeats the purpose of buying a good suspension and destroyes most handling caracteristics that the suspension is designed for. Better yet just cut your springs you will save alot of $ that way . If you really wish to have a suspension that you can lower to the EXTREAM and keep some what optimal handling, then any adjustable shock setup such as the SS would be best becuase you will need to change the rebound to match the spring rates or hanling will not be as good. To answer your question if you just want a nice look and desent handling then the SS will work, but if you are after good handling then sacrifice a bit of the height for performance.
Old 05-03-2005
Registered!!

wonderz is on a distinguished road
if you have neuspeed race springs and its not low enough... u might want to get B&G Coilovers....
Old 05-03-2005
Registered!!

i want somthing that handles good too, i just want no wheel well gap
Old 05-04-2005
§C§H§O§C§O§B§O

chocobo15_2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
teins won't go that low if you want em low...if you want a slammed look, i think you have to get the TEIN FLEX...which rijowsky owns on his sedan. His car is slammed on 19" rims (like 3-4 inches off the floor). If you want to slam any more than that, you should consider getting airstruts... i don't think any full coilover system will slam your car all the way to the ground.

honestly, i don't know why you would want it lower thatn what rijowsky has...unless you drive on super smooth roads with no dips n **** (which is nonexistant in the world that I live in), I wouldn't recommended dropping it that far down to begin with

always ask yourself "what the f*ck do i want to do with my car, performance, looks, or both?" then go from there...don't be a bandwagon jumper and wanna slam your car juz cuz your hommies did it or something, you WILL regret it...and i do speak from personal experience.
Old 05-04-2005
Registered!!

goodtimes is on a distinguished road
i have B&G and they handle very good.... and they will go lower that tien ss
Old 05-04-2005
Registered!!

CLeeNx04CiVic has a little shameless behaviour in the past
B&G = slammed look w/ an alright ride

TEIN SS = decent look w/ a great ride (adjustable dampening)

id go with the TEIN...
Old 05-04-2005
Banned

bgoetz is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by centurioncivic
i want somthing that handles good too, i just want no wheel well gap
That is very hard if not impossible to achieve becuase
a). The effects on other steering components of the car go past an optimal point when you go to low.

b).Most shocks will bottom out when you go to low.

The Teins are great shocks, but if you want good handling stick close to the recomended drop, this will be the optimal point for the shocks and the car. Most of the cars with no wheel gap are very unpredictable when pushed to the limits.
Old 05-05-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by chocobo15_2000
teins won't go that low if you want em low...if you want a slammed look, i think you have to get the TEIN FLEX...which rijowsky owns on his sedan. His car is slammed on 19" rims (like 3-4 inches off the floor). If you want to slam any more than that, you should consider getting airstruts... i don't think any full coilover system will slam your car all the way to the ground.

honestly, i don't know why you would want it lower thatn what rijowsky has...unless you drive on super smooth roads with no dips n **** (which is nonexistant in the world that I live in), I wouldn't recommended dropping it that far down to begin with

always ask yourself "what the f*ck do i want to do with my car, performance, looks, or both?" then go from there...don't be a bandwagon jumper and wanna slam your car juz cuz your hommies did it or something, you WILL regret it...and i do speak from personal experience.
trust me im not "jumping on the bandwagon because my homie did it" i had been slammed for a couple years on ground controls, and when i changed to neuspeed race it raised it up alot and i just like it lower. I really just want to know how low the tein ss-p will get me because i want somthing thats just at least down to a one finger gap in the front.
Old 05-05-2005
§C§H§O§C§O§B§O

chocobo15_2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
hmmm...i have a 2 finger gap all around for my tein ss-p with lots of thread left...i think you can easily tuck a 1 finger gap with the teins

i'm not critisizing you bro, just "reminding" ^_~

good luck man!
Old 05-05-2005
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
Here is my car lowered almost all the way on TeinSS

Old 05-05-2005
Formerly 2blu

Nick will become famous soon enoughNick will become famous soon enough
Ground Controls drop pretty low i think.