Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

How much can you feel a rear strut bar?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005
7thgens official a$$hole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
How much can you feel a rear strut bar?

just wondering what kind of diffrence i could look for if i get one. does it just make the car more rigid?
Old 01-28-2005
Registered!!

Sickboy will become famous soon enoughSickboy will become famous soon enough
Not much.
Old 01-28-2005
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
You wont, as there isnt a whole lot of Lateral flex coming from the shock mounts on the rear. Thanks to the rear end being a Double wishbone style suspension, so Most of the lateral forces are transfered through the control arms to the chassis, rather then through the shock mount. Now if you could some how tie the upper control arm mounts together.......
Old 01-28-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
I thought I felt a little difference. The rear end seems to sway a little more, but in a positive way. The rear end flips and skids a little more around turns now.
Old 01-28-2005
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 2K1Civic17"Gabe
I thought I felt a little difference. The rear end seems to sway a little more, but in a positive way. The rear end flips and skids a little more around turns now.
most likely it is all in your head
Old 01-28-2005
Premium Member

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice
not one bit. looks cool in the trunk tho.
Old 01-28-2005
Bushido

MrWong is an unknown quantity at this point
If you upgrade the sway bar you will feel that it is tighter.
Old 01-28-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
it felt looser for some reason? I know the back end has more of a wobble than before. I could turn at 45-50 90 degrees and it wouldnt skid as much as now. There is a difference, but not nearly as noticeable as the fron tie bar. the front one made a tremendous difference. The rear close to nothing, but a little looser for some reason? I bought it for the look in the trunk. It is right in front of my subs (since their facing forward) and it looks dope.
Old 01-28-2005
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MrWong
If you upgrade the sway bar you will feel that it is tighter.
i have rsx sawy bars right now.
Old 01-28-2005
7thgens official a$$hole

but thanks for the imput everyone.
Old 01-28-2005
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
basically, if you remove the carpet covering the mounting points, you can sort of tell 1 is not necessary for street. Cars like the RSX, old Civic hatches, Del Sol's, I guess would benefit more.
Old 01-30-2005
ThE FaMiLy SeDaN

rijowysock will become famous soon enough
im gladi didnt get my Mr alex fuc.kin expensive one then..im over that phase of my life now.lol