Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

tokico advertisement . . .

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DaSilverCivic will become famous soon enough
Smile tokico advertisement . . .

yesterday i recieved my honda tuning in the mail. today i was flipping through the pages and found an ad for TOKICO USA!!! i was in shock as i was staring at the front end of our 7thgencivics. i was like, couldn't be . . . then in little captions it said,
"01-02 civic HP & D-Spec Summer '04" check it out, it's on page 37. i know their site says it, but thought i'd share my encounter with this . . . this better be no bs or i'll get them for false advertisement lol.
Old 05-11-2004
Let's see if I know the ledge
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

tricky is on a distinguished road
yea i saw that too...bastards, we should file a false advertising claim if this is bullsh*t

Old 05-11-2004
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
still won't believe it until it is on someone's car and works. BLAH!
Old 05-11-2004
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
KEEP THE HOPE ALIVE!
Old 05-11-2004
Registered!!

dj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to all
Originally posted by robbclark1
still won't believe it until it is on someone's car and works. BLAH!
werd!!
Old 05-11-2004
Registered!!

half_n_half17 is an unknown quantity at this point
summer 2004? just like feb 04... and all the times before it. Now it would be nice to have an alternate to the KONI's but Tokico just has a terrible record for our cars.
Old 05-11-2004
Registered!!

DaSilverCivic will become famous soon enough
whatever . . . this shat better be out by the end of summer. hopefully it's just a direct replacement and no modification is requierd.
Old 05-11-2004
Registered!!

dj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to all
well it will be a full replacement. look at the 2nd to last pic at the bottom.. and that's what ours will look like...
Old 05-11-2004
Registered!!

thecheat is an unknown quantity at this point
I hope they finally get these things out. I really need some new dampers and I'm not going for the cut and paste koni setup.
Old 05-11-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
****, I bet when they come out, noone will buy them.
Old 05-11-2004
Registered!!

ZdS03Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
why do you say that ^^
Old 05-11-2004
Registered!!

streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
cause, it is now 2004, the new gen civics started coming out in 2000, and there are so many different brands of coilovers out and konis are out and people have pretty much gone with those, so by the time these come out, I dont think many people will buy them. If they would of come out sooner, more people I think would take advantage of them.
Old 05-11-2004
Registered!!

ZdS03Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
I see what your saying but I wouldnt put Tokico out of the picture...
Old 05-11-2004
Registered!!

I am not saying people will put tokico out of the picture, but they have been promising that they will be out for 7thgens for awhile now and each time, the date moves back. I think by the time they come out, most everyone will have something else. And if they do come out, they will probably be just like konis, they will be inserts for the front.
Old 05-11-2004
Since 2002 Baby!

chicohonda02 has a spectacular aura aboutchicohonda02 has a spectacular aura about
Old 05-12-2004
All Eyes On Z

SlammedBlueEM2 is on a distinguished road
I don't care what Tokico says or advertises anymore because they're still a bunch of lying *** sons of bitches. I want to actually see some installed on a 7th Gen on their site.
Old 05-12-2004
Registered!!

thecheat is an unknown quantity at this point
they make a good product for the cars they provide fitment for. I just hope they get around to doing it for us some time soon.
Old 05-12-2004
Registered!!

Originally posted by thecheat
I hope they finally get these things out. I really need some new dampers and I'm not going for the cut and paste koni setup.
Most likely they will be the same as konis, the front will be inserts. And also when they come out, they will probably be more expensive than konis.
Old 05-12-2004
Registered!!

Green Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, they are advertising now. So it looks like they are coming close to a final product. Just think of it as a lot of r&d of the 7th gen.
Old 05-12-2004
Registered!!

Originally posted by streetglower
Most likely they will be the same as konis, the front will be inserts. And also when they come out, they will probably be more expensive than konis.
no tockio will be a full replacement, not inserts like the koni's. now will they come out on the date of the adv that's a diffrent story.

if u look at the ad pic u can see what it should look like..2nd to last pic on the right..
Old 05-12-2004
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
No matter, the Konis are a better performing shock then the Tokicos any way....
Old 05-12-2004
Registered!!

gaugeof12 has a spectacular aura aboutgaugeof12 has a spectacular aura about
^^^ I think that they are close to equal. The konis may have slightly better performance. BUT for an average joe who just wants to lower their car and have upgraded struts/shocks which would do you think they will choose, an insert that requires you to modify stock OR a full direct replacement? Besides ANYWAY you look at it its GOOD to have more quality options.
Old 05-12-2004
YS
Registered!!

YS is an unknown quantity at this point
I NEED STURT ...... my OEM strut is dead

i have H&R Springs ... i don't know if i want to get the suspension kit or Illumina adjustable
Old 05-12-2004
Registered!!

dragoon is an unknown quantity at this point
Remember when they announced "Fall 02"
Old 05-12-2004
Registered!!

just get konis, tokico will never come out.
Old 05-13-2004
Registered!!

notac is an unknown quantity at this point
My buddy works at a garage. I went to go ask him about tokico shocks b/c my shocks are just shot bad. He got back to me and he said that tokico doesn't care the 01 and up. Which makes me pretty mad
Old 05-13-2004
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
the original date for these things was like 2 yrs ago and here we still are without them... if they come out trust me i will purchase them asap

Injen
Old 05-13-2004
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
I dont see how it is so hard to replicate an OEM shock/strut but with better valving. They are taking forever with the sentra's too.
Old 05-13-2004
Still in the game...

scatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to behold
half and half, why do u say that tokico has a terrible record for our cars....haha, im interested in knowing this cause they make the struts that sit inside of my hayame's.
Old 05-14-2004
Registered!!

dragoon is an unknown quantity at this point
the struts inside the hayames are tokico universal struts put into housings made by Hayame. Tokico OEM replacements would have to include the entire body.

Quick Reply: tokico advertisement . . .