Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Are there any linear lower springs out there?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
flotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to behold
Are there any linear lower springs out there?

Just curious if anyone knows of a company that makes linear lower springs rather the a progressive design. Thanks for any replies.
Old 04-21-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Coilovers. I don't know of anyone that makes linear rate lowering springs, I don't think you're gonna like the ride of that.
Old 04-21-2004
Registered!!

flotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to behold
Ah thanks. The only ones I found so far are Goldlines, which are a mix of linear in the front and progressive in the rear. At least thats what Robear Racing says in their description. Looks like all others are a progressive design except coil overs like you mention.
Old 04-21-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Logan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to all
Originally posted by flotsamm
Ah thanks. The only ones I found so far are Goldlines, which are a mix of linear in the front and progressive in the rear. At least thats what Robear Racing says in their description. Looks like all others are a progressive design except coil overs like you mention.
Flotsamm, You should try Goldlines, very good spring, I have been through 5 diff set ups

1st R-1 Coils and Stock struts ( decent until struts blew out, wouldnt recommend r-1's)

2nd Stock struts and sprint springs, decent but stock struts are to soft, close to stock ride

3rd Honda FP suspension set up, It was pretty good, performance wasnt there like it should be.

4th. Tein Basic, Rode great, Very sporty, 2nd best set up

5th current Koni and Goldline, BY FAR! best set up ive had, Set up is a little lower than i would like but ride quality in comfort and performance is UNMATCHED by any other set up.
Old 04-21-2004
Registered!!

Logan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to all

Best 7th gen set up IMO
Old 04-21-2004
Registered!!

Very kewl.. thats the info I was looking for. I'm really tempted to buy some Goldlines except I'm not sure about the ride height like you said. Had any problems getting around and got any more pics? Your car looks really good. Very clean.
Old 04-22-2004
Registered!!

Originally posted by flotsamm
Very kewl.. thats the info I was looking for. I'm really tempted to buy some Goldlines except I'm not sure about the ride height like you said. Had any problems getting around and got any more pics? Your car looks really good. Very clean.
I have never had any problems hitting anything under the car thank god. The first set of goldlines were about a 1.75" drop like they say, now the newer set they released, they are atleast 2" all around.

Check your PM
Old 04-23-2004
Registered!!

Unleaded is an unknown quantity at this point
<--- Another happy Goldline/Koni owner.

Old 04-23-2004
Registered!!

Perfect! Thats what I want.. a nice linear front spring that'll eliminate any chance of coil bind. Thanks for the pics.

Dizzle, got your PM, thanks! I'll give it a try.
Old 04-24-2004
Registered!!

Unleaded is an unknown quantity at this point
what's wrong with your sportlines?
Old 04-24-2004
Registered!!

There's nothing wrong with them except that they have coil bind. They still ride nice but I want to go a little lower and not have to use any coil wrap.