Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

KW V2 Inox SS Coilovers...Peek inside! & Review on last page

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up KW V2 Inox SS Coilovers...Peek inside! & Review on last page

I just received the KW Variant 2 Inox Stainless Steel Coilovers to put on our project 7thgen. To say the least, they are beautiful. We don't have the car in our possession nor on the road at this point, but we will have these on soon. Looking forward to carving some corners with these babies. Also pictured is the Ingalls Rear Camber Kit & Ingalls Camber measuring Tool.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1kw.gif
Views:	343
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	24176  

Last edited by dezod; 03-30-2004 at 02:47 PM.
Old 03-17-2004
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Inside

Name:	1kw2.gif
Views:	354
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	24177  
Old 03-17-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Camber kit

Name:	1kw_camber.gif
Views:	303
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	24178  
Old 03-17-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Ingalls Camber Gauge

Name:	1kw_cambergauge.gif
Views:	323
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	24179  
Old 03-17-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Green Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool. How much is the list price?
Old 03-17-2004
7thgen Power Maker

$1280 plus shipping!

http://www.dezod.com/pd_kw_suspensio...ic_02_incl.cfm
Old 03-17-2004
Registered!!

macrossranma is an unknown quantity at this point
hi, i have a question, when u install it, can u just post a review?i now have positive camber on the front and the mechanic told me thats the most negative i can go, i dont believe him, but its still snowing and hard to take off wheels to check, pls post how much negative camber u can go when u install? thanks

o, and do u sell the camber gauge and how much

thanksw!
Old 03-17-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Originally posted by macrossranma
hi, i have a question, when u install it, can u just post a review?i now have positive camber on the front and the mechanic told me thats the most negative i can go, i dont believe him, but its still snowing and hard to take off wheels to check, pls post how much negative camber u can go when u install? thanks

o, and do u sell the camber gauge and how much

thanksw!

You are aware that the fronts have a built in camber adjustment, right? They have an oval shaped bolt hole that allows camber adjustment. Yes, we sell the gauge, it's $85 shipped.
Old 03-18-2004
Registered!!

macrossranma is an unknown quantity at this point
thanks, i'll order the gauge in a week or so, by the look of it how much negative can u go for the front? thanks!
Old 03-18-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Originally posted by macrossranma
thanks, i'll order the gauge in a week or so, by the look of it how much negative can u go for the front? thanks!
At a glance, 2 degrees
Old 03-18-2004
Registered!!

dacivic is an unknown quantity at this point
How much is the Ingalls Camber Gauge? How do you use it?
Old 03-19-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Originally posted by dacivic
How much is the Ingalls Camber Gauge? How do you use it?

The gauge is $85 shipped.

You put on your brake rotor with stock suspension and calibrate it to 0. Put on your new suspension, then plop it on the brake rotor and it tells you how much camber to correct. Simple device.
Old 03-19-2004
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
you can get the very cheap or expensive on ebay
search using "camber gauge" or click the link below.
Some are like $14

http://search.ebaymotors.com/search/...0&BasicSearch=
Old 03-19-2004
Registered!!

Whats the spring rates and how much can they be adjusted up/down. I looked to see if it was on the website, but I didnt see it.
Old 03-19-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Between 1.4 and 2.6".

KW's are all dampening adjustable on the low speed portion of the shock curve, allowing you to control the pitch and the roll of the vehicle effectively.

350F/500R

Note some other spring rates:

Super Street (EM2/ES1) 336F/448R
Flex (EP3) 448f/559R
Flex (DC5) 448F/559R

Jic:
FLTA2 (DC5) 450F/506R
FLTA2 (EP3) 450F/506R
Old 03-19-2004
Registered!!

Now, the higher the spring rate, the stiffer the spring, correct? Thanks. I wish I had the money. Pics when they get on the civic.
Old 03-19-2004
7thgen Power Maker

You got it. Will do.
Old 03-20-2004
Registered!!

JDMPanda is an unknown quantity at this point
very nice....just in time for this summer when i'll hopefully be dumping my sagspeeds and getting some true coilovers
Old 03-20-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
how easy is it to adjust the dampening......cuz for long trips i would like to make them softer. Is the dampening control similar to Teins SS ?
Old 03-21-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Originally posted by civic01vtec
how easy is it to adjust the dampening......cuz for long trips i would like to make them softer. Is the dampening control similar to Teins SS ?

It's a **** that you turn. Not hard @ all.
Old 03-21-2004
Registered!!

AznSaint is an unknown quantity at this point
the only hard part is bending over into the trunk to adjust it. haha
Old 03-21-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Fold down back seat, problem solved.
Old 03-30-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Ok. We installed them this last weekend, which went quite well, just time consuming. There were no fitment issues or quirks that required fabrication. Everything lined up just as it should have.

The ride is aggressive, but not overly rough. You can feel every contour of the road as well. I haven't tried an spirited driving yet, but will very soon. I have rear set at 24" from the ground the mid fender well. The front, looks slammed, but really isn't. It is 23.75" from the ground to the top of the fender. I counted each individual thread, which allowed to me to get 3 of 4 coilovers at the exact height that I wanted, but somehow the front left is .25 of an inch lower than the front right. It is not noticeable, but is a measurable difference. Anyone else with KWs experience this?
Old 03-30-2004
Premium Member

runner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to all
did you put them on an o1 is that why you didnt need the upper mount? how would these be for daily driving?
Old 03-31-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Originally posted by runner1738
did you put them on an o1 is that why you didnt need the upper mount? how would these be for daily driving?
We put them on an 01 and they went on fine. We had reuse some of the OEM pieces. They'd be a little stiff for daily driving, but you can fix that by running them a little softer.
Old 03-31-2004
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
whay oem peices did you use?

also the member Spanky (nice yellow civic) is sponsored by KW I'd ask him about the level difference issue with the front end.
Old 03-31-2004
Premium Member

runner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to all
how much softer can you make them for daily driving? cause some have said its to much for daily driving or overkill
Old 03-31-2004
The Standard One

VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
thats because the left side weighs more than the other. its noticable on some cars even when its stock. Its just more so when you lower the car since the gap is much smaller
Old 03-31-2004
Registered!!

Maybe they just need to settle? I think you should give it a few days to settle down a little, then take a measurement. Just my .02
Old 04-08-2004
Premium Member

is it possible to get them at differnet spring rates?

Quick Reply: KW V2 Inox SS Coilovers...Peek inside! & Review on last page