Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

hayame help

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XtremeJM is an unknown quantity at this point
hayame help

alright, i just read the full review on the hayames and just want to verify this. I picked my car up yesterday after they installed my hayames... and man the ride is crap... I feel EVERY thing, every little bump, i got 18's and my stock strusts were blown and i prefer that ride over this... SOO i am assuming they didnt do the whole 3rd lock nut thing, when i look in to the little hole on the rear, i just see the threads, if i take a pic of the rear would you guys be able to tell me if they lowered it the crappy way without using the 3rd lock nut? Let me know please!!!
Old 02-21-2004
Registered!!

Old 02-21-2004
Registered!!

Old 02-21-2004
Registered!!

let me know guys
Old 02-21-2004
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
flotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to behold
Is it me or does the spring look crooked in relation to the damper? It almost looks like the top of the spring inst seated right.. not sure if thats even possible with Hayames.
Old 02-21-2004
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
it has to be installation problems. their was another 7thgen owner who had these and he wrote up a review on them and said they were great and the ride was excellent.

but i dont know about these, i dont have them on my car but i wish i did. good luck solving your problem tho.
Old 02-21-2004
Registered!!

Good Point, but i dont think it is, i used my camera phone, it might be the angle, but good point, im gonan look in to that too.
Old 02-21-2004
Registered!!

dave, you think i can cruise by sometime this coming thursday and you can help me out and see if they are adjusted properly and help me adjust them if need be?
Old 02-21-2004
The Standard One

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
you feel everything or your bouncing? was your car dropped before? You have to remember these are stiffer springs, A LOT stiffer than stock. Its not going to ride 100% like stock.
Hold up and now you have 18s? did you get it the same day? 18s is what really makes you feel every little crack on the road. why do you think i want to get rid of mine.
are you going to the meet? dont you have my number? but ya everything looks lined up fine. if it isnt, its because there isnt enough preload on the springs. it seems like they used the 3rd locknut(it comes like that from the factory anyways) but its still possible they didnt keep a preload. regardless i dont even think thats your problem. i think its just that your not used to your 18s
Old 02-21-2004
Registered!!

i had 18s for a week, but i am telling you, i feel EVERYTHING, they are stiff, if i go to my trunk and try to shake it, it moves like 1/18 of an inch, lol... No i am not going to the meet i work till 7, what time does the meet end?
Old 02-21-2004
Registered!!

not really bouncing much, i had blown shocks so i know what bouncing is, i mean, it feels REALLY STIFF!
Old 02-21-2004
Registered!!

VTECTypeR is an unknown quantity at this point
I think thats normal being stiff. I mean afterall these coilovers arent made to make u ride like a cadilac more of a sport car
Old 02-21-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Well, 500 lb rear springs... what were you expecting?

Lose the huge wheels, it'll probably feel better.
Old 02-21-2004
Registered!!

yeah i know, i just didnt expect to feel every bump. when i hit anything my interior rattles, i swear all my nuts and bolt gonna fall off lol...
Old 02-21-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Well really all you can do is take a little air out of the tires to give them some more flub, and set the springs so they're just tight.... with no preload on them. Consider fatter tires for your next set if possible. I'm learning how to deal with it too... my JIC rears are 560.
Old 02-21-2004
§C§H§O§C§O§B§O

chocobo15_2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
try this: jack your car up so there is no stress from the ground on the supension. Then try moving the spring...as other's have said, the spring does look crooked on the perch...so if you can move the spring, that means ur installer didn't use the 3rd lock nut.

to fix that...just screw the first 2 lock nuts all the way up until the spring is firm (so you can shake it, kick it, punch it, smash it and it won't move ^_^), then unbolt the lower nut, and rotate the 3rd locknut up the same # of rotations as you did with the first 2, and then bring the bottom housing up till its firm with the 3rd locknut, and bolt the assembly back in. Do this on all 4 corners, and see if there's a diff.

And as vnilman said, you both have 18's, you'll feel every crack in the road neway... since you were running on blown stock shocks, and springs, the ride will be soft, and won't feel that bad...now these springs are still as hell, it will NOT feel very cushiony, get 16's and you should be very well off...i'm thinkin of ditching my velox 17's and getting the volk te37's in 16's, and thicken up the tires for cushioning.

good luck man!
Old 02-21-2004
Registered!!

mogwai will become famous soon enough
Not that I ever have had Hayames before, but when I put Tokico struts with Eibach Pro-Kit springs on my Sentra; man you could feel everything on the road. If I ever hit a pothole, it was exaggeratedly felt throughout the entire car (and I had 15’s). Just like your car, you couldn’t even push the car down. I guess what I am getting at, is that this is typical of a performance suspension. This is why I’m debating doing the same to my Civic.

On the flip side, sure the ride was rough, but man did that car handle afterwards. It felt like it was on rails. Nonetheless, if you’re feeling something is wrong, have it checked out; who knows… Good luck.
Old 02-21-2004
Euro-Spec

tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
I got the same problem. The ride sucks, but its better than before. All I did was add some preload on the fronts so the spring wouldn't move. Theres nothing you can do with the rears, I tried adding preload, no preload, the ride is really really stiff. I had my 15s for a couple of days, and the ride was great, but then I switched back to my 17's and it was horrible. You have to get used to it though. Theres nothing you can do, except ditch the rims and get some smaller ones like everyone said.
Old 02-22-2004
The Standard One

you guys are pansy's.. i thought the rear wasnt stiff enough... i have the preload set really high in the rear and now i'm finally satisfied
Old 02-23-2004
§C§H§O§C§O§B§O

chocobo15_2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
^^ u stiffy!!
Old 02-23-2004
All Eyes On Z

SlammedBlueEM2 is on a distinguished road
A hayame full coilover sits right behind me now...

If they feel like that, then I really can't wait to put them on my car. They must handle nice.
Old 02-23-2004
Addicted to the Twisties!

FattyMcJ will become famous soon enoughFattyMcJ will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by VNlilMAN
you guys are pansy's.. i thought the rear wasnt stiff enough... i have the preload set really high in the rear and now i'm finally satisfied

That's what I'm gonna try when/ IF rob ever get's them in!!!
Old 02-23-2004
Registered!!

Yoyoio is an unknown quantity at this point
also waiting for Rob.... has been so long now...
Old 02-23-2004
Registered!!

They handle AWESOME, i can take turns like no tomorrow... I give it that, but after riding on them a couple days now, they are still stiff but the ride has imporved, guess they needed some breaking in, but where i live the roads are VERY BAD, i mean i have to swerve through i kid you not at least 15 pot holes in a 2 mile stretch, when it rains, like it is now, its flooded, i mean at least 3" on the entire road, so i have to drive slow cause of the CAI, but all in all i am finally satisfied, i am still gonna try to get Dave to help me out and double check on them, especially the crooked perch thing, but they Handle great.
Old 02-23-2004
Euro-Spec

tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
first few days the ride was so bumpy that my kidneys started hurting..
LOL
Old 02-23-2004
Premium Member

runner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to all
just wondering if stiffing up the chasis would help this problem out with strut bars and such, cause i was thinking about getting this, but it sound really stiff, i will have 17s by then so i guess it would be a little improved to what he is feeling but is there anyting else that can be done?
Old 02-23-2004
The Standard One

it really isnt all that stiff... but then i was used to neuspeed sports and neuspeed race which are the stiffer out of the bunch. These arent as stiff as race but more comparable to sports.
Old 02-23-2004
Premium Member

runner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to all
so is it jsut because he has 18s and there new , that he feels that its like a horrible ride?
Old 02-23-2004
Addicted to the Twisties!

FattyMcJ will become famous soon enoughFattyMcJ will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by runner1738
so is it jsut because he has 18s and there new , that he feels that its like a horrible ride?

Probably...bigger rims make for a rougher ride. Just let them settle a little, and drop the rim size and he'll be good to go.

MAN ... these things are taking FOREVER to get!!! They'd better be worth EVERY PENNY!!!
Old 02-23-2004
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Yoyoio
also waiting for Rob.... has been so long now...
haha, me too

Quick Reply: hayame help