Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Need Opinions on Sway Bars

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cartracer_21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Need Opinions on Sway Bars

Alright, I know alot of you will just tell me to search, but I need some help asap. So if you have time just give me a few opinions. I want to get a set up on my front and rear suspension, as far as swaybars, tie bars, and whatever else I need. I am used to old classics, and beginning the compact scene. Does any one know some good sites, with nice package deals? I want to have a good handling car, with a small push at the most, but I would really like just a nice free car. I would like any input available. Thank You. If you have any other suspensions secrets those would be great also. And I have read alot of forums...so please just a little help.
Old 01-06-2004
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
You are right, people are going to tell you to search. First off, if you need help ASAP, and you very little about civic handling, then you should NOT be modifying your suspension. You must take your time and research all the parts you are interested in before you slap stuff on your car. Read the FAQ in my signature and read Zzyzx's suspension tuning 101. I will also be putting up a better one soon, so look out for that.

Though those are based on the sentra, they also give a general outline of how to tune your car.
http://www.se-r.net/car_info/suspension_tuning.html
http://www.sentra.net/tech/garage/suspension.php

If you want sway bars, the progess bars are the ones of choice, but again, it depends on how big you want to go.

Last edited by robbclark1; 01-06-2004 at 08:49 AM.
Old 01-06-2004
Registered!!

Cartracer_21 is an unknown quantity at this point
robbclark1, you are right, those posts helped, and I am not totally clueless about suspension. I race stockcars, and like I said I do have a nice mechanical background. Thank you for your help, and if you do have any more tips I would be very greatful if you shared them. Oh yeah, do you know where i can get a good price. Thanks again.
Old 01-07-2004
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
www.ptuning.com has the progress bars for a nice price. You can get a CTR/ITR 22mm bar for about $150 usually, with no tie bar. Neuspeed you won't find for less than $200. You can get a used 19mm RSX bar from www.clubrsx.com if you search the for sale threads or ebay.

I didnt mean to offend you. I figured you had some background in tuning, just wasn't sure what and there are a lot of people that come in here and don't know jack about it and screw up their cars. Check the threads above that say IMPORTANT on them and are posted by me. That is the FAQ and the suspension tuning 101.