Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Neuspeed Race Springs

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GaryC17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Neuspeed Race Springs

hi all, I am just about to order a set of Neuspeed Race Springs for my 2001 Sedan Civic. Any comments from present users of this particular model of springs ? Anyone with negative or positive feedback will be greatly aprreciated. Is the drop for this spring as stated at 2.25" front and 2.0" rear ? Anyone who knows the spring rates for this spring ? I have been reading this forum on suspension as well as camber kits for the past week and it seems that alot of you guys are using the Neuspeed Sports Spring. The thing is I want a slammed ride as I do not want to regret later when my whole hand can fit between the fender and wheel. I have a friend who recommends me this spring brand "Merwede". From what I gathered from the web, it's a swedish spring producing company with TUV German approval. What I want is a really ver stiff and firm spring. I have tried coilovers but the car is totally misaligned somehow and handles BAD ! I will never ever get coilovers again !! Any inputs from you guys will be useful before I make another big mistake. Thanks.
Old 10-30-2003
Registered!!

eddie5spdx is an unknown quantity at this point
I have driven my brother's car. He has the neuspeed race springs and sbc camber kit. Its a very stiff spring and the car handles quite well.
And yeah neuspeed sports and indeed softer. Two fingers fit between the front fender and my tire. Two fingers and a half fit between the rear fender and my tire. I have 215 35 18 tires.
My bro has 205 40 17.
Old 11-01-2003
Jam out with your clam out.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
abmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questioned
whats the finger gap on his car with the 205/40/17s and neuspeed race? did they settle in any lower then when installed? that is the same setup i have. i just purchased some neuspeed race ans spc camber last week and got them a couple of days ago. you take take a look at the pictures of the products if you want in my memebrs rides. i plan on installing min in the spring when the weather gets better and i do not have to worry about gettin stuck in the snow.
Old 11-01-2003
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
Originally posted by abmerop18
whats the finger gap on his car with the 205/40/17s and neuspeed race? did they settle in any lower then when installed? that is the same setup i have. i just purchased some neuspeed race ans spc camber last week and got them a couple of days ago. you take take a look at the pictures of the products if you want in my memebrs rides. i plan on installing min in the spring when the weather gets better and i do not have to worry about gettin stuck in the snow.
springs shouldnt settle too low. heres drop with 15" i belive tire size is 205/55/15
neuspeed race springs

install springs now. just suggestion. thats what i did. whole suspension gets rusty as hell after one winter. bolts,nuts.i had hard time taking suspension off for my tein ss install on 02 ex.
Old 11-01-2003
Jam out with your clam out.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
abmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questioned
if it was up to me, i would install them now, but my parents said i have to wait till the spring. they said they dont want me drivin around in the winter with it that low, but it is ok for all the rest of the winters?? i dont really car though, they are payin for it to get installed because i said wither i am installing it myself or they are payin for it, and they said they would pay. and it is not like i have any car shows to go to or even have my rims on in the winter so it doesnt really bother me.
Old 11-02-2003
Registered!!

eddie5spdx is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by eddie5spdx
I have driven my brother's car. He has the neuspeed race springs and sbc camber kit. Its a very stiff spring and the car handles quite well.
And yeah neuspeed sports and indeed softer. Two fingers fit between the front fender and my tire. Two fingers and a half fit between the rear fender and my tire. I have 215 35 18 tires.
My bro has 205 40 17.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that I have Neuspeed sports on my car. Just in case you were wondering why i had such a big wheel gap.
Old 11-03-2003
I Queef > You

sKwiD is on a distinguished road
I've yet to see a Sedan with Neuspeed Race springs... Please tell us how it goes. I'm on Neuspeed Sports right now and the ride is quite nice, except for the fact that I have 40series tires. Race will definitely look good with 17"s. I still have too much finger gap w/ Sports.
Old 11-06-2003
Registered!!

GaryC17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Will let you guys know the outcome. Hopefully I can get some pictures posted too. Thanks for the tips.
Old 11-06-2003
Post Whore General

Jodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the rough
I had neuspeed race springs on my old SI and it was a nice drop. I'll link you to some pics. Hold on.
Old 11-06-2003
Post Whore General

Jodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the rough
http://photos.yahoo.com/jodster10732000/

click on my 02 SI pics.
Old 11-07-2003
Registered!!

Civictuner04 is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^^ nice cat jodster
Old 11-08-2003
Registered!!

Shlomo is an unknown quantity at this point
who's red civic is that? I think it looks really good.
Old 11-08-2003
Post Whore General

The red civic in my photos? Thats my old coupe. I wrecked that one. After it got fixed, it wasn't the same. So I got rid of it and got an 02 SI. But I got rid of that too. LOL. I've got an 03 EX coupe in SSM now.
Old 11-08-2003
Post Whore General

Originally posted by Civictuner04
^^^^ nice cat jodster
She's crazy. LOL