Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

hotchkis rear sway

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jdmb16ahatch is an unknown quantity at this point
hotchkis rear sway

has anyone thought about using the hotchkis 1 1/16 rear sway for the rsx? i was looking at rsx rear sways since the rsx bars should be thicker and a thicker bar in the rear is how ive always setup my hondas but wouldnt this be a good setup check it out
hotchkis rear sway
also has the endlinks and greasable joints

Last edited by jdmb16ahatch; 10-25-2003 at 01:55 PM.
Old 10-28-2003
Registered!!

Snort2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
hmm...it's a hollow one. 1 1/16 inch is about 26.5mm. $377 though...hella expensive....i have the neuspeed rear sway bar with support frame and grey's enlinks and it didn't cost me taht much and i'm satisfied with it
Old 10-28-2003
Ask me about your mom.

tekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura about
jdmb16ahatch: d00d, I looked into that one. According to the hotchkis' website, it's 27mm.

but, it is only as strong as the 22mm RSX-R rear swaybar. Checkout the specs on the hotchkis website...it says it's in the area of 225% stronger than stock. The 22mm SOLID bar is something like 253% stiffer than stock.

It all boils down to the hotchkis bar being hollow.

Get the endlinks from hotchkis too if you're going to go big!
Old 10-28-2003
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
Or... Get my endlinks. Cheaper ad you can buy a set for only the front or rear if you'de like. Check out the link in my signature for more information...
Old 10-28-2003
Registered!!

grey i know all about ur endlinks....and as for the bar being hollow yeh i read that too just looking at options might just go with progress and greys kit but duno for sure what is all out the the mugen bar for the rsx is another option but yeh duno yet im patient
Old 10-29-2003
Registered!!

Snort2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
well...one thing good about it being hollow is it weighs less than those solid sway bars. btw grey, your endlinks are awesome!!!
Old 10-29-2003
Registered!!

Renamazazo is an unknown quantity at this point
Just get the Mugen one, it's less than that, and 25MM...
Old 10-29-2003
Registered!!

Location: Edwardsburg, Elkhart, Granger, Mishawka, South Bend
Snakey is an unknown quantity at this point
i have the Eibach Anti Roll kit on my car... and i dont know how the others compare.. but i love it! Its a frickin go-kart when it comes to corners now... might look into it... but it appears i am one of the few who has it... guess i can thank my tire rack wholesale salesman for that one!
Old 10-29-2003
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
One reason that it is better then the Mugen bar.........Adjustibility

Autocross competition rear sway bar. 1 1/16" (27mm) hollow. 2 Position Adjustable +202% and +220%. Includes rear bushings brackets and end links.
For Competition Use Only!

Retail price: $396.00
Old 10-29-2003
Registered!!

u know i was thinking about the whole 220 % better than stock thats 220 better than the rsx stock not our civics so im gonna say its better than the type r bar and ajustable so yeh better overall duno if the mugen one is better but the hotchkis doesnt come with a tie bar like the mugen one does.....still unsure but as for the front im thinking leaving stock upgrading bushings and endlinks and adding the tanabe lower arm bar crossmember deal dont wanna overdo the front....why has honda made the front bigger than the back on these new civics? anyone
Old 10-29-2003
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
The 22mm RSX-R bar is approximatly 462% stronger then our 15mm stock bar and 179% stronger then the RSX's 19mm bar.

So its 220% stronger then the 19mm that is 257% stronger then our 15mmbar.............

THas one Beefy bar.

Its a bit tougher to calculate the strength of a hollow bar but Ill give it a shot...

Last edited by Zzyzx; 10-29-2003 at 04:24 PM.
Old 10-29-2003
Registered!!

Sickboy will become famous soon enoughSickboy will become famous soon enough
Man, ALL of those beat my 12mm
Old 10-29-2003
Autocross Junky

Ok done, to my calculations, the Hotchkis 27mm hollow bar on its hardest setting is the equivalent of a 23.1mm bar. on its weakest setting it is the equivalent of a 22.6mm bar

aint math fun?
Old 10-29-2003
Registered!!

so it is better than the typer bar either way good deal...what baout the front bar anyone?
Old 10-30-2003
Registered!!

I plan on getting adjustable coilovers, so that's what I'll use to tune the suspension... hopefully...
Old 10-30-2003
Autocross Junky

To tune the handling characteristics you need to be able to adjust the Roll resistance on the car (Front and Rear). so for that, an adjustible Anti-roll bar is better then having adjustible coilovers (that just allow you to change the ride height, and possibly the Damping).

Then again, you can make any anti-roll bar adjustible if your handy with a welder......
Old 10-30-2003
Ask me about your mom.

tekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura about
then again, you can make any anti-roll bar adjustable if you're handy with a welder...
man, I never thought of that...hrm. I've got a welder, but I'm worried about the paint. I guess at the end, it wouldn't matter too much, cuz the bar won't flex all that much. hrm...sweet, thanks for the idea, Zzyzx
Old 10-30-2003
Autocross Junky

Heres an Idea on how an adjustible Anti-roll bar might look like

Just cut some bracket with mounting holes, and weld them on. Just be sure that both sides are IDENTICAL! other wise you'll have more roll resistance on one side.......

more

Old 10-31-2003
Ask me about your mom.

man, sweet!

when the wife asks what the hell I'm doing, I'll point her in your direction hehehehe

this will make for some fun winter projects hehehe

although...I'd much prefer to do this with a mig welder...but I unfortunately only have access to an arc welder. hrm. time to get creative!
Old 10-31-2003
Registered!!

My friends dad has a MIG, a TIG, and Stick welder... he's CRAZY!!! I should get him to modify my sway bars when I get em...
Old 11-01-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by Grey
Or... Get my endlinks. Cheaper ad you can buy a set for only the front or rear if you'de like. Check out the link in my signature for more information...
yeh i figured go with the progress bar and order the endlinks more cost effective
Old 11-02-2003
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by jdmb16ahatch
yeh i figured go with the progress bar and order the endlinks more cost effective
Thanks for ordering BTW. I will ship out your kit as soon as I'm re-supplied with some materials. I've already ordered them and they should be here in two to three days.
Old 11-02-2003
Registered!!

yeh i put ur ss kit on the other day got rid of that crazy buzzing let me know when u ship em so i can check my box for it