Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Better Handling?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rkotlowski is an unknown quantity at this point
Better Handling?

Hey again!

I have a question for ya. I already have a front upper strut bar, rear upper strut and lower tie bar. My car is going to be lowered with Neuspeed Sport springs on 17's in the next couple of weeks. There is still a little roll in the front end of my car what do you suggest I use to get rid of it? I'm thinking about getting a Neuspeed X brac. I have also debated getting sway bars. However, the sway bars cost a lot more. What do you suggest?

Thanks,

Rob
Old 07-17-2003
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
Well the tie bar is doing you no good without an upgraded rear sway bar. It is just there for looks now. Lowering you car will help, but the stiffer the springs the better. I am not sure how stiff neuspeed sport springs are. A good set of shocks (although Konis are the only ones out) will also help. Sway bars will also help. The Progress bars are good and the rear has an integrated tie bar. If you want to stay with your tie bar, then you can get the 22mm RSX-R/CTR rear sway bar. The x-brace will help with some of the understeer but not much.
Old 07-17-2003
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
um..... Chassis reinforcements don't reduce body roll.
thats the job of springs and Anti-rollbars.

Its good to strengthen the chassis as much as possible as body flex is bad for handling. However, Body roll, in its self is not a bad thing. Camber change caused by body roll is.

What you really need to be looking at is adjusting whats called Roll Couple Distribution.

Read This for more info (I get tired of repeating my self all the time )

after that, ask more questions if you're still not sure about some things.

Last edited by Zzyzx; 07-17-2003 at 12:33 PM.
Old 07-17-2003
Registered!!

thanks!

Dont get me wrong the car handles good now and it will handle even better with the lowering and performance tires but I always want BIGGER AND BETTER if you know what I mean!

I'm looking for the cheapest solution any suggestions?

Rob
Old 07-17-2003
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
There is no cheap solution. If you take the cheap solutions then you will end up with a crappy suspension. Like right now you are putting just springs on with no aftermarket shocks. While that may be fine for awhile, our stock shocks suck and will most likely blow soon, especially because you seem to be hard on the turns. springs alone are a cheap solution to lowering.
The cheapest thing you could get that will help would be the progress sway bars.
Old 07-17-2003
Registered!!

Thanks again! I agree what you pay for is what you get! I'm looking into getting a set of Koni's I just can't afford it right now! I'm just bought rims, springs and a Camber kit! I believe that Koni's and an alarm will diffently be next!

Rob
Old 09-21-2003
Registered!!

sffree is an unknown quantity at this point
progress?? anyone feel H&R sway bars on a honda? do they even make H&R sways for hondas? They rave about the quality of the bushings that come with the bar. Does the progress bar come with bushings? or are they seperate?